Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

1 hour ago, wolfpack1 said:

Iowa doesn't want Iowa St in the B10 so that is a non starter for Iowa St to B10. B10 wants AAU schools and southern schools are could be a total opposite of what they have. But there really isn't AAU schools out there they could go after Kansas and Virginia move a little south and then east as well. But I don't see ACC schools leaving

B1G isn't interested in Iowa State. Kansas maybe but I doubt it.

The next round is gonna be the B1G taking two PAC-12 schools or the PAC-12 taking two Big 12 schools.

I imagine it's gonna end up being five 16 team conferences, a handful of Indy's and then they're will be the first split.

• Like 1

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

3 minutes ago, Reverend said:

The next round is gonna be the B1G taking two PAC-12 schools or the PAC-12 taking two Big 12 schools.

I imagine it's gonna end up being five 16 team conferences, a handful of Indy's and then they're will be the first split.

Kansas was in talks with B10 this past summer about joining so there is interest. You know B10 is already at 14 schools already so I only see them expanding by two schools if they did and I don't think its going to be from the West. IF they did expand I am thinking either two from ACC or one from B12 and one from ACC. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Reverend said:

I  think the B1G should take some Pac-12 Schools. There's always rumors of USC and Oregon going to the B1G tbh. This would probably result in Arizona, Utah, and Arizona State going to the Big 12. Which would then lead to Washington State and Oregon State going to the Mountain West. Which Big 12 schools would the pac 12 take?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NewGuy12 said:

I  think the B1G should take some Pac-12 Schools. There's always rumors of USC and Oregon going to the B1G tbh. This would probably result in Arizona, Utah, and Arizona State going to the Big 12. Which would then lead to Washington State and Oregon State going to the Mountain West. Which Big 12 schools would the pac 12 take?

Honestly I think the big conferences are done with expansion for now possibly for the next few years because really there is no one out there anymore

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

Kansas was in talks with B10 this past summer about joining so there is interest. You know B10 is already at 14 schools already so I only see them expanding by two schools if they did and I don't think its going to be from the West. IF they did expand I am thinking either two from ACC or one from B12 and one from ACC. 

No there were hopeful KU people trying to make something happen, in vain.

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

Duke, North Carolina, Virginia and Wake Forest are almost tied to the waist together and they also have a lot of power in the ACC pretty much any expansion you have to get those schools on your side. 

I dunno, I don’t think UVA is tied at the waist with the NC schools. I personally don’t think UVA would even hesitate to accept a B1G invite. Now UNC? I think it’s a much more complicated decision for them. If the B1G expands in a decade, it’s not like they would HAVE to take another ACC school if they added UVA; they could just as easily bring in KU with them. 

18 minutes ago, trvitmvnz said:

I hope the ACC stays intact. They need the blue bloods (FSU/Miami/VT) to wake the fck up 

I've always thought that Notre Dame would join the ACC to save it--it doesn't want to lose scheduling options and it definitely does not want to join the B1G.

7 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Big 10 isn’t taking you unless you add football money.  SEC gets first pick of ACC teams next decade anyway.  

Wow, you really are not the brightest bulb, are you? Did you hear this on East Coast SportsCenter?

How do you add "football money"? You get your games on more TV sets. And the best way to do that is to add a school with a large fan base in a market where you don't currently have a presence. This is the B1G, not the Big 12. Do you think anyone is going to want to watch Houston or UCF games on the TV once they have a couple down seasons? Of course not. People in those markets want to watch Florida or Texas. They might tune into UCF if they are having a good year, but as soon as you stop winning, those viewers will disappear. That's why the Big 12 will have a TV contract that pays closer to G5 money than P5 money. You're a collection of mediocre schools with mediocre fan bases who joined a conference together as an act of desperation. The B1G, on the other hand, knows that plenty of people will watch UVA and UNC even if they are having a down year. They are also major research universities with huge endowments and donor bases. Sooner or later they will have a good year, which will net even more money for the BTN.

And it's far from clear that UVA and UNC would choose the SEC over the B1G. The B1G's TV contract is currently worth more, so there's that. But I know the administration at UNC strongly favored joining the B1G for academic reasons. It might very well have happened if there hadn't been a huge backlash from donors and fans (and if ESPN hadn't agreed to a new TV contract that paid the ACC something closer to what the B1G is getting).

7 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

It’s impossible to hide hypocrisy forever, eventually it shines through.  

You realize that he was agreeing with me and disagreeing with you, right? Did you just quote a post and assumed that a future conference mate had your back? And for the record, no, I never said that the B1G was likely to raid the Big 12 any time soon. I'll give you $1,000 if you can find a post where I said that. You won't find it, because it doesn't exist. If the B1G wanted to raid the Big 12, they would have done it already. There is no one in the future Big 12 that would add any value whatsoever to the B1G.

11 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

I've always thought that Notre Dame would join the ACC to save it--it doesn't want to lose scheduling options and it definitely does not want to join the B1G.

Notre Dame would have about a gazillion scheduling options with or without the ACC.  

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

3 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

9 is even better.  4 home games and 4 road games, a perfect balance.

That works. Creates actual rivalries for all 9 teams, too.  Let's add New Mexico (easier flights, cooler location, and better food than other front range schools)

7 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I dunno, I don’t think UVA is tied at the waist with the NC schools. I personally don’t think UVA would even hesitate to accept a B1G invite. Now UNC? I think it’s a much more complicated decision for them. If the B1G expands in a decade, it’s not like they would HAVE to take another ACC school if they added UVA; they could just as easily bring in KU with them. 

In some ways they are, I mean Wake Forest, N. Carolina and Duke are closer but Virginia has moved into that group in a power like thing but does Virginia have any ties ACC that would let them stay? I don't think so but you never know anymore

7 hours ago, WAC_FAN said:

Well Notre Dame is a member of ACC in everything except football because they like the independent of football but have a scheduling agreement with ACC so I think in football they are as close to joining a conference as they are right now. 

But many moons ago, B10 thought they would be able to get Notre Dame to join the conference. 

23 hours ago, RSF said:

Wrong.

Florida State/Miami - SEC already has Florida.  B10 interest non-existent in Miami, lukewarm in FSU

GT - SEC already has Georgia, and GT would prefer B10

Clemson - SEC already has South Carolina, interest from B10

UNC/NCSt/Duke/WF - UNC would prefer B10, SEC NC State.  Nobody wants WF, B10 might have interest in Duke

UVa/VT - UVa prefers B10 (and its reciprocated), VT prefers SEC.

Pitt/Louisville/BC/Syr - nobody's answering the phone.

Clemson would take the $EC Money right now.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor