Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

45 minutes ago, shizzle787 said:

Yea, but Rutgers and Maryland didn't really move the sports needle either when they were added. Georgia Tech and Kansas are both AAU schools, which is very important to the B1G. I think the B1G has their eyes on UNC and UVA but those two might enjoy being the UT/OU of the ACC. 

At least Maryland and Rutgers brought large markets at a time when that was important.  

When will this horribly long-winded topic end?  Gents and ladies, the cards are thrown down.  The dice have been tossed.  The deck chairs have shuffled around the ship.  First class deck chairs of course.  Steerage is for the MAC or WAC. 

The final tale of the tape pls.  There will always be the Power Five.  Separation, permanent.  Big paydays, permanent.  I just want a few of you other phouckers to join the party.

Man up, MWC.  Co-join once XII broadcast rights go to hard negotiations with ESPN and Fox (or else) in a few years.  We need ever better markets to collect more coin.  And that means West.  The reasonable level is about $28m/annum/squad right now post Texas and Oklahoma as in with only 12.

I want to outplace ACC locked up until 2036 at about $34m/squad. 

You Westward phouckers have to throw it over the top and more.  E-X-P-A-S-I-O-N to 14 in XII.  Displace the ACC.  And of course whatever tard crap PAC does - which is basically nothing other than whining about the Rose Bowl. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

2 hours ago, Coog kev said:

When will this horribly long-winded topic end?  Gents and ladies, the cards are thrown down.  The dice have been tossed.  The deck chairs have shuffled around the ship.  First class deck chairs of course.  Steerage is for the MAC or WAC. 

The final tale of the tape pls.  There will always be the Power Five.  Separation, permanent.  Big paydays, permanent.  I just want a few of you other phouckers to join the party.

Man up, MWC.  Co-join once XII broadcast rights go to hard negotiations with ESPN and Fox (or else) in a few years.  We need ever better markets to collect more coin.  And that means West.  The reasonable level is about $28m/annum/squad right now post Texas and Oklahoma as in with only 12.

I want to outplace ACC locked up until 2036 at about $34m/squad. 

You Westward phouckers have to throw it over the top and more.  E-X-P-A-S-I-O-N to 14 in XII.  Displace the ACC.  And of course whatever tard crap PAC does - which is basically nothing other than whining about the Rose Bowl. 

I thought you said the dice have been tossed on this topic..

7 hours ago, shizzle787 said:

I don't think any of the NC or VA schools would leave for the B1G. BC, Pitt, and Syracuse probably won't be invited. Louisville definitely won't be invited. Clemson and FSU have their eyes on the SEC and I don't see Miami in the B1G.  I do, however, see Georgia Tech making the move if the GOR can be figured out. My guess is they would be paired with Kansas. 

Virginia almost did leave ACC a few years ago but ended up staying with ACC. 

On 1/17/2022 at 8:42 PM, Wyobraska said:

I know the B1G views it as more than sports but what terrible adds from an athletic standpoint besides Kansas bball.  

Any B1G expansion comes from a position of strength. They aren't going the Big 12 route where they add any second-rate university who has had a couple decent seasons to desperately maintain their power conference status. They want schools that will bring value for decades in the future. Hence they are focusing on schools with strong academics, large endowments, broad fan support, and attractive/growing TV markets. Also, one of the concerns of the B1G is that most of their members are in midwestern states that are slowly losing population relative to the rest of the country. That's why UVA and UNC are at the top of their wish list. They are the most popular brands in two rapidly growing states, and they both have stellar academics and huge endowments. Even if both schools continue to be mediocre in football, getting the BTN on basic cable in Virginia and North Carolina would generate enough additional revenue to justify feeding two more mouths. And with the amount of money both schools have, they will probably field a competitive team some day. (They are already great additions for basketball even if their football programs have struggled.)

On 1/15/2022 at 7:39 AM, BacksThePack said:

16 team Big Pac 12.

WazzU, Boise, Oregon State, Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, BYU, Colorado

Iowa State, Kansas State, Kansas, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, TCU, Houston, Baylor

Would also be a thought. In the AAC's dreams at least. Maybe SDSU could sweet talk their way in over Boise or Houston (flip Colorado to with their old buds)

Boise is so underqualified for the Big Pac. Still no SDSU due to your Aztec envy ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 1/15/2022 at 3:07 PM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

drugs are bad

Freaking Out Oh No GIF by NickRewind

Americans Mayor

On 1/15/2022 at 8:32 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You were wrong, just own it.  If Gonzaga wanted to join the MWC, the votes would be unanimous.  

What Schools would veto this and why ?

:foottap:

• Like 1

Americans Mayor

On 1/15/2022 at 8:48 PM, slappy said:

Football conference.  Nothing against basketball only conferences and schools.  Just not us. 

Murdoch Mysteries Murdochovation GIF by Ovation TV

Americans Mayor

On 1/15/2022 at 8:55 PM, Reverend said:

MWC got used by Gonzaga. 

richard reid winner GIF by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Australia

Americans Mayor

On 1/17/2022 at 6:42 PM, Wyobraska said:

I know the B1G views it as more than sports but what terrible adds from an athletic standpoint besides Kansas bball.  

True, but it has been proven the Academic side of the House is the real financial powerhouse.

Americans Mayor

On 1/17/2022 at 11:14 PM, nvspuds said:

I thought you said the dice have been tossed on this topic..

Many salads have.

Americans Mayor