Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

1 hour ago, MWC Tex said:

I hear you, but nobody wants 9 conference games.

New Mexico has 2 OOC locked up mostly with NMSU and UTEP 

One payday slot is still available !

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

3 minutes ago, tenbobnote said:

There's a surprising amount of not knowing how large the NDSU brand is on this forum. 

There's also a surprising amount of disillusionment as to how much some of these bottom tier Texas schools could help with recruiting. THE MARKET DOES NOT MATTER IF NO ONE CARES.

I think a move to FBS would hurt your brand to be honest.  

51 minutes ago, Dirtball said:

This is a good sign.

So, the School Presidents need to fire his worthless ass.

Pronto !

• Like 1

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Right now it's getting more common to hear that boosters are just giving away their season tickets until they join FBS. They're losing interest in the lack of competition and interest from other teams in the conference. Plus no FBS team will schedule us around here anymore which was a HUGE draw. 

3 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

Right why not just get rid of Thompson?  Leaving your conference because you don't like a commish you have the power to replace seems stupid.

The schools that did not vote for the shortened season are angry with the leadership at the schools who did.  It is not just Thompson.  

29 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

IF MWC is looking at texas schools possibly for basketball I will bring up one, UT-Arlington. They have had some good basketball and baseball programs in the past and decent b-ball program now. Might not turn the needle but would open up to recruiting in Texas

I'm one of those guys who also doubts that adding a TX school does much to "open up recruiting."  

IMO, it's the number of games on TV that matters the most. 

UTSA, Rice, UTEP and the rest are in low mid major conferences because they are low mid major programs.  IMO, we are better off remaining at ten (if the rumors are true, which I doubt) than adding bottom feeders.  

• Like 2

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

1 minute ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Would 8 win seasons still pack the fargodome, especially without the other 3 dakota schools to tilt at?

I also think when schools move up, it has the potential to turn off some fans.  

Boise probably went through this to some degree but I think it would be more noticeable in a place like Montana or North Dakota.  You will have less local kids on your roster.  

Right now, NDSU has a lot of kids from MN, ND, SD, NE, etc on their roster.  If they move up, a lot of those kids probably wouldn't cut it in FBS.  So you have to recruit more nationally and North Dakota isn't close to a hot bed really like Cali which Boise benefits from.  

They could pull kids from Ohio or Michigan or similar states I guess, but it changes.  Then, will fans be okay with the increased cost of tickets, seat donations, etc, especially if the winning is reduced to say 7-8 per season like you mentioned and they go play Middle Tennessee St in the Boise Bowl instead of going to the playoffs?

So rank 'em, new AAC style!

Memphis - clearly the cream of the remaining crop!

SMU - potential and market

AFA - service academy, decent football, bad basketball, perceived "national following" due to being a service academy

ECU, Temple, USF - don't know enough to differentiate...big middle of the pack group

Tulane, Tulsa, Navy, CSU - should be OK, but aren't!

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

This is one of the more pathetic things I've seen in a while. CSU, who hasn't won a championship in 20 years, who have the most arrogant, delusional, pompous fans in the nation, get spurned by the Big XII, take their ball and go to a worse conference of private schools and directional commuter schools. LMAO. Have at it , CSU

If they go, our conference becomes better. 

This is like ISU taking Oats from vegas.

I will laugh my ass off if this turns out to be true and as rumored, the AAC helps with their exit fees. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama