Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

On 10/17/2022 at 6:25 PM, utenation said:

Really? Every playoff show I’ve watched since it started has a ton of conversation around schedule. Quality wins and Quality losses to elite teams.

Which CFP shows have you been watching? Perhaps you were watching NASCAR rankings instead?

Again, box of rocks. 

I don’t think I hear anyone credible discuss quality losses but will pay attention this weekend.  Something tells me you’re just barking with no substance again but if they mention it I will give you props.

On 10/17/2022 at 5:25 PM, utenation said:

Really? Every playoff show I’ve watched since it started has a ton of conversation around schedule. Quality wins and Quality losses to elite teams.

Which CFP shows have you been watching? Perhaps you were watching NASCAR rankings instead?

Again, box of rocks. 

Quality wins/losses/SOS doesnt differentiate between conf and OOC.

That aside...yes, box of rocks.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 10/17/2022 at 5:22 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I don’t think I hear anyone credible discuss quality losses but will pay attention this weekend.  Something tells me you’re just barking with no substance again but if they mention it I will give you props.

We know Woosh. We know. You don't hear a lot of stuff.  Considering the CFP rankings don't come out until 11/1/22, listening this weekend might not work my friend. 

I'm still trying to get un-dazzled on your "West Coast Bias" gem.  That was a beauty. 

On 10/17/2022 at 7:31 PM, utenation said:

We know Woosh. We know. You don't hear a lot of stuff.  Considering the CFP rankings don't come out until 11/1/22, listening this weekend might not work my friend. 

I'm still trying to get un-dazzled on your "West Coast Bias" gem.  That was a beauty. 

You said they discuss it all the time, so either you’re right or you’re wrong.  We’ll all know in a few days I guess?

• Facepalm 1

On 10/17/2022 at 6:25 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

You said they discuss it all the time, so either you’re right or you’re wrong.  We’ll all know in a few days I guess?

Let’s say within the first few rankings, you have 2 teams from the same conference, exact same record, almost identical SOS. Both teams have 1 loss in OOC. They haven’t played each other yet.  Conference title is still a ways out. 

Team A lost a nail biter on the road at Clemson. 

Team B had a terrible loss to a terrible UCF team at “The Bounce House”. 

What factor do you think the committee will use to determine higher rank? We have 2 losses here. 

On 10/17/2022 at 5:37 PM, utenation said:

It will be interesting to see how the very soon to be released playoff rankings look. One thing the committee is pretty consistent at is hammering schedules. 

But to the disappointment of @NorCalCougand @Pelado Massey rankings won't be used. Darn it.

Don’t worry, it will all be over soon enough and you can trade in that PAC12 bumper sticker and tramp stamp for either a BigXII or MWC one.  Just be patient.  In the meantime enjoy the PAC Kool Aid. ;) 

v0icAvfW.jpg

On 10/17/2022 at 7:06 PM, NorCalCoug said:

Don’t worry, it will all be over soon enough and you can trade in that PAC12 bumper sticker and tramp stamp for either a BigXII or MWC one.  Just be patient.  In the meantime enjoy the PAC Kool Aid. ;) 

As long as you go with me to the tattoo shop, I’m in. 😉

• Cheers 1

On 10/17/2022 at 9:04 PM, utenation said:

Let’s say within the first few rankings, you have 2 teams from the same conference, exact same record, almost identical SOS. Both teams have 1 loss in OOC. They haven’t played each other yet.  Conference title is still a ways out. 

Team A lost a nail biter on the road at Clemson. 

Team B had a terrible loss to a terrible UCF team at “The Bounce House”. 

What factor do you think the committee will use to determine higher rank? We have 2 losses here. 

What are the rankings of these teams?

You loaded this question to where there’s only one reasonable answer though, if a team lost terribly to a terrible team and another team lost a competitive game to a good team then there’s not much room for discussion and isn’t an honest take.  

• Facepalm 1

On 10/17/2022 at 7:16 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

What are the rankings of these teams?

You loaded this question to where there’s only one reasonable answer though, if a team lost terribly to a terrible team and another team lost a competitive game to a good team then there’s not much room for discussion and isn’t an honest take.  

This is the last time I explain this to you.

Okay, change the scenario. Team B lost a close one to UCF. Current ranking doesn’t matter. Let’s say neither team was ranked until now. 

I tried to give you the closest possible scenario to make it as even as possible. 

if you don’t get this, I can’t help you. 

90% chance Team A gets ranked higher. Going into Death Valley to play top 5 Clemson gets you far more respect than anything UCF can muster. 

On 10/17/2022 at 9:20 PM, utenation said:

This is the last time I explain this to you.

Okay, change the scenario. Team B lost a close one to UCF. Current raking doesn’t matter. Let’s say neither team was ranked until now. 

I tried to give you the closest possible scenario to make it as even as possible. 

if you don’t get this, I can’t help you. 

90% chance Team A gets ranked higher. Going into Death Valley to play top 5 Clemson gets you far more respect than anything UCF can muster. 

I got what you were doing, you just loaded the question to where there’s no way not to go with team A.  You’re just trying to poop on UCF but failing miserably then losing the whole ‘quality loss’ argument.

I can make it much easier for you.  Quality losses aren’t a thing you can take seriously If you value credible discussion.  Even at the end of a season if you have to pick between two teams there is a laundry list of metrics to use that can paint a better picture of the teams than saying team A lost to Clemson last week and team B lost to Oregon in week 3 therefore ‘X’ is better. Nobody intelligent thinks like that.

• Super-Mega Idiot 1

On 10/17/2022 at 7:53 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I got what you were doing, you just loaded the question to where there’s no way not to go with team A.  You’re just trying to poop on UCF but failing miserably then losing the whole ‘quality loss’ argument.

I can make it much easier for you.  Quality losses aren’t a thing you can take seriously If you value credible discussion.  Even at the end of a season if you have to pick between two teams there is a laundry list of metrics to use that can paint a better picture of the teams than saying team A lost to Clemson last week and team B lost to Oregon in week 3 therefore ‘X’ is better. Nobody intelligent thinks like that.

Of course buddy. Of course.  You are always right and everyone else is always wrong. 

Get back to me when you find some evidence of “West Coast Bias”. 

As well as proof that Memphis Hoops is far more valuable than Boise’s entire athletic department. Don’t forget to finally give us the scoop on the millions of dollars in properties you own in Utah and other Western States. Even though you can’t tell us where Nevada is on a map. 

7 minutes ago, utenation said:

Of course buddy. Of course.  You are always right and everyone else is always wrong. 

Get back to me when you find some evidence of “West Coast Bias”. 

As well as proof that Memphis Hoops is far more valuable than Boise’s entire athletic department. Don’t forget to finally give us the scoop on the millions of dollars in properties you own in Utah and other Western States. Even though you can’t tell us where Nevada is on a map. 

My moles say there is a west coast bias... big time.  

• Like 1

On 10/17/2022 at 8:53 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Nobody intelligent thinks like that.

How would you know?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 10/17/2022 at 9:24 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

It’s easier than you think, just get your information from somewhere other than here.

Thank you for proving the point by answering a question not being asked.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 10/17/2022 at 9:01 PM, RSF said:

Thank you for proving the point by answering a question not being asked.

I knew Woosh was missing a few marbles but I had no idea things have gotten this bad. 

I’m guessing he was recently kicked in the head by a mule at his state fair. 

F25ADFE3-4FF0-4934-8097-2FACE0D048A4.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 10/17/2022 at 10:14 PM, Someone Else said:

My moles say there is a west coast bias... big time.  

Since you’re trying to be funny you’re getting all the mole comments now, well done!

Another mole is saying that Texas will be coming to UCF next season, perhaps to open conference play.

This would be sweet as Texas came and opened up our stadium back in 2007.