Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

1 hour ago, jewelz4562000 said:

Getting bored. Need something to happen. We are on like 55 pages of arguing over North Dakota State and Montana now.

A presence in North Dakota would be worth the MWC's time, just for this.

"Squirrel stores thousands of nuts inside man's parked truck."

https://local12.com/news/offbeat/squirrel-stores-thousands-of-nuts-inside-mans-parked-truck-north-dakota-storage-bill-fischer-engine-compartment-black-walnuts-cleanup-gallons-chevy-avalanche

• Like 1

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

"particularly Boise State, which is considered by analysts the most valuable television property not currently in a Power Five league." 

https://autos.yahoo.com/autos/top-bottom-conference-realignment-gripping-100149648.html

@Did I hear a WOOSH?@Jack Bauer 

Weird they did not mention Memphis huh....

Props to @bsu_alum9 for the find.

Et tu, @Did I hear a WOOSH??

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Funny enough that kid was allegedly a complete bad ass.  There was a rumor he beat up two guys at once in a bathroom or something for making fun of him.

I wouldn’t mess with someone dressed up like that in a public bathroom on any non-Halloween day.  That’s just asking for an ass whoopin’.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

I wonder if CSU is really having second thoughts about leaving.

Doesn't it cost them $12M to leave the MWC?

And they're up to their eyeballs in stadium debt that 'fans' aren't coming to pay for....

This may just be a money thing.   AF has our taxes and no debt....

• Like 2

I got a feeling AF and CSU are going to stay in the MWC, I understand they want to get ahead of the MWC before the big 12 poaches some schools but even the AAC is not safe either with Memphis possibly leaving next, why would they leave?

according to this article the MWC is better than the AAC this year and that's still with Cincinnati, UCF and Houston still in the conference, just shows how bad half of the AAC is.

https://www.si.com/college/2021/09/27/ranking-fbs-football-conferences-big-ten-sec

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Doesn't it cost them $12M to leave the MWC?

And they're up to their eyeballs in stadium debt that 'fans' aren't coming to pay for....

This may just be a money thing.   AF has our taxes and no debt....

AAC is offering a waiver for the entrance fees and would pay the exit fees from their P3 schools that just moved up to the B12 at $20 million a pop to exit.  So it wouldn't cost them a dime right off the bat.  BUUUUUT increased travel costs on the other hand... and when that AAC TV deal gets reworked, it won't look as good as it does now, that's for damn sure. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BSUFiend said:

All things considered, I wouldn't mind Montana and NDSU joining. But I'm also tired of every thread being hijacked by their fans.

Lol. You mean like here in the conference realignment thread?  I think what you are trying to deny is the popularity and great football tradition of the NDSU Bison. It’s called officially “THE BISON LORE”.

If NDSU and the MWC wasn’t a big deal it wouldn’t be the big deal  it is. NDSU is the future.  It’s all about growth.   NDSU has now “grown” to become an FBS school.  I’m sure the Commissioner is fully aware NDSU is ready now and where they will be in ten years.  Picking up NDSU would be a very smart move. 

NDSU IS one of the most prominent and winningest college programs on the national stage now, that competitiveness isn’t going change.  most of you say you want successful football programs in the MWC so the choice is obvious.  NDSU is definitely on the very short list. 

the teams bandied about here are laughable blue origin to NDSUs Space X!  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Where you at, @Did I hear a WOOSH?We've got some discussing to happen here. Let's see all your  objective "evidence" about Memphis bball.

Yes, @Did I hear a WOOSH? according to the article the consensus is that Boise State is a more valuable T.V. product than any AAC team, including UCF.

Thoughts?