Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

1 minute ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

The people of substance that post here have never called me any names.  It’s basically the bottom of the barrel types like you, rsf, Ibanez, halfbroncoguy…that’s the company you’re keeping.

Wait....

People of substance post here?

That wasnt on the application...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

4 minutes ago, Aztec1984 said:

No, Wicker said we would not go to the AAC for football only. That is when they had Houston, Cincy and UCF. Moving now to the AAC is a significant step down. I can see AF but for CSU it makes no sense unless they feel BSU and SDSU will be part of the B12 expansion when UT and OU leaves.

Wicker said you weren't going to the AAC as a full member either

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aztec1984 said:

To be honest, the B12 ceases to be a "power conference" when UT and OU leave, despite on who they backfill with. They will, however, clearly be the 5th conference.

Reminds me of the old WAC...it was a real good conference, but it was never the PAC.

23 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Who is angry here?  You weren't even involved in the conversation.

You are fooling yourself if you think after losing the top of the conference, you're not going to lose any money. 

Your conference is reduced to Memphis and a bunch of nobodies. 

Those are the facts.  Sorry if you don't like them.

And you weren’t involved in my conversation until you inserted yourself into the conversation  HYPOCRITE 

5 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

If that's the case, then I feel pretty good about the company I keep. We've all been here for a lot longer than you, and those guys are all good dudes.

You on the other hand, are a complete and total clown show in the manner in which you interact and condescend with posters here. 

I'm glad you already know everything, because you would be someone who is difficult to teach.

I think the fact that both Ibanez and Woosh dont like me is conclusive proof that I am doing domething right.

It's science.

So anyways...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

13 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

No just saying IF the rumor is true MWC is looking for basketball schools to expand, Arlington could be one to look at.

We already play too many conference games. Losing some won't hurt us at all. AF was never a good BB program and CSU was up and down. If UNLV and UNM can get back to form this could become a good BB conference again. SJSU hired Miles so if he didn't go there to retire he could add to the conference.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Here is a fun fact.  Boise state has spent over 3 times as much time ranked in the top 25 as has UCF, despite joining D1A/FBS a year later.  UCF only has 5 bowl wins in their schools history.  Boise is a better program and brand.  UCF luckier with location.

I mean, Boise has accomplished more in 20+ years of being FBS than like 80% of schools. Yet somehow their brand is worth less than Memphis bball, according some clown here, who hasn't been to the NCAA tourney for nearly a decade.

B12 is super excited about the big money that Memphis bball will bring in from the NIT

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super-Mega Idiot 1

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

This whole move by the AAC to try and make a grab or target MWC schools is a play on public perception. When you are the entity "adding to" you can posture that you are higher in the pecking order. No one in their right mind would argue that the current AAC is better than the MWC but if they can get a couple of teams to join them they can continue with the P6 narrative that they have tried to sell everyone for years.

This certainly is not about $$. If losing AFA and CSU does not affect the current TV deal for the MWC, it is safe to assume that they don't add any value to the AAC TV deal. It will do nothing to offset the losses of their top teams and from a competitive standpoint it actually strengthens the MWC. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

If that's the case, then I feel pretty good about the company I keep. We've all been here for a lot longer than you, and those guys are all good dudes.

You on the other hand, are a complete and total clown show in the manner in which you interact and condescend with posters here. 

I'm glad you already know everything, because you would be someone who is difficult to teach.

They are the worst posters on this board.  

• Facepalm 1

AAC fans are acting like they just checkmated the MWC. lol

• Haha 5

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

3 minutes ago, Aztec1984 said:

We already play too many conference games. Losing some won't hurt us at all. AF was never a good BB program and CSU was up and down. If UNLV and UNM can get back to form this could become a good BB conference again. SJSU hired Miles so if he didn't go there to retire he could add to the conference.

IF AFA and CSU go, I say just stay where we are as a conference. was just speculating, again if true, that MWC was looking at basketball schools when they expand who the could possibly look at. Rice and UTEP won't do much for the conference either,

1 minute ago, TrueAg said:

This whole move by the AAC to try and make a grab or target MWC schools is a play on public perception. When you are the entity "adding to" you can posture that you are higher in the pecking order. No one in their right mind would argue that the current AAC is better than the MWC but if they can get a couple of teams to join them they can continue with the P6 narrative that they have tried to sell everyone for years.

This certainly is not about $$. If losing AFA and CSU does not affect the current TV deal for the MWC, it is safe to assume that they don't add any value to the AAC TV deal. It will do nothing to offset the losses of their top teams and from a competitive standpoint it actually strengthens the MWC. 

It’s going to affect the media deal.

1 minute ago, Jack Bauer said:

I mean, Boise has accomplished more in 20+ years of being FBS than like 80% of schools. Yet somehow their brand is worth less than Memphis bball, according some clown here, who hasn't been to the NCAA tourney for nearly a decade.

B12 is super excited about the big money that Memphis bball will bring in from the NIT

Yeah, it's not rocket surgery.  Especially when you factor in basketball is only worth about 20% of what football is to media partners lol.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Reminds me of the old WAC...it was a real good conference, but it was never the PAC.

Well, the B12 was a power conference with Texas and Oklahoma, though the 5th of the five. Now I'd say the PAC is the weakest of the P5. The SEC is first, the BIG second. I really do think the BIG will take some PAC teams with Oregon, Washington, USC and one other, perhaps Colorado. After that happens, all hell breaks loose out west.

2 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

AFA is the perfect team to lose. Very little value, poor performance in all sports, marginal in football. 

CSU is a worse loss, but unless you can convince them to take UNM, it's not that big of a deal.

• Haha 1
  • Super-Mega Idiot 1

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg