Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

On 4/14/2022 at 8:13 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

It’s actually in one of the studies I posted here, been here all along.  All the other guy had to do was follow through on his end and I would have brought it back up and it would be over.  Let this be a lesson Ibanez, be a dude of your word and you can sleep easy, and never choose Jack Bauer’s side, it is by nature a losing side.  

But he had a great TV show. You just give reviews to beach front breakfast restaurants in downtown Orlando.

I'll say it again.

USC will be calling the B1G and have already talked. USC and +1 to the B1G. I'm going with UCLA but I had heard Stanford in the mix. Doesn't mean it is happening but other people have heard this as well such as some of the Ohio State podcasts in YouTube. But I heard this a while back, way before them.

Memphis and Boise State was, or at least were next in line for the Big 12 and was told to be ready. USF and SMU had gained some ground by new facility announcements and things. Colorado State also had been mentioned.

Just reminding everyone and I'm still calling it.

• Haha 6

On 4/14/2022 at 1:41 PM, Reverend said:

I'll say it again.

USC will be calling the B1G and have already talked. USC and +1 to the B1G. I'm going with UCLA but I had heard Stanford in the mix. Doesn't mean it is happening but other people have heard this as well such as some of the Ohio State podcasts in YouTube. But I heard this a while back, way before them.

Memphis and Boise State was, or at least we're next in line for the Big 12 and was told to be ready. USF and SMU had gained some ground by new facility announcements and things. Colorado State also had been mentioned.

Just reminding everyone and I'm still calling it.

You just never learn. 

• Like 2

On 4/14/2022 at 12:23 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

That was understandable at first because his school - or should that be schools plural? - was stuck in another non-power conference but now that UCF is going to the B12, you would expect him to be infesting their message board.

This place is much more interesting and has more traffic when people outside the echo chamber contribute.

On 4/14/2022 at 3:09 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

This place is much more interesting and has more traffic when people outside the echo chamber contribute.

Actually you have a point if we are talking conference message boards. Other conference boards suck. This one is pretty shit too only because nods take sides. Pretty obvious RSF is their butthole buddy but it is what it is 

• Super-Mega Idiot 1

On 4/14/2022 at 2:12 PM, Reverend said:

I've been right too many times to care what you, that piece of shit RSF, or anyone else thinks.

No, you haven't.  That's kind of the point.  We're still waiting for one of your inside scoop type of stories to actually come to fruition.

• Like 3

On 4/14/2022 at 3:27 PM, Aslowhiteguy said:

No, you haven't.  That's kind of the point.  We're still waiting for one of your inside scoop type of stories to actually come to fruition.

Plenty of them did already. I announced the MWC TV contract a few weeks before it happened, BSU and the Big West fallout, and several other small things that don't really matter.

BSU to the Big 12, USC to the B1G....that shit isn't happening til the TV negotiations start. I already posted a rumor about USC and the B1G talking plus several people discussing BSU and Memphis to the Big 12 and it wasn't good enough. Some podcasts, some sports reporters. It wasn't good enough. You all just made up your own s reasons why. That's not my problem. Believe it or not, don't care. But being a dick about it is uncalled for, but you  can't help yourselves for some reason.

It's ok. These shit mods won't do anything to you.

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

On 4/14/2022 at 3:52 PM, UNLVFan90 said:

the office finger guns GIF

Reverend, RSF, and Woosh.

Woosh isn't that bad. He just never seems to talk about the MWC and if he does it's usually a back handed compliment. He would be a good poster on a Big 12 board.

RSF, well ....

On 4/14/2022 at 4:52 PM, UNLVFan90 said:

the office finger guns GIF

Reverend, RSF, and Woosh.

Are finger guns protected by the 2nd Amendment?

• Haha 1

On 4/14/2022 at 7:49 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I’m not spelling that out each time.  I know what it’s for, and it’s wrong.  Unless they’re using old years, like early 2010’s or something.  

On 4/14/2022 at 8:03 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

The last time UCF had a game with that low of viewers <250k was the snowed out game against Temple on espnu in 2017.  That same year they also had a regular season game with 4.7 million viewers.  I don’t care about the purpose of the chart or whatever point people were trying to make about byu in it, I’m just pointing out that the numbers are wrong with UCF by a large margin so if those are wrong some of the other schools’ numbers probably are too.

@Did I hear a WOOSH? may have a point on the data being inaccurate.  I just did a quick tabulation from the SportsMediaWatch data, and - if I did it right - it actually looks worse for UCF than what the article said.

The article said that UCF had a median audience of 247k for their 21 games broadcast on ESPN2/ESPNU/ESPNews/FS1 between 2015-2019.  Going through the ratings data, though, I see 24 qualifying games during that time span, which yields a median audience of 219K:

• Tulsa - 67K - ESPNews
    • Cincinnati - 101K - ESPNews
    • Houston - 171K - ESPNews
    • UConn - 111K - ESPNews
    • Tulane - 73K - ESPNews
    • South Carolina - 380K - ESPNU
    • Stanford - 151K - FS1
    • Cincinnati - 112K - ESPNU
    • Houston - 192K - ESPNU
    • Temple - 100K - ESPNU
    • Temple - 144K - ESPNU
    • SMU - 369K - ESPN2
    • Cincinnati - 131K - ESPNU
    • Memphis - 442K - ESPN2
    • Maryland - 247K - FS1
    • Navy - 385K - ESPN2
    • ECU - 486K - ESPN2
    • SMU - None recorded - ESPNU
    • Pittsburg - 246K - ESPNU
    • UConn - 444K - ESPNU
    • Tulsa - 787K - ESPN2
    • Houston - 736 - ESPN2
    • Temple - 277K - ESPN2
    • UConn - 322 - ESPN2

If we remove the 2018 game against SMU, then the median comes up to 246K - pretty close to what the article said - but it's still 23 games instead of the 21 games they quoted.

• Cheers 1

Getting back to realignment: why doesn't the Mountain West invite St. Mary's? They would balance the basketball/football ratio at 12/12. They are a good program with a good name. It would then force Gonzaga's hand as a WCC without St. Mary's and BYU is probably not somewhere Gonzaga wants to be. 

On 4/14/2022 at 4:32 PM, shizzle787 said:

Getting back to realignment: why doesn't the Mountain West invite St. Mary's? They would balance the basketball/football ratio at 12/12. They are a good program with a good name. It would then force Gonzaga's hand as a WCC without St. Mary's and BYU is probably not somewhere Gonzaga wants to be. 

How do you know they haven't?

On 4/14/2022 at 6:05 PM, shizzle787 said:

Please share your knowledge. 

I have no knowledge..Neither does anyone else here.

If I had a guess no non football school has been invited..

They were reportedly talking to Gonzaga, though.