Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

34 minutes ago, Reverend said:

@RSF why are you telling me to take a deep breathe? I told your mom the same thing right before she swallowed it. Cost $4.00.

Dude seriously, act your age

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Okay folks, I'm sold on North Texas and Texas State additions if we did expand. Holding out hope Tulsa shakes lose from the AAC if they lose Memphis and SMU, is Tulane too far? 

I guess in terms of facilities, those two would be the best (or least horrible) programs.  But neither of them really helps us. 

The only program that does help, IMO, is SMU and they want to stay in an eastern based conference.  IMO, the only chance we'd have is if we could offer them more money after the new media deal, expand to 16, and create an eastern pod or division. 

17 minutes ago, BSUFiend said:

Yeah he should as well. F him. The fact he breeds should piss people off. Just a useless piece of shit that is making more useless shit. It ends up on a beach in Orlando somewhere.

• OG R-Tard 1
1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I guess in terms of facilities, those two would be the best (or least horrible) programs.  But neither of them really helps us. 

The only program that does help, IMO, is SMU and they want to stay in an eastern based conference.  IMO, the only chance we'd have is if we could offer them more money after the new media deal, expand to 16, and create an eastern pod or division. 

You know who has really good facilities? UTEP. Plus they were working on the Sun Bowl but had to put it on hold.

12 hours ago, Headbutt said:

We were never even close to going to the AAC.  In fact, per an interview with our AD, it never got past the AD exploratory level.  There was never a request for an invitation nor an invitation.  Apparently never even hit the president level at all.  So much for the media.

There's no question that CSU looked into it, that happened.  However, there was no last minute backing out on an almost done deal by CSU.  It just never got that close.  If I can find the interview, I'll post it.

Ah. Social media. And two-bit BS websites that socks point to on these boards as “sources.”

13 minutes ago, Reverend said:

Yeah he should as well. F him. The fact he breeds should piss people off. Just a useless piece of shit that is making more useless shit. It ends up on a beach in Orlando somewhere.

Filter him and find your happy place..You are taking all this message board nonsense way way way too seriously..

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, BSUFiend said:

Unfortunately, I think he is....

14 minutes ago, Reverend said:

You know who has really good facilities? UTEP. Plus they were working on the Sun Bowl but had to put it on hold.

I like UTEP but they are kind  isolated, it really isn't getting into TX.  They are more like eastern New Mexico. 

If we do expand with a bloc of TX schools, they would likely be in the mix, IMO.  They are the 23rd most populous city in the USA.  

26 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Okay folks, I'm sold on North Texas and Texas State additions if we did expand. Holding out hope Tulsa shakes lose from the AAC if they lose Memphis and SMU, is Tulane too far? 

Why Tulsa?

10 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Let it go..You don't like the guy, fine..But this little feud is stupid as hell..

I have no opinion on him as a person.  Immature, but whatever.

And yes, it is stupid.  But when people post falsehoods, intentionally or unintentionally, if its wrong to call them on it, so be it.  I make no apologies.  If people are going to take it so personally and lash out so childishly, they need to look in the mirror.

It should be noted I do the same thing with Woosh.  I dont hear anybody complaining about that...quite the opposite, in fact.

I enjoy discussing the topic at hand, no matter the conference.  So I'm not going anywhere.  Have a nice day.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, RSF said:

I have no opinion on him as a person.  Immature, but whatever.

And yes, it is stupid.  But when people post falsehoods, intentionally or unintentionally, if its wrong to call them on it, so be it.  I make no apologies.  If people are going to take it so personally and lash out so childishly, they need to look in the mirror.

It should be noted I do the same thing with Woosh.  I dont hear anybody complaining about that...quite the opposite, in fact.

I enjoy discussing the topic at hand, no matter the conference.  So I'm not going anywhere.  Have a nice day.

I am not asking you to leave..I think your feud with Ibanez is stupid and I suspect you do too, but I think what you post in general is fine.  

Are we still dreaming of prying away some AAC schools? Do we have that kind of money to buy out their exit fees? What kind of TV deal do we have to lure anyone right now?  I think UNT and another C-USA school would jump right now because their conference is vulnerable, but do we want or need more mouths to feed? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
24 minutes ago, RSF said:

Why Tulsa?

Tulsa is between SMU and Memphis and the Texas schools we're looking at appeal wise. I expect them to maybe get pushed out of the AAC if the AAC lost the rest of their western teams and didn't look to replenish in Texas and Louisiana.

2 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Tulsa is between SMU and Memphis and the Texas schools we're looking at appeal wise. I expect them to maybe get pushed out of the AAC if the AAC lost the rest of their western teams and didn't look to replenish in Texas and Louisiana.

And I dont see the appeal of Tulsa.  At all.  They're lucky to be where they are.  And the AAC is certainly in no position to be pushing schools out at this point.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, RSF said:

And I dont see the appeal of Tulsa.  At all.  They're lucky to be where they are.  And the AAC is certainly in no position to be pushing schools out at this point.

I don't either.  Unless things change and SMU is looking to join the MW with some other programs, they don't really help us at all.

15 minutes ago, RSF said:

Same, I'm not sold on Tulsa.  I'd rather grab a Texas school with growth potential and mindset.

5 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Tulsa is the least appreciated entity in the aac.  I understand trying to shift the geography east but it would take more than just them to make meaningful inroads.

The least appreciated?  I may say ECU or Temple.  Maybe even USF.  Tulsa is pretty over-appreciated seeing as how they have not done much in OOC, don't have a big alumni base, and have outdated facilities and a market dominated by OU and OSU.  ECU controls east NC, USF is in fertile recruiting ground and has a large alumni base.  They just need to re-energize their fans.  Same with Temple, who has a pretty good basketball history.  Tulsa has none of those, but they are in the middle of the country, so I guess that is their enticing factor.