Jump to content
Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

Recommended Posts

On 8/1/2022 at 4:23 PM, Cleopatra said:

this guy is trashing on San Diego St. and SMU on twitter

 

 

 

 

@RebelRobert is entertaining and does know how to pimp his School.

His hate for SDSU is off the hook. Did he get denied admission or is he butt hurt that we own them in Basketball and Football ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2022 at 9:12 AM, Spaztecs said:

@RebelRobert is entertaining and does know how to pump his School.

His hate for SDSU is off the hook. Did he get denied admission or is he butt hurt that we own them in Basketball and Football ?

Yeah, @RebelRobert is a real treasure right? 

You know your case for addition is sunk when all they have is to belittle other schools. I mean shouldn’t UNLV’s merits stand on their own without trying to bash SDSU?

The best is when Rob throws around his football stadium banter. UNLV didn’t pay a dime for that stadium. They let the Raiders, the NFL and tax payers pick up the check. Glorified renters is what they are.

That’s like the poor guy that rents a high end car for a few days, rolling with his buddies telling everyone he’s a high roller. 
 

Rob has passion but he’s not the brightest bulb on the tree. He’s the Donald Trump of UNLV fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2022 at 10:12 AM, Spaztecs said:

@RebelRobert is entertaining and does know how to pimp his School.

His hate for SDSU is off the hook. Did he get denied admission or is he butt hurt that we own them in Basketball and Football ?

I am trying to be nice and posting all over the internet that SDSU should be allowed to come with UNLV to the PAC-12.  I have been supporting and pimping SDSU since the 1990’s as A tag along partner with UNLV, back when SDSU played in the empty Sports Arena with beer stained cushions and lost EVERY SINGLE basketball game. Back when SDSU hired a JC Football coach and were raping every girl on campus, I was still pushing for terrible SDSU to be included.  When miserable Chuck Long was the coach and SDSU was winning 2 or 3 Football games a year, it was RebelRobert sticking up for the joker school that is SDSU.

Now the time finally arrives to go to the PAC-12 and I am being nice and including SDSU in all my images pimping the Aztecs for an invite and what thanks do I get?  Some loudmouth know nothing low life Aztec fans think they are going to start badmouthing UNLV?  When I am being nice and bringing you along out of pity.

Cal State losers you will never be admitted to the PAC-12 now!

Hey_Reb.PAC12.jpg.2441fdbd89a82a3aa8e4d1bdd3afa908.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2022 at 11:40 AM, RebelRobert said:

I am trying to be nice and posting all over the internet that SDSU should be allowed to come with UNLV to the PAC-12.  I have been supporting and pimping SDSU since the 1990’s as A tag along partner with UNLV, back when SDSU played in the empty Sports Arena with beer stained cushions and lost EVERY SINGLE basketball game. Back when SDSU hired a JC Football coach and were raping every girl on campus, I was still pushing for terrible SDSU to be included.  When miserable Chuck Long was the coach and SDSU was winning 2 or 3 Football games a year, it was RebelRobert sticking up for the joker school that is SDSU.

Now the time finally arrives to go to the PAC-12 and I am being nice and including SDSU in all my images pimping the Aztecs for an invite and what thanks do I get?  Some loudmouth know nothing low life Aztec fans think they are going to start badmouthing UNLV?  When I am being nice and bringing you along out of pity.

Cal State losers you will never be admitted to the PAC-12 now!

Hey_Reb.PAC12.jpg.2441fdbd89a82a3aa8e4d1bdd3afa908.jpg

It seems you've jumped from the timeline where UNLV is relevant. This is not that timeline, mysterious traveler.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2022 at 11:40 AM, RebelRobert said:

I am trying to be nice and posting all over the internet that SDSU should be allowed to come with UNLV to the PAC-12.  I have been supporting and pimping SDSU since the 1990’s as A tag along partner with UNLV, back when SDSU played in the empty Sports Arena with beer stained cushions and lost EVERY SINGLE basketball game. Back when SDSU hired a JC Football coach and were raping every girl on campus, I was still pushing for terrible SDSU to be included.  When miserable Chuck Long was the coach and SDSU was winning 2 or 3 Football games a year, it was RebelRobert sticking up for the joker school that is SDSU.

Now the time finally arrives to go to the PAC-12 and I am being nice and including SDSU in all my images pimping the Aztecs for an invite and what thanks do I get?  Some loudmouth know nothing low life Aztec fans think they are going to start badmouthing UNLV?  When I am being nice and bringing you along out of pity.

Cal State losers you will never be admitted to the PAC-12 now!

Hey_Reb.PAC12.jpg.2441fdbd89a82a3aa8e4d1bdd3afa908.jpg

 

You sure changed your tune in your tweets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/8/2022 at 7:50 AM, Spaztecs said:

I think most will be okay.

They have survived this long without big tv contracts. A few will struggle without their payday games. 

The FCS, D2 & D3 has survived.

Like the Big Boys, we will probably see a reshuffling of the G5 deck chairs and will have fewer G5 Conferences.

This is the downside of unfettered Capitalism.

It’s not the system it’s the schools.  If they weren’t so greedy they would maintain tradition. They don’t have to take the money etc but they do because the system made growth and wealth possible.  Along with that comes evolutionary change. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/18/2021 at 10:02 PM, mugtang said:

What if Thompson was playing 4-D chess with Aresco. He dropped that we were looking to expand into Texas and forced the AAC to severally dilute their brand :lol:  

^^^^^^^^^ That post didn't age well.

Mike_Aresco_2016_.jpg?preset=large.story

 

IF Hair Thompson baited Aresco into taking UTSA, North Texas, and Rice: It's likely going to mean the MWC will be elevating a smorgasbord of FCS schools in the near future, in order to survive the inevitable Pac 12 poaching that's about to happen.

Mike Aresco is smiling wide right now. Even if the AAC loses SMU, he has North Texas covered - and the MWC is about to be severely weakened, soon, which will help solidify the AAC's historical dominance over that NY6 Bowl spot.

The MWC will finally give the Montanas and Dakotas their opening.

maxresdefault.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/30/2022 at 11:33 PM, BobcatGoldthwait said:

^^^^^^^^^ That post didn't age well.

Mike_Aresco_2016_.jpg?preset=large.story

 

IF Hair Thompson baited Aresco into taking UTSA, North Texas, and Rice: It's likely going to mean the MWC will be elevating a smorgasbord of FCS schools in the near future, in order to survive the inevitable Pac 12 poaching that's about to happen.

Mike Aresco is smiling wide right now. Even if the AAC loses SMU, he has North Texas covered - and the MWC is about to be severely weakened, soon, which will help solidify the AAC's historical dominance over that NY6 Bowl spot.

The MWC will finally give the Montanas and Dakotas their opening.

maxresdefault.jpg

what was it like MCing nirvana concerts back in the day?...lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2022 at 12:33 AM, BobcatGoldthwait said:

^^^^^^^^^ That post didn't age well.

Mike_Aresco_2016_.jpg?preset=large.story

 

IF Hair Thompson baited Aresco into taking UTSA, North Texas, and Rice: It's likely going to mean the MWC will be elevating a smorgasbord of FCS schools in the near future, in order to survive the inevitable Pac 12 poaching that's about to happen.

Mike Aresco is smiling wide right now. Even if the AAC loses SMU, he has North Texas covered - and the MWC is about to be severely weakened, soon, which will help solidify the AAC's historical dominance over that NY6 Bowl spot.

The MWC will finally give the Montanas and Dakotas their opening.

maxresdefault.jpg

After a quick check, looks like your last 5-6 posts have all had the demise of the P12 included. A bit odd for a “Texas State” fan I think. 

Lots of references to BYU and the B12 as well. 

I knew a guy named stunner that posted the exact same way.  A bitter BYU fan that went out of his way to bad mouth the conference Utah went to. Add in a pinch of MWC hating and you have a stunner soup. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2022 at 2:33 AM, BobcatGoldthwait said:

^^^^^^^^^ That post didn't age well.

Mike_Aresco_2016_.jpg?preset=large.story

 

IF Hair Thompson baited Aresco into taking UTSA, North Texas, and Rice: It's likely going to mean the MWC will be elevating a smorgasbord of FCS schools in the near future, in order to survive the inevitable Pac 12 poaching that's about to happen.

Mike Aresco is smiling wide right now. Even if the AAC loses SMU, he has North Texas covered - and the MWC is about to be severely weakened, soon, which will help solidify the AAC's historical dominance over that NY6 Bowl spot.

The MWC will finally give the Montanas and Dakotas their opening.

maxresdefault.jpg

A new PAC 12 with the top 6-7 MWC schools in it will put a lot of pressure on the aac as it relates to the NY6.   The demise of the PAC is not good for any of the g5 conferences, it is good for the p5 however.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And here goes the next round of realignment:

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/34492879/sources-fox-espn-open-talks-big-12-conference-next-television-deal

I guess the big question now is how fast does this move? It’ll be interesting to see how Wilner spins this one as apparently this wasn’t going to happen per his sources.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1564950031521701889?s=20&t=y0HlUQ2bP089td2DjB2r7A

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2022 at 8:30 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Blind squirrel or has he actually been on point?

He could of been told something. Never know.

One thing is for sure, the PAC keep finding ways to screw themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2022 at 7:39 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

And here goes the next round of realignment:

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/34492879/sources-fox-espn-open-talks-big-12-conference-next-television-deal

I guess the big question now is how fast does this move? It’ll be interesting to see how Wilner spins this one as apparently this wasn’t going to happen per his sources.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1564950031521701889?s=20&t=y0HlUQ2bP089td2DjB2r7A

You’re not very sharp pal. All this article shows is the B12 will be talking to tv partners about a new contract. With a reference to additional schools as an option. 
 

So why would Wilber “spin” the fact that they will negotiate with TV partners?

I’m pretty sure B12 leadership had many closed door discussions with their TV partners on value with potential  additional schools right after USC/UCLA said they’re leaving. 

So where’s the huge pay increase for the millions of schools begging to get into your conference?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2022 at 10:44 AM, utenation said:

You’re not very sharp pal. All this article shows is the B12 will be talking to tv partners about a new contract. With a reference to additional schools as an option. 
 

So why would Wilber “spin” the fact that they will negotiate with TV partners?

I’m pretty sure B12 leadership had many closed door discussions with their TV partners on value with potential  additional schools right after USC/UCLA said they’re leaving. 

So where’s the huge pay increase for the millions of schools begging to get into your conference?

Things are happening exactly the way they were layed out.  If you want answers to your questions read previous posts or go to Twitter, the Thamels and McMurphys are explaining the exact why right now.

An extension is best case scenario for the big 12 because it allows third partner (still hearing Amazon) to come in the equation for tier three, which will be significant with more inventory due to future additions.  
 

The Wilner spin is that he said the big12 couldn’t/wouldn’t open up negotiations and wouldn’t be allowed to discuss tangible numbers with potential new members.  Welp…here we are.  Wilner is all spin right now because all he has to work with is a shitsandwich.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2022 at 10:38 AM, Reverend said:

That was when he was posting 20 times a day and the report said it just started. He could of been told something. Never know.

One thing is for sure, the PAC keep finding ways to screw themselves.

I’m leaning blind squirrel but there’s a high likelihood that things are much further along; the formalities tend to lag the realities.  Kind of like what we talked about earlier with rumors always being rumors until they’re done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...