Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

8 minutes ago, mags said:

Lol. You mean like here in the conference realignment thread?  I think what you are trying to deny is the popularity and great football tradition of the NDSU Bison. It’s called officially “THE BISON LORE”.

If NDSU and the MWC wasn’t a big deal it wouldn’t be the big deal  it is. NDSU is the future.  It’s all about growth.   NDSU has now “grown” to become an FBS school.  I’m sure the Commissioner is fully aware NDSU is ready now and where they will be in ten years.  Picking up NDSU would be a very smart move. 

NDSU IS one of the most prominent and winningest college programs on the national stage now, that competitiveness isn’t going change.  most of you say you want successful football programs in the MWC so the choice is obvious.  NDSU is definitely on the very short list. 

the teams bandied about here are laughable blue origin to NDSUs Space X!  

Population of entire state of North Dakota is 760k.  That is not the future of FBS growth in the US.

17 minutes ago, mags said:

Lol. You mean like here in the conference realignment thread?  I think what you are trying to deny is the popularity and great football tradition of the NDSU Bison. It’s called officially “THE BISON LORE”.

If NDSU and the MWC wasn’t a big deal it wouldn’t be the big deal  it is. NDSU is the future.  It’s all about growth.   NDSU has now “grown” to become an FBS school.  I’m sure the Commissioner is fully aware NDSU is ready now and where they will be in ten years.  Picking up NDSU would be a very smart move. 

NDSU IS one of the most prominent and winningest college programs on the national stage now, that competitiveness isn’t going change.  most of you say you want successful football programs in the MWC so the choice is obvious.  NDSU is definitely on the very short list. 

the teams bandied about here are laughable blue origin to NDSUs Space X!  

If NDSU is such a big F'n deal, why do their fans have to come to our message board to pimp a program that makes no geographical sense? 

The AAC is desperate for warms bodies.  You, @tenbobnote, @lakesbison and the other trolls should go over to the AAC board and hump their legs for awhile. They would love the attention. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, uteAggie said:

AAC is offering a waiver for the entrance fees and would pay the exit fees from their P3 schools that just moved up to the B12 at $20 million a pop to exit.  So it wouldn't cost them a dime right off the bat.  BUUUUUT increased travel costs on the other hand... and when that AAC TV deal gets reworked, it won't look as good as it does now, that's for damn sure. 

Hadn't heard that the exit fees from the MWC are paid for by Aresco's league.  I still think AF is gone because of Navy and they have the money and planes to pay for travel.  CSU makes no sense given they'd be lap dogs in both big sports in that league and their AD is bleeding $.   The caveat being they know the MWC is doomed and soon.

5 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Hadn't heard that the exit fees from the MWC are paid for by Aresco's league.  I still think AF is gone because of Navy and they have the money and planes to pay for travel.  CSU makes no sense given they'd be lap dogs in both big sports in that league and their AD is bleeding $.   The caveat being they know the MWC is doomed and soon.

I thought the Falcons fly commercial, just like everyone else.

None of this matters. Ultimately there will be a contraction, not an expansion of autonomous teams. A new top tier of "College Football" that even some current P5's will be left out of. My guess would be that almost the entirety of what's left of the BIG12 will be left out, that is why OUT happened. Some teams in the PAC have to be feeling it, certainly a couple in the B1G, ACC... Hell, even the SEC (looking at you Vanderbilt).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Texas11 said:

What do you guys think of an eastern MWC wing?

UTEP, UNT, UTSA, Rice, LaTech

These are my favorite street tacos. I get them at Tacos El Gordo in Chula Vista.   What does everyone think?  Post your favorite Mexican dish.

tacos_el_gordo.0.jpg

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

These are my favorite street tacos. I get them at Tacos El Gordo in Chula Vista.   What does everyone think?  Post your favorite Mexican dish.

tacos_el_gordo.0.jpg

I'm all about the basic carne asada street taco.

TIFrfeO.jpg?1

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

If I posted pics of my favorite kind of taco, I'd be banned forever.

This kind?  You're good

image.png.05fb7e1d195c8e45520739193f0aea36.png

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, roughrider said:

If anything the AAC is doomed, the MWC is in a much stronger position.

7 hours ago, robe said:

Long Beach had a few top 15 teams, I think they played in a couple major bowls as well. Pacific was pretty good. They were both better programs than BYU until Edwards came along. 

The border conference had Hardin Simmons who had some rank teams and a major bowl or 2. Missouri valley had some teams 1/2 moved on to major conference or the AAC. 

LBSU had George Allen as their coach for a bit as well. Pacific wasn't bad, when we finally joined the Big West they were kind of a middle team, but a lot of it is based on money and such. Only Fullerton has made some noise about starting their football program again but I don't think they had wide support for it

7 hours ago, robe said:

Tulane left the SEC to play a national schedule. Idaho left the PAC. 

Not sure who made the biggest mistake. 

Goergia Tech left the SEC too. Not sure why they did. 

Well for Idaho and the old Pac 8 there were some other issues going on as well and part of it I think was because of trying to make conferences more regional and schools wanted more regional games. 

6 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

LBSU had George Allen as their coach for a bit as well. Pacific wasn't bad, when we finally joined the Big West they were kind of a middle team, but a lot of it is based on money and such. Only Fullerton has made some noise about starting their football program again but I don't think they had wide support for it

The system can't support two CSUF football programs.

• Haha 1

Over on the AAC board, a poster says his sources tell him the AAC takes a 20% media contract cut if CSU and AFA do not join.

Those two are the conference's best play right now.

As I said earlier today, if AFA and CSU do not realize how much the AAC needs them and try to cut a sweetheart deal then they do not know how to negotiate.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

I wonder if CSU is really having second thoughts about leaving.

I was just going to say, that makes it sound as AFA and CSU not as sure bets as people are saying especially CSU

12 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

LBSU had Terrell Davis right when they shut down the program.  Off to UGA, and to a short-but-HOF NFL career.

• Like 1