Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

7 hours ago, robe said:

Tulane left the SEC to play a national schedule. Idaho left the PAC. 

Not sure who made the biggest mistake. 

Goergia Tech left the SEC too. Not sure why they did. 

Well for Idaho and the old Pac 8 there were some other issues going on as well and part of it I think was because of trying to make conferences more regional and schools wanted more regional games. 

6 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

LBSU had George Allen as their coach for a bit as well. Pacific wasn't bad, when we finally joined the Big West they were kind of a middle team, but a lot of it is based on money and such. Only Fullerton has made some noise about starting their football program again but I don't think they had wide support for it

The system can't support two CSUF football programs.

• Haha 1

Over on the AAC board, a poster says his sources tell him the AAC takes a 20% media contract cut if CSU and AFA do not join.

Those two are the conference's best play right now.

As I said earlier today, if AFA and CSU do not realize how much the AAC needs them and try to cut a sweetheart deal then they do not know how to negotiate.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

LBSU had George Allen as their coach for a bit as well. Pacific wasn't bad, when we finally joined the Big West they were kind of a middle team, but a lot of it is based on money and such. Only Fullerton has made some noise about starting their football program again but I don't think they had wide support for it

LBSU had Terrell Davis right when they shut down the program.  Off to UGA, and to a short-but-HOF NFL career.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Mine around these parts.F0EBD4E6-CDCB-4113-B717-E481BDCA4A2C.jpeg.c05c2c59d2117b11a09c673718cbc0d6.jpeg

Those look delicious

• Like 2

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

This kind?  You're good

image.png.05fb7e1d195c8e45520739193f0aea36.png

Proof of our superior American culture.  The best Mexico can do is a five layer burrito.  Taco Bell does SEVEN.

God Bless America!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

16 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Proof of our superior American culture.  The best Mexico can do is a five layer burrito.  Taco Bell does SEVEN.

God Bless America!

Yea but then you are in the bathroom for hours after the burrito. But I guess if someone needs a good clean out, Taco Bell is the place to go

3 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

LBSU had Terrell Davis right when they shut down the program.  Off to UGA, and to a short-but-HOF NFL career.

San Diego Lincoln High- Same high school as Marcus Allen

• Like 1

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

8 hours ago, BoiseStateOfMind said:

8 hours ago, uteAggie said:

Was there ever any doubt? 

RedditCFB

@RedditCFB

·

8h

Sources: Vanderbilt and Mississippi State informed the SEC today that they intend to stay in the conference.

8 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

You and @Bizon sure love your team, and I do appreciate your enthusiasm. Keep on pimping them on this board and to the MW Home office. They obviously bring more FB value to the League than NMSU/UTEP.  

Even if AF/CS leave, those within the league believe they are stronger with 10.

Now, if Boise/SDSU leave, you guys have a fighting chance to get in.

I appreciate your input here. 

Coastie Award nominees right here.

6 hours ago, Texas11 said:

What do you guys think of an eastern MWC wing?

UTEP, UNT, UTSA, Rice, LaTech

Not much, but beggars can't be choosers.

6 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

Hopefully they can expedite the removal of Hair and they stay.  

👍

6 hours ago, mags said:

Lol. You mean like here in the conference realignment thread?  I think what you are trying to deny is the popularity and great football tradition of the NDSU Bison. It’s called officially “THE BISON LORE”.

If NDSU and the MWC wasn’t a big deal it wouldn’t be the big deal  it is. NDSU is the future.  It’s all about growth.   NDSU has now “grown” to become an FBS school.  I’m sure the Commissioner is fully aware NDSU is ready now and where they will be in ten years.  Picking up NDSU would be a very smart move. 

NDSU IS one of the most prominent and winningest college programs on the national stage now, that competitiveness isn’t going change.  most of you say you want successful football programs in the MWC so the choice is obvious.  NDSU is definitely on the very short list. 

the teams bandied about here are laughable blue origin to NDSUs Space X!  

NDSU fans sound like vegans talking about their diet, or like a stoned adolescent who just discovered the Grateful Dead.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Probably Washington and Stanford as well. Then and only then do the PAC remnants cast a net over the MW for the better programs.

Yes, SDSU and Fresno would be nice fits even as CSU/ R2 schools. Nevada and Boise as travel partners. Some have argued for UNLV because of it's market and soon to be R1 status. 

Sadly, the MW becomes the WAC 3.0. They will be forced to invite NMSU/UTEP, NDSU and some other FCS wannabes, just to survive.

So what your saying is, if the Hawaii Athletic Program gets their shit together there’s a possibility for a Pac invite if these schools bolt. Probably the best research school in the MWC. Bigger TV market than UNR and maybe Fresno, and we can tap into the pacific and Asia. 

• Like 1