Jump to content
Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

Recommended Posts

On 7/9/2024 at 7:59 PM, utenation said:

You should probably do some more research. Lol.  You really should stick with AAC football break downs. 
 

So now our defense should be solid? I guess you figured that out after seeing my stats.  After you said our rush defense is bad. Lol. 
 

I love how you act like you’re the steward of the B12 after a year of terrible football bringing down the SOS. 
 

Nobody even knows your program exists nationally. I seriously had to tell a few casual fans the other day where UCF is located. 

You are not yet in a position to be making recommendations; keep working on yourself 💪.

I said your defense should be solid, I was being nice.  You should try it.  I didn’t say your rush defense is bad, I said I don’t know about it and gave clear reasoning.  I did say I do not like your running game, which will have to be dominant if you expect to be in the ccg.  Your stats are old and bunk anyway-not that you have shown to be capable of interpreting them in a meaningful way.

Our fb didn’t bring down anyone, we went bowling and played very well on the road outside of the KU game.  One of the only schools in the country to go to the postseason in football, basketball, and baseball.. first year in the conference and we’ve increased our NIL budget by about 12fold compared to last year.

We are doing ok, hence why you’re talking about ucf to your ‘friends’.  Keep talking

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2024 at 7:32 PM, utenation said:

I quoted your entire post numbnuts.  The point you were trying to make in that post was horseshit. Just like the rest of your crap. 

The point I was making in that post is that you’re a lost cause if you still think there’s no coastal bias.  Don’t take this the wrong way but you’re not making the sense you think you are.  You’re giving me Biden vibes today.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2024 at 5:59 PM, utenation said:

You should probably do some more research. Lol.  You really should stick with AAC football break downs. 
 

So now our defense should be solid? I guess you figured that out after seeing my stats.  After you said our rush defense is bad. Lol. 
 

I love how you act like you’re the steward of the B12 after a year of terrible football bringing down the SOS. 
 

Nobody even knows your program exists nationally. I seriously had to tell a few casual fans the other day where UCF is located. 

It's on the beach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2024 at 8:11 PM, agswin said:

I'm sorry.  The WSU/OSU crowd just is not going to get a ton of sympathy here on the MWCboard.

It is tragic to lose such a substantial swath of your budget all at once, but please try to see it a bit from a G5 perspective.

How much were WSU/OSU really adding to the PAC12 bottom line?

There are reason your PAC12 uncles dropped you off at the train station and drove away.

They probably had tears in their eyes too.

 

 

 

I don’t disagree at all & I’m a Wazzu alum. WSU & OSU were the smaller budget land grant schools of the PAC-12. But since everyone else bolted the PAC-12 we at least end up with $ 150 million or so to cushion our transition.

I think the MWC is a perfect fit for both schools and they should pursue this. Most of the other PAC-12 schools are likely going to have a rough go in their new conferences. While the 4 Big-12 schools should do fine, Stanford & Cal will have limited revenue and will be on an island in ACC. Oregon will do well in the Big Ten but I think the other 3 will have a disappointing Big Ten experience similar to Nebraska, Maryland & Rutgers.

Wazzu & OSU should do a full merger with the MWC and together build the dominant western conference. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2024 at 7:31 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

The point I was making in that post is that you’re a lost cause if you still think there’s no coastal bias.  Don’t take this the wrong way but you’re not making the sense you think you are.  You’re giving me Biden vibes today.  

I think we have covered media days and your irrelevance.  Carry on my dull friend. 
 

Wake me up when UCF even comes close to sniffing the top 50 this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2024 at 7:14 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

We are doing ok, hence why you’re talking about ucf to your ‘friends’.  Keep talking

Actually, they asked me specifically why Houston and UCF were in the B12.  I said, that’s a million $$ question. I had no answers for him.  
 

They obviously knew where Houston was located but I had to help the guy out on the rest. It was a very short conversation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2024 at 3:10 PM, Brew_Poke said:

You forgot UNM.

For the purpose of division structuring I consider UNM to be a "Front Ranger" even though the Front Range technically ends at Pueblo.  Like Wyoming and CSU and AFA, UNM is east of the Continental Divide, which isn't true of any other MWC members.   Also UNM's rivalries with those three schools (dating back to 1931, 1935, and 1957 respectively) are its oldest rivalries within the MWC.  Whenever division or pod structures within the conference are discussed, UNM is almost always grouped with Wyoming, CSU and AFA.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/7/2024 at 7:45 PM, NorthWestCowboy said:

I still think whatever meat the SEC and B1G leave on the ACC bone will largely get eaten by the Big XII.

a few of the ACC old money private schools like Wake, GTech, Cuse and BC will probably get left behind along with say Pitt and NC State. SMU, Tulane, USF and Memphis would fit in well with that group along with Army/Navy as football only members. JMHO.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2024 at 8:57 PM, UofMTigers said:

a few of the ACC old money private schools like Wake, GTech, Cuse and BC will probably get left behind along with say Pitt and NC State. SMU, Tulane, USF and Memphis would fit in well with that group along with Army/Navy as football only members. JMHO.

I think Pitt and NC State would fit in well in the Big 12.  Pitt and WV need to share a conference.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2024 at 10:15 PM, Wyobraska said:

I think Pitt and NC State would fit in well in the Big 12.  Pitt and WV need to share a conference.  

it seems to be a 3 conf race to 20 teams. when that happens you have to assume ND bails on em too. that will still leave like 6-7 teams behind to rebuild.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2024 at 9:36 PM, UofMTigers said:

it seems to be a 3 conf race to 20 teams. when that happens you have to assume ND bails on em too. that will still leave like 6-7 teams behind to rebuild.

BC, Duke, Louisville, Wake, and Syracuse plus whoever from the AAC would be a good move for the AAC teams that are attractive.  

Stanford and Cal could stay.  Probably would because of lack of better options but that conference would be a big pay cut from the current ACC.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2024 at 10:59 PM, Wyobraska said:

BC, Duke, Louisville, Wake, and Syracuse plus whoever from the AAC would be a good move for the AAC teams that are attractive.  

Stanford and Cal could stay.  Probably would because of lack of better options but that conference would be a big pay cut from the current ACC.  

if I had to guess it would be like double the AAC's deal...say 14-15 million per team to stay in bed with ESPN

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/11/2024 at 12:11 AM, UofMTigers said:

if I had to guess it would be like double the AAC's deal...say 14-15 million per team to stay in bed with ESPN

I believe ultimately the aac will get a contract extension when the time is right, and that may come with a small raise but it’s going to be whatever the natural progression is, not a bump or anything.  This has little to do with who is in the conference, is a matter of the market.  The same will be true for the MWC w/wazzubeav, funbelt, etc..

Don’t think the networks/etc are interested in anything other than the future p3 because they’ll be so expensive.  That should still be ~10-11/year base plus whatever credits and postseason bonuses from football.. which isn’t bad.  Keep ESPN lol, they are your only hope! Don’t even think about trying to get cute with CW or anything, it’s not worth it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2024 at 11:15 PM, Wyobraska said:

I think Pitt and NC State would fit in well in the Big 12.  Pitt and WV need to share a conference.  

I like Pitt but Yormark seems to prefer Louisville which I honestly don’t understand other than he’s a basketball guy..

 Things could change for the big 12 obviously but I don’t think they’ll take a bunch of schools from the acc unless there’s legitimately big fish available.  It seems they may take two.  Miami and Louisville are what came up most at media days.  Though there’s some interesting stories out there about big fish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/11/2024 at 12:44 AM, wolf from 73 said:

 

 

Thanks for the link, were lucking to have her as commish.  Did she say to expect a decision on OSU/WSU in the next 4-6 weeks?  Or am I reading into what she said?

bsu%252520mwc%252520logo.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/11/2024 at 9:51 AM, Chalsean said:

Thanks for the link, were lucking to have her as commish.  Did she say to expect a decision on OSU/WSU in the next 4-6 weeks?  Or am I reading into what she said?

I believe that was in reference to extending the scheduling agreement into 2025.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/11/2024 at 9:51 AM, Chalsean said:

Thanks for the link, were lucking to have her as commish.  Did she say to expect a decision on OSU/WSU in the next 4-6 weeks?  Or am I reading into what she said?

Agreed, such a breath of fresh air to have a commissioner that is proactive rather than reactive. Good things ahead for the MWC.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/11/2024 at 10:51 AM, Chalsean said:

Thanks for the link, were lucking to have her as commish.  Did she say to expect a decision on OSU/WSU in the next 4-6 weeks?  Or am I reading into what she said?

Hmmm...despite what others have said above, that is exactly what I heard too. WSI and OSU are looking to make their decision in the next 4-6 weeks.

I know others will disagree, but I cannot for the life of me understand why OSU/WSU would want to wait until after the start of the season to announce their formal membership with the MWC or vice versa. 

At this juncture, the BIG XII and the ACC are 100% NOT coming for you -- end of story and full and complete stop. All you are doing by delaying the decision is hurting your programs, your coaches, and your athletes that (at least in substantial part) RELY GREATLY on conference affiliation and membership to earn accolades, succeed and grow. Neither of these programs have nationwide followings like ND or even Army or Navy. It is silly to think they have not waited too long already. 

Seriously, wait until January and there might not be much left of the men's Football and BB programs at either of these schools. 

Time to reverse merge with the MWC, and build-up the hype for the new PAC-14 conference as you renegotiate media deals for the league in a newly fixed and lucrative market. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.






×
×
  • Create New...