Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

7 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

McMurphy.  Lol.  His reputation speaks for itself.  Just follow his career path and you’ll see yourself out.  

You believe the AAC chose CSU and AF over SDSU and Boise? 

• Cheers 1

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

His reputation is as good as it gets in the business wtf are you talking about.  Nolander is highly respected as well.

Both said the same thing.  Boise and SDSU told the AAC to +++++ off.

No.  Thanks for clearing it up, you are the dumbass who knows nothing and the aac isn’t breaking bylaws for the likes of bsu.

31 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

And yours is filled with medication I suspect. 

He needs his prescriptions changed.  They're not working.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

The PAC is secure.

The PAC is secure in that it will not lose more than 4 or 5 schools in the next 10 years. And if the PAC does lose 4 or 5 it will have schools in the MWC which it could take easily.  Is that what you mean by secure?

• Like 1

Just now, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

No.  That’s completely unrelated to the comment I made.  It’s like someone saying that they don’t like to drink tea and you suggest that they’re against plants.  

I'm not getting involved in the back and forth. I'm not talking about the comments you made before. I'm just asking, how do you think it all went down?

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

4 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

No.  Thanks for clearing it up, you are the dumbass who knows nothing and the aac isn’t breaking bylaws for the likes of bsu.

AAC would eat Boise president Tromp's ass out for a a phone call at this point.

National media is running with the story that the AAC was laughed at by both SDSU and Boise....How embarrassing.  They had to settle for a conference bottom dweller like CSU.

And yeah no, it would not be illegal or a breach of contract for the AAC to reach out and gauge interest from other conference member where the +++++ did you hear that from?  We do not share media partners you insane idiot.    

The reason the Big 12 made a stink is because ESPN and the Big 12 were contracted partners so it would violate their contract with ESPN.

There is nothing to stop the AAC from approaching a MWC team, as we are not contracted with your media partner.  And every indication is that you did and got  laughed out of the room by the two premier properties in the MWC.  

2 minutes ago, 1066 said:

The PAC is secure in that it will not lose more than 4 or 5 schools in the next 10 years. And if the PAC does lose 4 or 5 it will have schools in the MWC which it could take easily.  Is that what you mean by secure?

By secure, I mean they have no reason to expand and no other conference is going to poach any of their schools. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

The only 'secure' conferences are the Big 10 and SEC.  The others are not, in varying degrees.  It was true before OUT, and remains the case.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

AAC would eat Boise president Tromp's ass out for a a phone call at this point.

National media is running with the story that the AAC was laughed at by both SDSU and Boise....How embarrassing.  They had to settle for a conference bottom dweller like CSU.

And yeah no, it would not be illegal or a breach of contract for the AAC to reach out and gauge interest from other conference member where the +++++ did you hear that from?  We do not share media partners you insane idiot.    

That's a bit harsh.  He's not insane.  He's just a bit more vocal than the usual deluded, moron.  He's also understandably tense now that his conference has been reduced to being roughly on par with Conf USA.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

That's a bit harsh.  He's not insane.  He's just a bit more vocal than the usual deluded, moron.  He's also understandably tense now that his conference has been reduced to being roughly on par with Conf USA.

He is insane.  He conflated the contractual nuances of approaching teams with shared media partners at the behest of said partner with approaching teams that do not have a shared partner.

There is nothing that would legally stop the AAC from reaching out to MWC teams, or ESPN from telling the AAC to do so.  We are not in contract with ESPN and the NCAA has no such bylaws.

@Did I hear a WOOSH? is an idiot in over his head in these conversations.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Dirtball said:

I'm not getting involved in the back and forth. I'm not talking about the comments you made before. I'm just asking, how do you think it all went down?

All four schools you mentioned all have to (and ultimately did) contact the aac to show interest.  It just is.  Whether things were determined to be a fit for both parties is a separate topic but for the purposes of this particular discussion those schools initiated things, not the aac.  Anything you hear to the contrary is not logical or legal.  I don’t care whom the aac decides to add but they, by nature of existing bylaws, must only consider or even converse with those who initiate dialogue.  

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

All four schools you mentioned all have to (and ultimately did) contact the aac to show interest.  It just is.  Whether things were determined to be a fit for both parties is a separate topic but for the purposes of this particular discussion those schools initiated things, not the aac.  Anything you hear to the contrary is not logical or legal.  I don’t care whom the aac decides to add but they, by nature of existing bylaws, must only consider or even converse with those who initiate dialogue.  

Wrong.  

The AAC was 100% legally free to contact any MWC school they want.  We do not share media partners and there is no NCAA rule that does not allow it.

National media is all saying the same thing.  The AAC wanted Boise and SDSU first and foremost and were told to sit on a cactus.

Do you even know what a +++++ing bylaw is you monkey?  What bylaw?  Their is no NCAA bylaw that says a conference can not reach out to a member of another NCAA conference about joining theirs. As we do not share media partners there is no legal issue at play.  Period.  You are seriously feggen dumb

The national media is right.  You are wrong.  Dumbass.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He is insane.  He conflated the contractual nuances of approaching teams with shared media partners at the behest of said partner with approaching teams that do not have a shared partner.

There is nothing that would legally stop the AAC from reaching out to MWC teams, or ESPN from telling the AAC to do so.  We are not in contract with ESPN and the NCAA has no such bylaws.

@Did I hear a WOOSH? is an idiot in over his head in these conversations.  

Or a back channel.  This is how it is usually done.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Still waiting on all that evidence you have showing us the big time value of Memphis bball. NIT is big time.

• Like 1

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg