Jump to content
Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

I see.  Not to fret. I don't see the  R8 Conference as attractive to SDSU at least. No stability. Every Remainer would be looking to pull the rip cord first chance.

We should add Baylor, OK St, TT,  Kansas and ISU.

 

 

Thats funny.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

They announced that scheduling partnership almost a decade ago, and I never understood why they scrapped it. It’s a smart idea.

Along with a pre-season B1G/PAC-12 basketball challenge in Vegas.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, azgreg said:

Along with a pre-season B1G/PAC-12 basketball challenge in Vegas.

 

Random question, but is there any talk of the Pac-12 doing away with FCS games? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If everything goes the way it seems to with the SEC, B1G, PAC-12, ACC, and Big 12 staying firm the Big 12 won't add anyone til they have too. I think that's why Dickey sounded a bit desperate on the letter.

Big 12 (I think) will just add two. UCF and Cincinnati. I honestly don't know if that helps them. If they go to four it will be USF and Memphis. I don't see them adding Houston unless they have too. And I'm not even sure the AAC teams would even go at that point. Depends on the Big 12 contract.

I think the probably outcome is the AAC and MWC both getting a chunk out of the Big 8.

I'm sure I'll change my mind in the next 20 minutes or so. And I'm sure the MWC will get stuck with the three leftovers. So Kansas, K-State and? Maybe just those two. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

And that would be different than the MWC, how?

No one is really interested in most MWC teams and so very not likely, if I were to make a guess. 
But that’s pretty much every conference not SEC.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Random question, but is there any talk of the Pac-12 doing away with FCS games?

What is the progress on your stadium? Are there still gonna be seating on the one side? Looked like they were building a sports complex on the other side where they took out the hill. Definitely a different look.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

If everything goes the way it seems to with the SEC, B1G, PAC-12, ACC, and Big 12 staying firm the Big 12 won't add anyone til they have too. I think that's why Dickey sounded a bit desperate on the letter.

Big 12 (I think) will just add two. UCF and Cincinnati. I honestly don't know if that helps them. If they go to four it will be USF and Memphis. I don't see them adding Houston unless they have too. And I'm not even sure the AAC teams would even go at that point. Depends on the Big 12 contract.

I think the probably outcome is the AAC and MWC both getting a chunk out of the Big 8.

I'm sure I'll change my mind in the next 20 minutes or so. And I'm sure the MWC will get stuck with the three leftovers. So Kansas, K-State and? Maybe just those two. 

As of 8:41 pm CST. I dont think the Big 12 will add anyone. They have +/- 160 million coming from OU/Texass. The remaining dont want to split with any newcomers. They can sit on the current contract plus the buyout by those two until 2025. At that point they'll need to look...actually they'll be looking beforehand but why give up that cash until the contract expires?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Random question, but is there any talk of the Pac-12 doing away with FCS games? 

Not that I've heard. In fact Arizona and ASU are mandated by ABOR to play NAU once each every 3 years. We actually play them more often than that.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

 

I'm sure I'll change my mind in the next 20 minutes or so. And I'm sure the MWC will get stuck with the three leftovers. So Kansas, K-State and? Maybe just those two. 

You change your mind more than my wife.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Agree that any move west would probably be BYU with 3 MWC schools - Geographically & travel wise a foursome of BSU & BYU / SDSU & UNLV might make sense as both are paired fairly close together & both are in the same time zones 

I still think the B12 would look east to some AAC schools before looking east.........and especially if W-VA remains in the B12 as they would be a long way from the western part of the B12 

B12 will be in full desperation mode and even more desperate if more than just Texas & Oklahoma leave, as the B12 desperation grows, then anything could be possible for them to attempt to maintain some relevance as a conference & in the pecking order.......still adding BSU, SDSU, BYU, UNLV along with Mem

Optics, could actually play a roll now...   Big12 tells the AAC to stop poking around trying to recruit our schools and then turn around a take 4 AAC schools could have a bad look for them now.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, e-zone99 said:

Optics, could actually play a roll now...   Big12 tells the AAC to stop poking around trying to recruit our schools and then turn around a take 4 AAC schools could have a bad look for them now.

 

Except all the Big 12 has to do is announce 'we are accepting applications' once the departure date of OU and UT is established, and the phone will start ringing.  Everything above board.  No issues.  Actually, they have already probably received calls.  Direction of the contact is important.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, e-zone99 said:

Optics, could actually play a roll now...   Big12 tells the AAC to stop poking around trying to recruit our schools and then turn around a take 4 AAC schools could have a bad look for them now.

 

What better way to give Aresco the middle finger than to poach his best 4 teams.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

As of 8:41 pm CST. I dont think the Big 12 will add anyone. They have +/- 160 million coming from OU/Texass. The remaining dont want to split with any newcomers. They can sit on the current contract plus the buyout by those two until 2025. At that point they'll need to look...actually they'll be looking beforehand but why give up that cash until the contract expires?

Why would they share with any added schools, the school were not in the conference when this happened so what rights would they have on the exit fees or GOR or NCAA credits.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RSF said:

Except all the Big 12 has to do is announce 'we are accepting applications' once the departure date of OU and UT is established, and the phone will start ringing.  Everything above board.  No issues.  Actually, they have already probably received calls.  Direction of the contact is important.

I hope CSU kept their brochure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RSF said:

Except all the Big 12 has to do is announce 'we are accepting applications' once the departure date of OU and UT is established, and the phone will start ringing.  Everything above board.  No issues.  Actually, they have already probably received calls.  Direction of the contact is important.

I understand that and that's why I used the term optics.  Because to many it would look the same.  Big12 tell the AAC to stop recruiting our schools, then turns around a recruits AAC schools (granted the AAC school will or have already reached out to the Big12).  Big12 claims that the AAC is trying to damage their media rights, taking top teams from the AAC would likely damage their media rights....   Thus I used the term optics, not that anything would underhand, but the way it might look.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The answer is a 16 team 4 pod national conference

Mod Pod

SDSU

UNLV

Boise

CSU

God Pod

BYU

Baylor

TCU

OK st

Slob Pod

TT

Hou

ISU

K-State

Knob Pod

WV

UCF

Cinn

Memphis

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, e-zone99 said:

Why would they share with any added schools, the school were not in the conference when this happened so what rights would they have on the exit fees or GOR or NCAA credits.

 

That's a valid question.

I would venture the Big 12 doesn't want to have that conversation... with any team. Because it would be a hard NO. 

Can you imagine if BiG 12 were courting some teams and they were told Nope you can't have a piece of that pie...wait until 2025?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...