Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

Here’s how I see it.  AF and CSU to the AAC with an underlying open invitation for Boise and SDSU to go the AAC if and when it looks like Boise and Memphis have no chance of going to the B12 because the B12 does not want to become the Big 14.  I’m hearing McMurphy says AF / CSU done deal 

Just now, thespywhozaggedme said:

UTSA won at Illinois and at Memphis last weekend. They’re 4-0 and they have an amazing offense and a great head coach.

They also have decent attendance and play home games at the Alamodome. I have no idea how they are in other sports but they seem to have a lot of potential in football. I used to be low on them, but if the MW added I prefer two TX schools and UTSA would def be one. It would be nice to pickup SMU, but that ain't happening. Rice and UTSA more likely. 

1 minute ago, 71Falcons said:

Here’s how I see it.  AF and CSU to the AAC with an underlying open invitation for Boise and SDSU to go the AAC if and when it looks like Boise and Memphis have no chance of going to the B12 because the B12 does not want to become the Big 14

What would the draw be for SDSU and Boise?

1 minute ago, AztecSU said:

Unless the MW is no more SDSU isn't going anywhere. Our AD has been clear since Harsin started his bitching and crying last fall. 

Last I saw Harsin is at Auburn. I also seem to remember that Boise left SDSU hanging.  Plus I believe SDSU is an affiliate member of some sport in the AAC anyway.  Nothing for sure just my feelings on the possibility Boise / SDSU make the jump if the Big 12 is not an option 

1 hour ago, wolfpack1 said:

Research done in 2016 no longer applies now, to many things have changed.

There have been no leaks, just speculation from "sports writers" from what people have said publically, but there have been no leaks from anyone. And you know people can't keep their mouths shut on something like this. But sports writers been throwing stuff at the wall to see if they can run with anything.

And haha no Big 12 still has a bigger pool to choose from

Thank you for playing have a nice day. Next

Bowlsby specifically said the Big12 utilized their research from 2016 to move quickly on expansion.  It is public domain.  You are wrong

There’s definitely been leaks, you just haven’t liked them or want to believe them.  You are wrong. 

Big12 physically doesn’t have as many options as the aac as their criteria is more selective.  If you don’t understand that then I can’t help you.  Just look at the number of teams mentioned as possibilities for the aac, it’s in the double digits.  The Big12 list was mainly set from the beginning, mainly due to paragraph one.  You….well, you get it by now.

Try again?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 71Falcons said:

Last I saw Harsin is at Auburn. I also seem to remember that Boise left SDSU hanging.  Plus I believe SDSU is an affiliate member of some sport in the AAC anyway.  Nothing for sure just my feelings on the possibility Boise / SDSU make the jump if the Big 12 is not an option 

Honestly I don't think we go if Boise were just going to the AAC. Unless UNLV and/or Fresno go I think we stay. Too much travel without a significant bump in pay or excitement. 

Last year when the Harsin stuff started our AD was asked point blank and he basically said we're never going to the AAC...too much cost, not enough benefit. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 71Falcons said:

Boise did not leave SDSU hanging, we negotiated their entrance back into the MWC when it appeared they may not have had the votes.  It is in a document of fame here on the MWCboard known as the "Term Sheet". Ungrateful bastards like @AztecSU seem to forget this.  

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Boise did not leave SDSU hanging, we renegotiated their entrance back into the MWC when it appeared they may not have had the votes.  It is in a document of fame here on the MWCboard known as the "Term Sheet". Ungrateful bastards like @AztecSU seem to forget this.  

lol, keep talking about ten years ago...while I'm talking last fall/winter

31 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

I also think when schools move up, it has the potential to turn off some fans.  

Boise probably went through this to some degree but I think it would be more noticeable in a place like Montana or North Dakota.  You will have less local kids on your roster.  

Right now, NDSU has a lot of kids from MN, ND, SD, NE, etc on their roster.  If they move up, a lot of those kids probably wouldn't cut it in FBS.  So you have to recruit more nationally and North Dakota isn't close to a hot bed really like Cali which Boise benefits from.  

They could pull kids from Ohio or Michigan or similar states I guess, but it changes.  Then, will fans be okay with the increased cost of tickets, seat donations, etc, especially if the winning is reduced to say 7-8 per season like you mentioned and they go play Middle Tennessee St in the Boise Bowl instead of going to the playoffs?

NDSU recruits nationally right now.
https://247sports.com/college/north-dakota-state/Season/2020-Football/Commits/

2nd point: Yes.