Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

Just now, UNLVFan90 said:

I’m sure ESPN is salivating at the thought of the matchups of Colorado State-Temple and Air Force-East Carolina. Dumb.

They are for filler purposes, just as the MW was when we were with them.  Boise misses being on ESPN 

5 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

No, whatever makes you feel better..You are the one coming to another board to troll..

Not really.  Been here since long before Nevada was.  I just never left.  I happen to like posting here.  Sorry that gets your panties in a twist.

Actually, I'm not sorry.  Dont like it, there's an ignore feature, Karen.

Ibanez likes making claims then backing them up with links that dont support it (the dumb jackass likes to ignore that I would LIKE Boise in the B12, even if there's no evidence such a move is coming).  WOOSH like to make unsupported claims.  I like busting them both.  It's a hobby....

• Like 1

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

32 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

One more time. Six teams got voted yes for a Big 12 invite UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, BYU, Memphis, And Boise State.

Colorado State was a no. USF, Tulane, and SMU was keep working on it and no one else was seriously considered.

BSU and Memphis were not part of the first group selected but will be in the conference. I have posted multiple links on this. Not my fault you all refused to believe them. Then again, I told you all this was gonna happen before it was even a story and you didn't believe that either so.....

Boise State is gone. North Dakota State isn't getting an invite if three teams go with Boise State. San Diego State will be on a P5 conference withen three years as well.

And Hair if you want but the main problem is location and the fans and administration themselves. New Mexico, UNLV, Nevada, San Jose State......none of those teams had any kind of attendence and none of these teams did anything to improve your situation. Well, UNLV his behind their big brother. The AD's and Presidents of this conference has caused this mess. It's a shame, Fresno State is competitive and Utah State and Wyoming has built great facilities and invested. 

Most likely outcome is the MWC will end up with UTEP, Rice, North Texas, and New Mexico State. Boise State and SDSU have an open invitation to the AAC which they will take if for some reason they don't move to the Big 12 or PAC-12. And yes, the PAC-12 is probably losing at least two teams. 

Boise and Memphis didn’t even make it to the second round of discussion.  If by ‘yes’ you mean they were brought up then sure, but Boise isn’t going to the Big12 or any power conference until they become something other than a one trick pony(mediocre football).  Memphis basketball is worth more than their entire school and they didn’t even get in.  I’m not trying to be rude but you are completely delusional.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Just a chicken shit way of saying, "I've got nothing.  I was just trolling."

Triggered much “bro” or “bra” or whatever.  I don’t owe you an explanation.  It’s amazing how some of you who want to jump down people’s throats when they don’t agree with your assessments on where everyone is headed in this crazy world of college football.  It is an OPINION.  None of us know exactly what’s going to happen but I can tell you that I’m pretty sure “he” doesn’t need “you” coming to his defense imitation aide.  Don’t like it I don’t care b. 

2 hours ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

Probably.  And thinking that in the meantime they can continue building their resume by dominating the MWC.  Can't say they're wrong until someone else in the MWC is able to start beating them consistently.

It might not qualify as consistently but SDSU is 3-3 against Boise since the Broncos joined this mess.

In my view, the only thing Boise now has going for it over SDSU is how much more interesting their offense is to watch. Hank B. is a damn good QB whereas once again this year SDSU's two QBs are garbage.

They say patience is a virtue but eff that. When it comes to SDSU throwing the ball, mine has worn paper thin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWC Tex said:

They are for filler purposes, just as the MW was when we were with them.  Boise misses being on ESPN 

No kidding, we may all miss it soon enough, rare as it was. Looking at the Fox rankings so far this year the MW has not done great.

1 minute ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Boise and Memphis didn’t even make it to the second round of discussion.  If by ‘yes’ you mean they were brought up then sure, but Boise isn’t going to the Big12 or any power conference until they become something other than a one trick pony.  Memphis basketball is worth more than their entire school and they didn’t even get in.  I’m not trying to be rude but you are completely delusional.

I know Memphis was hot shit and they've been recruiting well, but wasn't their last trip to the NCAAT like 2014-2015?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, tenbobnote said:

Right now it's getting more common to hear that boosters are just giving away their season tickets until they join FBS. They're losing interest in the lack of competition and interest from other teams in the conference. Plus no FBS team will schedule us around here anymore which was a HUGE draw. 

Sounds big time.

34 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Bowlsby specifically said the Big12 utilized their research from 2016 to move quickly on expansion.  It is public domain.  You are wrong

There’s definitely been leaks, you just haven’t liked them or want to believe them.  You are wrong. 

Big12 physically doesn’t have as many options as the aac as their criteria is more selective.  If you don’t understand that then I can’t help you.  Just look at the number of teams mentioned as possibilities for the aac, it’s in the double digits.  The Big12 list was mainly set from the beginning, mainly due to paragraph one.  You….well, you get it by now.

Try again?

I actually mostly agree with @Did I hear a WOOSH?.  The B12 has/had much more selective criteria for its expansion candidates than the AAC does for its candidates.  The AAC could invite just about any team from CUSA or the Sun Belt or even the MAC or MW (though obviously, not all teams in those conferences would accept an invite) - it's a much larger pool for them to vet.

2 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Boise and Memphis didn’t even make it to the second round of discussion.  If by ‘yes’ you mean they were brought up then sure, but Boise isn’t going to the Big12 or any power conference until they become something other than a one trick pony(mediocre football).  Memphis basketball is worth more than their entire school and they didn’t even get in.  I’m not trying to be rude but you are completely delusional.

Football drives the bus.

Go say it in the mirror.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Just now, 71Falcons said:

Triggered much “bro” or “bra” or whatever.  I don’t owe you an explanation.  It’s amazing how some of you who want to jump down people’s throats when they don’t agree with your assessments on where everyone is headed in this crazy world of college football.  It is an OPINION.  None of us know exactly what’s going to happen but I can tell you that I’m pretty sure “he” doesn’t need “you” coming to his defense imitation aide.  Don’t like it I don’t care b. 

Dude, Wyobraska asked how the AAC is the "best of the rest." 

We all get it that you're either just trolling or you're an idiot.  We were politely giving you the benefit of the doubt and thought perhaps you had a point to make or even had a clue. 

Your non-answers tell us all we need to know.

• Like 4

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

2 minutes ago, RSF said:

Not really.  Been here since long before Nevada was.  I just never left.  I happen to like posting here.  Sorry that gets your panties in a twist.

Panties in a twist?  This is 2021 you sexist pig..Do you think women are somewhat inferior to yourself..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I'm one of those guys who also doubts that adding a TX school does much to "open up recruiting."  

IMO, it's the number of games on TV that matters the most. 

UTSA, Rice, UTEP and the rest are in low mid major conferences because they are low mid major programs.  IMO, we are better off remaining at ten (if the rumors are true, which I doubt) than adding bottom feeders.  

Rice wanted out of MWC I don't see them wanting to come back. UTEP left MWC and I think they may have second thoughts. But like I said IF they are looking at basketball schools to join, I think Arlington could be a team to target

• Cheers 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, wolfpack1 said:

Rice wanted out of MWC I don't see them wanting to come back. UTEP left MWC and I think they may have second thoughts. But like I said IF they are looking at basketball schools to join, I think Arlington could be a team to target

Rice and UTEP we're never in the MW. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

One more time. Six teams got voted yes for a Big 12 invite UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, BYU, Memphis, And Boise State.

Colorado State was a no. USF, Tulane, and SMU was keep working on it and no one else was seriously considered.

BSU and Memphis were not part of the first group selected but will be in the conference. I have posted multiple links on this. Not my fault you all refused to believe them. Then again, I told you all this was gonna happen before it was even a story and you didn't believe that either so.....

Boise State is gone. North Dakota State isn't getting an invite if three teams go with Boise State. San Diego State will be on a P5 conference withen three years as well.

And Hair if you want but the main problem is location and the fans and administration themselves. New Mexico, UNLV, Nevada, San Jose State......none of those teams had any kind of attendence and none of these teams did anything to improve your situation. Well, UNLV his behind their big brother. The AD's and Presidents of this conference has caused this mess. It's a shame, Fresno State is competitive and Utah State and Wyoming has built great facilities and invested. 

Most likely outcome is the MWC will end up with UTEP, Rice, North Texas, and New Mexico State. Boise State and SDSU have an open invitation to the AAC which they will take if for some reason they don't move to the Big 12 or PAC-12. And yes, the PAC-12 is probably losing at least two teams. 

I just became an Ibanez fan.  

2 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

er...Rice was never in the MWC....neither was UTEP.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

4 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Memphis basketball is money.  Results don’t matter.  

To their own budgets sure...I would think the new conference cares about more than that...like winning and tourney credits that are shared. I mean if they're BB program is supposedly so valuable...