Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

1 hour ago, Bob said:

And this is sad sad reality of college sports. Money is the ONLY factor anymore. Geography and tradition mean shit.

It is making it harder and harder to stay involved as a fan.  I keep finding other stuff to do on Saturdays as life gets busier.  Check the scores at the end of the day. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tenbobnote said:

The brand is bigger than Fargo.

1134844493_ScreenShot2021-09-30at11_33_48AM.png.1457d17f8d84943f9fe720800a34672b.png
746845867_ScreenShot2021-09-30at11_32_59AM.png.48fdf8d1fb53fc563e6f64146eb329fd.png

3 minutes ago, tenbobnote said:

1134844493_ScreenShot2021-09-30at11_33_48AM.png.1457d17f8d84943f9fe720800a34672b.png
746845867_ScreenShot2021-09-30at11_32_59AM.png.48fdf8d1fb53fc563e6f64146eb329fd.png

Yeah, you probably have a few fans in Bismarck too. 

ND is perfect for FCS football.  Be happy with what you have. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Yeah, you probably have a few fans in Bismarck too. 

ND is perfect for FCS football.  Be happy with what you have. 

The truth is staring you down the face! NDSU is 3x more popular than Nevada. Embrace it! It would make the league stronger. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, tenbobnote said:

The truth is staring you down the face! NDSU is 3x more popular than Nevada. Embrace it! It would make the league stronger. 

i think that ten bob notes up yer nose...lol

crack is wack...lol

20 minutes ago, tenbobnote said:

Only because you have the gimmick of being the "Alabama of the FCS" right now while Nevada hasn't been nationally relevant since Kaepernick. Let's see what the brand looks like when you move up to FBS and recruits don't want to come to Fargo, you start going 3-9 instead of 16-0, P5 programs are less inclined to schedule you, etc. Winning at the FBS level, especially as a G5 program in the west, is way harder than the FCS.

0mK6pGK.png

5 minutes ago, tenbobnote said:

Stronger at what, cow pie Frisbee?

One major difference between NV football and Bison football, is people outside of flyover country have actually heard of Nevada. 

BTW- Basketball matters in this conference too.  Please start touting Bison hoops too.  I want to hear how a program that barely draws 3000 fans is going to improve our league.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

17 minutes ago, BoiseStateOfMind said:

Only because you have the gimmick of being the "Alabama of the FCS" right now while Nevada hasn't been nationally relevant since Kaepernick. Let's see what the brand looks like when you move up to FBS and recruits don't want to come to Fargo, you start going 3-9 instead of 16-0, P5 programs are less inclined to schedule you, etc. Winning at the FBS level, especially as a G5 program in the west, is way harder than the FCS.

I’m just here for the show but to correct you on one point. There is almost no way the P5 would schedule NDSU less as an FBS member than they do now as an FCS member. Carry on.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BoiseStateOfMind said:

Thanks BSU and SDSU for officially telling the AAC what you think of them.

While of course either will leave for a P5 invite, it does send a message to the rest of the MWC that they are here for a few more years. AFA and CSU might want to look closer at passing on an AAC move now.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Thanks BSU and SDSU for officially telling the AAC what you think of them.

While of course either will leave for a P5 invite, it does send a message to the rest of the MWC that they are here for a few more years. AFA and CSU might want to look closer at passing on an AAC move now.

Yep, I think that's the message being sent here, a simple shot across the bow of the AAC 

31 minutes ago, tenbobnote said:

You and @Bizon sure love your team, and I do appreciate your enthusiasm. Keep on pimping them on this board and to the MW Home office. They obviously bring more FB value to the League than NMSU/UTEP.  

Even if AF/CS leave, those within the league believe they are stronger with 10.

Now, if Boise/SDSU leave, you guys have a fighting chance to get in.

I appreciate your input here. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

14 minutes ago, Bizon said:

People are searching for NDSU twice as much as 75% of the MWC across the country and y’all act like no one is Interested. 

20 people is twice as much as 10.   Thought I'd point that out.

And a search doesnt indicate a fan.  I could do a search for the Rocket City Trash Pandas.  Doesnt make me a fan.

Other than that....

• Like 1

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

20 minutes ago, BoiseStateOfMind said:

Right where we belong.

Sans a PAC invite.

We are an Island for the New12. Even with the tv money. I can't see it working in yet another coast to coast Conference.

• Like 4

Americans Mayor

"particularly Boise State, which is considered by analysts the most valuable television property not currently in a Power Five league." 

https://autos.yahoo.com/autos/top-bottom-conference-realignment-gripping-100149648.html

@Did I hear a WOOSH?@Jack Bauer 

Weird they did not mention Memphis huh....

Props to @bsu_alum9 for the find.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Right where we belong.

Sans a PAC invite.

We are an Island for the New12. Even with the tv money. I can't see it working in yet another coast to coast Conference.

I think a PAC invite for SDSU and maybe even Fresno is inevitable.  I think there will be a day when USC joins an SEC type of super conference, along with Oregon and a few more.   

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

"particularly Boise State, which is considered by analysts the most valuable television property not currently in a Power Five league." 

https://autos.yahoo.com/autos/top-bottom-conference-realignment-gripping-100149648.html

@Did I hear a WOOSH?@Jack Bauer 

Weird they did not mention Memphis huh....

Props to @bsu_alum9 for the find.

Great article and the most accurate analysis of the upheaval and future movement I have seen.

• Like 1

Americans Mayor