Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

On 5/23/2023 at 8:36 AM, RebelAlliance said:

Repressed and closeted gay guys that are looking for any excuse under the sun to not have to have sex with a woman?

Put those guys at edge rusher - you should see the way they attack the QB.  We'll take them for sure.

• Haha 1

On 5/23/2023 at 7:47 AM, Wyobraska said:

Looks like the B1G made some mistakes in their TV contract.  That ought to slow any expansion talk from them until they can get that sorted out.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pac-12-media-rights-negotiations-213929745.html

Lol, so basically tOSU, Mich, and PennSt said they won't play night games on NBC and its going to cost every school $5mil plus paying back fox for lost content in 2020? Meh, still a massive deal, but it is funny to watch the top-flight schools basically not give an eff about their conference brethren. 

On 5/23/2023 at 10:47 AM, AztecSU said:

Lol, so basically tOSU, Mich, and PennSt said they won't play night games on NBC and its going to cost every school $5mil plus paying back fox for lost content in 2020? Meh, still a massive deal, but it is funny to watch the top-flight schools basically not give an eff about their conference brethren. 

Doesn't make sense.  I know that Michigan doesn't like to play them, but I've seen a ton of night games at OSU and PSU.  In fact, the latter's vaunted "white outs" are at night.

EDIT: I see now that it's only late November night games.  That makes sense in this part of the country.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 10:47 AM, AztecSU said:

no.  just late November games.  And its on Kevin Warren, not the schools.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 5/23/2023 at 9:09 AM, RSF said:

no.  just late November games.  And its on Kevin Warren, not the schools.

Sure late November and only on NBC, right? No wonder he left as soon as his victory lap was over. 

On 5/23/2023 at 10:12 AM, AztecSU said:

Sure late November and only on NBC, right? No wonder he left as soon as his victory lap was over. 

He seems like he was not a great hire for the B1G.  They are lucky he left for the Bears.  

On 5/23/2023 at 8:47 AM, AztecSU said:

So now these three schools thinks they will only play day games...what is going to happen when they come to USC/UCLA? They are not going to do 9/10am kickoffs for their fan base. Im sorry but those three schools combined doesn't have the reach as Notre Dame does world wide. Why didn't they say anything about this when they invited the Pac12 schools and maybe Oregon/Udub in the future?

On 5/23/2023 at 1:06 PM, smithy said:

So now these three schools thinks they will only play day games...what is going to happen when they come to USC/UCLA? They are not going to do 9/10am kickoffs for their fan base. Im sorry but those three schools combined doesn't have the reach as Notre Dame does world wide. Why didn't they say anything about this when they invited the Pac12 schools and maybe Oregon/Udub in the future?

This statement is laughable 

• Like 3

On 5/23/2023 at 2:06 PM, smithy said:

A) no one said anything about them only playing day games.

B) no said anything about playing Big Noon games on the west coast either.  Which would be at noon east coast time.

C) what does 'worldwide reach' have to do with anything?  Or Notre Dame?

D) what are you talking about?

• Like 1

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I'm using Notre Dame as a example comparing those three schools to dictate their own terms of the contract. Who are they to throw a wrench into the deal? UCLA can never come back to Pac12 because they were reporting losing 10mil a year already in the existing contract.

• Facepalm 1

I gotta say I am slowly losing my interest in CFB. With all the changes over the last decade and with the elite football schools basically almost never leaving their state in non-con, playing 8 home games regularly, and now able to just pay for play on top of all that, the game is taking on a WWE quality that makes the winners feel destine.

It was cool watching TCU breakthrough and I hope that is more common. And I know a lot of these things have been going on for a long time. I guess I kind of always thought the playoff would come with more standards for competitive fairness across D1. Clearly a pipe dream on my part. 

• Like 5

On 5/23/2023 at 2:42 PM, smithy said:

I'm using Notre Dame as a example comparing those three schools to dictate their own terms of the contract. Who are they to throw a wrench into the deal?

The 3 biggest dogs on the porch, that's who.  And it's hardly throwing a wrench in the deal.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 3:43 PM, AztecSU said:

I gotta say I am slowly losing my interest in CFB. With all the changes over the last decade and with the elite football schools basically almost never leaving their state in non-con, playing 8 home games regularly, and now able to just pay for play on top of all that, the game is taking on a WWE quality that makes the winners feel destine.

It was cool watching TCU breakthrough and I hope that is more common. And I know a lot of these things have been going on for a long time. I guess I kind of always thought the playoff would come with more standards for competitive fairness across D1. Clearly a pipe dream on my part. 

Eh once the big economic collapse comes in college athletics will be regional again.

• Haha 2

On 5/23/2023 at 12:45 PM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

Eh once the big economic collapse comes in college athletics will be regional again.

I like you and what you bring to the board, respect. I assume this is a dedicated bit but I'm not honestly sure and that is what makes it special. Nice work. If there is a gentlemen troll category in the derby you would have my vote. 

On 5/23/2023 at 12:44 PM, RSF said:

The 3 biggest dogs on the porch, that's who.  And it's hardly throwing a wrench in the deal.

Yeah the only way this goes sideways is if the rest of the conference thinks they shouldn't have too either but if you are Indiana you probably take the night game on NBC in a heartbeat. 

All 3 have played early November games in the recent past.  We're talking about the last 2 to 3 weeks of the season.  They'll work it out.  Mountain, mole hill...

On 5/23/2023 at 12:06 PM, smithy said:

So now these three schools thinks they will only play day games...<---I Nov only

...what is going to happen when they come to USC/UCLA? They are not going to do 9/10am kickoffs for their fan base. Im sorry but those three schools combined doesn't have the reach as Notre Dame does world wide. Why didn't they say anything about this when they invited the Pac12 schools and maybe Oregon/Udub in the future?