Jump to content
Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, aztech said:

None of those teams move the needle.  There's no way ESPN will compensate the AAC for those additions.  If anything, the media pie money per school will be smaller.  

But they got the Dallas-Ft. Worth, San Antonio, and Houston metro areas covered!  LOL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

There’s a typo in there.  You can even see it in the composites.  AAC is either 5 or 6 depending on source.  MWC is 7,8, or 9.  So something funny happened there.  

You might want to actually click on the link if you are going to be that obtuse.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, SpaceForced said:

Looks like some of the teams we wanted are applying to the AAC.  Looks like we waited toooo long.

HOW do you know we were not in contact?   From what I know about these Texas schools they tend to want to stick together.  Only TCU wanted to separate from that group to better new/build a brand.  The rest like a lot of other Texas schools around them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Billings said:

HOW do you know we were not in contact?   From what I know about these Texas schools they tend to want to stick together.  Only TCU wanted to separate from that group to better new/build a brand.  The rest like a lot of other Texas schools around them.

There probably was contact.  I don't like that the MWC got squeezed out of Texas by Aresco.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SpaceForced said:

There probably was contact.  I don't like that the MWC got squeezed out of Texas by Aresco.  

there is a group mentality to this though.     They do truly like to all stay together if they can.  No way we were inviting more than 2.   WAC went to 16 to keep a large group of Texas 2nd tier teams together.   Only TCU seemed to break out of that group.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Billings said:

there is a group mentality to this though.     They do truly like to all stay together if they can.  No way we were inviting more than 2.   WAC went to 16 to keep a large group of Texas 2nd tier teams together.   Only TCU seemed to break out of that group.

The Texas schools split when the SWC cratered.  Houston went to CUSA.  And when the WAC split TCU left Rice and SMU.  There really isnt much of a group mentality.  And the G5 schools today are split as well.  Its every school for themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So plan A for the AAC was the Remaining 8. They were laughed at, and ESPN embarrassed for trying to orchestrate it.  And it backfired spectacularly.

Plan B was raid the MWC - Boise, SDSU, Air Force and Colorado State. Response was lukewarm and rejected.

So Plan C is...gut CUSA. North Texas, Rice, UTSA, UAB, Florida Atlantic and Charlotte. Reeks of desperation.  Which is what it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

But they got the Dallas-Ft. Worth, San Antonio, and Houston metro areas covered!  LOL.

There are plenty on this board that promoted adding UTSA, UNT, and/or Rice.  Markets were usually the chief reason cited.  The folly of chasing TV markets isn't the exclusive province of Aresco.   

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...