Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

7 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Because the big12 is dying, and the only money left in the big12 is potential buyout money which wouldn’t go to new members anyway.  I saw what happened to the big East and this is exactly the same thing.  Besides, the aac is a better football conference than the big12 anyway and I like being on espn and we’re well positioned for the playoff.  The new teams to the conference would be decent at football but we would become one of if not the best basketball conferences.  

I think you are close to being torn to shreds and being co-defendants in a lawsuit.   

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RebelRobert said:

I just hope Craig Thompson isn't asleep right now while Aresco/ESPN are stealing the entire Big 12

He’s got Mr. Peanut right where he wants him.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

7 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Hey, you asked.  Let me ask you a question now: Taking buyout money out of the equation, what is the new big 12 worth to you? How much is stability and a clear path to the playoff and increased Bball credits worth to you?

So just to be clear, you disagree that the remaining Big 12 schools plus four AAC schools would be the more profitable then the current AAC plus some big 12 schools? 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

AAC was informed that with the additions they would be getting ACC money.  Seems like a lot but espn is saving 100m/year under that circumstance.  It’s not crazy at all at this point.

Right but it also in direct violation of Section 20.1 of the Big12 contract.  It was very smart of the Big12 lawyers to put that clause in specifically to defend against these actions.  I would guess we will see a lawsuit and discovery into this action and ESPN’s complicity in the Texas and Oklahoma move.   

the damages could be significant. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Is the LA Museum still across from the Coliseum? Are Tommy Burgers still a thing? 

YES & YES….you're thinking of the LA Co Natural History.

When I’m wrk’g, I get a Tommy’s Cheese Burger (chili comes standard of course) most wks.  I usually go to the original one on Beverly & stopped going to the Burbank location (closest to my house) because a detour signed scratch the side of my truck last time I was there.  :-(

Lets just hope the MWC Presidents are smart enough not to get pulled into the Monstrosity Disaster Conference Aresco is building.

Craig Thompson is dumb enough to get us involved in some whacked out scheme where we all join together.

PLEASE DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Right but it also in direct violation of Section 20.1 of the Big12 contract.  It was very smart of the Big12 lawyers to put that clause in specifically to defend against these actions.  I would guess we will see a lawsuit and discovery into this action and ESPN’s complicity in the Texas and Oklahoma move.   

the damages could be significant. 

To me the only danger is if the OU/T move was compromised behind the scenes.  If that is free and clear then the big12 has nothing.  

On 7/27/2021 at 3:10 PM, trvitmvnz said:

we should take a look at St John Bosco, Mater Dei, Bishop Gorman and St Louis. Round up our 16 

@bigd & @trvitmvnz

Wait a minute guys...  ¿What about my alma mater, Bishop Montgomery?

We've been in the same conf as St John Bosco & Mater Dei many times.  My Frosh f'ball team team beat Mater Dei on-the-road in Santa Ana in 1981.  Our hoops team won State in 2017, had 5-players in the last (2021) Big Dance (1-SDSU, 1-UCLA, 3-Oregon State), splits w/Mater Dei on a regular basis when I was a student & in recent-yrs as well.

Despite going undefeated in conf in 2019 (the last full season on record) & 8-3 over-all that yr, our f'ball team is a shadow of what it was when we went to the CIF Finals my Jr-yr.

Don't forget, we won the CIF SS Soccer Championship (the furthest you could go back then) my Sophomore-yr.  I played for JV & rode the bench on varsity all through the play-offs waiting for the starter to get hurt...haha.

¡¡¡ GO BMHS KNIGHTS !!!

830ECF98-D7E2-4529-A304-CE36A267C1AC.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

So, how does the MWC feel about TCU, Baylor, and K-State?

TCU is an old friend & K-State is a fellow Land Grant school in an adjacent State, so we welcome them w/open arms.

F' baylor.  The rapists are all yours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

At this point ESPN has decided they want this thing finished tonight and they are trying to break the Big 12 schools.

All it takes is a few of them to crack and the AAC will win.

Or they can take a play of the MWC handbook and send invites to two of Cinci/Houston/UCF and break the AAC.

8 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

AAC was informed that with the additions they would be getting ACC money.  Seems like a lot but espn is saving 100m/year under that circumstance.  It’s not crazy at all at this point.

maniacal_laugh_austin_powers.gif

• Haha 4

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.