Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

15 hours ago, azinco said:

Referencing SDSU.  

So you're a college soccer fan?

Because that's the only sport that SDSU is currently a member of the Pac for.

• Super-Mega Idiot 1
14 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

NDSU certainly does have its fundraising house in order which is not something that every FBS school has so you have that going for you.

The one time gift would be those large gifts totaling millions of dollars.  There are some people such as Phil Knight who can fund Oregon even if he's in the grave but not the best solution but they are helpful.

Right now the best thing to do is stay pat and see how the NCAA constitutional convention scheduled for November goes because there are probably going to be wholesale changes which could end up affecting many conferences and schools.

I am not sure if FBS allows a conference set up like the MVFC where you could take teams from the Summit, MVC, and Horizon (YSU) for one sport although Navy is in the AAC for just football.  If that is allowed, there is going to be major realignment in the FBS & FCS ranks for sure.

They do it for Hockey and probably LaCrosse as well. Why not Football ?

14 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Totally understandable.

All you need to do is find a conference home in FBS and I'm not sure it exists at this time.  Let's say NDSU, SDSU, ISU, SIU, and MOSU decide to move up.  They could try to convince Northern Illinois, Western Kentucky, and maybe Tulsa to form a football only conference.  You should be upset with the Jacks because they probably scared CSU away in that case...LOL.

The WAC 3.0 or the Belt would be a good starting spot.

15 hours ago, mugtang said:

He asked me to delete his account when I sold the board.  He had asked me to do it a long time before I even considered selling it.  I deleted it per his request. 

So these newbies who have been posting utter nonsense for the last couple months actually aren't Stunner in disguise?

Must be relatives of his then because that kind of weak trolling could only be in the genes.

37 minutes ago, BSUFiend said:

Honestly I've always scratched my head at Hawaii not being the PAC.  Honolulu is a big city and travel would not be as terrible as say Texas

isn't Honolulu compromised of transplants from the U.S. and Asia that don't have ties to the university? Granted a lot of those are wealthy transplants with some discretionary income to burn, and some of those would fund/attend/watch Hawaii athletics, but when you filter out the population that doesn't care about college football, I think that hinders PAC12 expansion to paradise

2 hours ago, Herdbot said:

If you cant compete for Bowl Games or Conference Championships, it wouldn't be enjoyable at all. What's your goal being an independent? It's not like we're BYU or Notre Dame with a big TV deal

You gotta get your foot in the door somehow. Liberty has played in some bowl games. They will find a Conference before 2024.

4 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

You gotta get your foot in the door somehow. Liberty has played in some bowl games. They will find a Conference before 2024.

"Give me Liberty or give me death." - Patrick Henry

Personally, rather than that farce of a university, I'd take death.

• Like 3

Montana State fan here, just perusing to see what everyone thinks.

Please take NDSU if only so I don't have to interact with their fans online anymore.  They are more obnoxious than Griz fans and that is saying a lot coming from a Bobcat fan.

• Cheers 1
10 minutes ago, celticmoose said:

Please take NDSU if only so I don't have to interact with their fans online anymore.  They are more obnoxious than Griz fans and that is saying a lot coming from a Bobcat fan.

Haha we have our share of them around here too. After a few mediocre years in FBS they'd probably go back to trolling FCS boards again, kind of like the BYU fans. 

• Cheers 1

Another day, another bunch of random off the wall informants with " inside scoop".  It's pretty entertaining actually.  The hope must be if you keep predicting different things on a daily basis then maybe something you've predicted at some point in time will come true and you can say ' Look, I was right!"  (Mostly referring to twitter and media scribes)

19 hours ago, Herdbot said:

I'll end the discussion with this. People say the same thing about Boise as NDSU... it's in the middle of no where, not a huge media market, blah blah blah

Ironically Boise is the best team with the best TV ratings. That's because they are the entire state of Idaho. Same with NDSU. It's the entire state of North Dakota and arguably more fans in Minnesota. That's why they play a football game in Minneapolis and 38,000 people show up vs a no name team. That's why they are playing a game in the Minnesota Vikings stadium in 3 years. That's why the radio network goes from Montana to Minneapolis.

If the Mountain West starts choosing teams based on media markets and not quality teams, they will end up like Conference USA who has no TV deal and nobody cares.

Texas El Paso is in a huge media market but nobody watches them. Nobody cares about them. They play in a 50k seat stadium and draw 14K a games. 

False.  Nice try Fredo. 

I also note that it has been conclusively proven that CSU dominates the Minnesota market, so wrong x2.  

• Haha 2
25 minutes ago, celticmoose said:

Cmon. It's not the fans who are annoying, it's the on field results. We hear it all week "you've never seen speed like us."  Then the games happen.

2019 - semi final

NDSU 42 Montana State 14

2018 - 2nd round playoffs. 

NDSU 52 Montana State 10

2010 2nd round playoffs in Bozeman

NDSU 42 Montana State 17

Nice efforts here.....a real can-do spirit on display.  But lest I need to remind anyone, the PAC has accepted the protection of the B1G, so they're not going to do God damned thing unless the B1G gives its blessing.  The alternative is that the B1G goes nationwide, poaches their best schools and forms Prestige Worldwide to prepare for the looming clash of civilizations with the SEC.

• Idiot 1
48 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Liberty is the only exception of team being allowed to move up without a conference. It was a 1 time waiver. I don't think we need to get our foot in the door, we're much more proven than most of the teams who moved up. We just need to wait for a good situation. I guarantee the Group of 5 will be the group of 3 or 4 if they don't plan accordingly 

1 hour ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

The distance from Los Angeles to Honolulu is longer than the distance from Los Angeles to New York City.

Ugh.. hey I'm Murican, geography isn't our thing.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Herdbot said:

Liberty is the only exception of team being allowed to move up without a conference. It was a 1 time waiver. I don't think we need to get our foot in the door, we're much more proven than most of the teams who moved up. We just need to wait for a good situation. I guarantee the Group of 5 will be the group of 3 or 4 if they don't plan accordingly 

No waiver needed or required.  Dont need a conference to move up.  UTSA started out as an independent.  All the other recent moves just happened to have a place to go when they moved up.

1 hour ago, 818SUDSFan said:

And I'm sure you're right that most people in the central time zone and east of there have never heard of San Diego State and Fresno State.

No chyt.  

That was my point.

20 minutes ago, Herdbot said:

Hey, if the NewMags can hang in for 60+ years with horrible football, you can get your foot in the door.

With all the cash flow you have spoken of, budgets, fan base and sponsors, I would think the NCAA can make a second exception. 

You're in far better shape than ~40 of the G5 bottom feeders.

I really hope the top 4 PAC programs ruin themselves and their programs by joining a conference about 2000 miles from the west coast. Do it, do it, do it!!!