Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

On 2/1/2023 at 2:29 PM, utenation said:

Nah. I left everything as is.  No amending. We all know you are as dumb as a fruit bat but don’t be a liar too. 
I don’t need to amend anything to show you are a circus clown. 

No you changed it, and I noted them.  Next time you do it is the last time we communicate as well.  May not mean much to you it seems so go ahead and make it so.

On 2/1/2023 at 1:58 PM, Spaztecs said:

Yes.

What does SUDS bring besides being the West Coast version of Rutgers ?

Bis ?    Fail

Passionate fanbase ?    Epic fail

Big TV numbers ?     Nope

An FB program that lingers near the top of a Conference that is getting worse ? Check.

Academic Status ? No

Big time Grants and Endowments?   Epic Fail.

AAU status ?  lol

Of all the boxes the PAC wants checked, location is the only one they can check. 

As much as I have wanted to see my Aztecs in the PAC in my lifetime, it ain't gonna happen.

The MW is where they belong 

My eyes widened with your Rutgers comparison.

That said I think you’re a little hard on your school.  Most of those standards you mentioned for the PAC are realistically out the window now.  

On 2/1/2023 at 10:58 AM, Spaztecs said:

Yes.

Bis ?    Fail

An FB program that lingers near the top of a Conference that is getting worse ? Check.

Academic Status ? No

AAU status ?  lol

Of all the boxes the PAC wants checked, location is the only one they can check. 

As much as I have wanted to see my Aztecs in the PAC in my lifetime, it ain't gonna happen.

This is a telling response after pumping the bulldogs who are very similar but with worse academics. You're either not an Aztec fan or one with a good amount of self hatred. 

• Facepalm 1

The New Pac-10 and Backfilling* for Loss of USC and UCLA (or the school the Monty Show's version of Gilligan calls "Yoocluh"):

Maybe desirous of remaining at 10: Arizona and Washington

Likely want to bring in SDSU and maybe a second school: ASU, Oregon, Utah

Desperate to backfill with anyone with a pulse: Oregon State and Washington State

Who TF knows: Coach Prime U

Want to turn the Pac into an Ivy League of the West and don't know how yet but are sure they'll figure it out in time : Cal and Stanford

* Adding one or two schools to the 10 would not be "expansion." Going beyond 12 would be expansion.

On 2/1/2023 at 12:30 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

No you changed it, and I noted them.  Next time you do it is the last time we communicate as well.  May not mean much to you it seems so go ahead and make it so.

No Woosh. Doesn’t work that way. You said I amended your posts. Show me proof of that.  This isn’t a game of handshakes. Go get the evidence. 

On 2/1/2023 at 2:42 PM, utenation said:

No Woosh. Doesn’t work that way. You said I amended your posts. Show me proof of that.  This isn’t a game handshakes. Go get the evidence. 

Absolutely does, you’re the offender.  You’re the one claiming I said those things, show me where I said them or at least show me where they are and let the truth come out. My actual posts, not your quoted replies.

• Haha 1

On 2/1/2023 at 1:42 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

The New Pac-10 and Backfilling* for Loss of USC and UCLA (or the school the Monty Show's version of Gilligan calls "Yoocluh"):

Tom Hanks, in one of his early films, referred to it as 'The Ivy Covered Walls of Uck-La'....

Just a random thought.

• Like 1

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 2/1/2023 at 12:46 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Absolutely does, you’re the offender.  You’re the one claiming I said those things, show me where I said them or at least show me where they are and let the truth come out. 

I posted your wall of shame a few times on this thread. Quit being lazy.  

But I’ll make you a deal? You post the 1 page, homemade, cherry picked Excel spreadsheet showing UCF is more valuable than blue blood programs and I’ll repost your wall of shame. 

Deal?

37 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Spouting ignorance and then admitting to your ignorance to cover yourself (from what?) is a zero sum game.  Why submit the post at all at that point? Why have such an emotional response to someone trying to seek clarification to your point, which very clearly needs it? This is a discussion board. When you resort to insults you’ve already lost.  

What are you talking about? I was very clear in both posts if you know how to read.

Why respond to a post you don't like or understand?

Why is your response emotional?

If you want to understand what ignorance looks like look in the mirror.

A needed skill when participating on a ' discussion' board is the ability to read and understand.  The next needed skill is the ability to be able to admit a mistake when you misread something  You seem to lack both skills.

If you don't want to be insulted don't pop off to posts you don't understand.

I will say again the reason you get so much crap from posters here is that you pretend to know everything and you simply don't.

• Like 2

It would be hilariously on-brand to have the elite schools in the PAC kill adding only the SUDS due to them being a state school yet having a very desirable market size and pedigree in FB and BB. Especially with the expanded football playoffs and San Diego having no professional FB or BB teams to compete against. 

On 2/1/2023 at 1:30 PM, NorNevLifer said:

It would be hilariously on-brand to have the elite schools in the PAC kill adding only the SUDS due to them being a state school yet having a very desirable market size and pedigree in FB and BB. Especially with the expanded football playoffs and San Diego having no professional FB or BB teams to compete against. 

If there is one thing the PAC knows how to do its how to +++++ things up. I personally feel Utah and the Arizonas should move to the Big12 and then invite SDSU.

Get arguably the current top FB and Basketball PAC school, lock down the States or Arizona and Utah while pulling the SoCal market out from under the PAC. Even then I doubt they'd wake up.

On 2/1/2023 at 5:30 PM, albert mac meda said:

It was actually from Bosom Buddies.

That reminds me. For a brief period of time, I was casual friends with the guy on the right:

Bosom Buddies - Rotten Tomatoes

He was on the Bob Newhart show at the time and lived down the street from us. Very funny and a top-notch juggler during filming breaks on that show.

On 2/1/2023 at 7:30 PM, albert mac meda said:

It was actually from Bosom Buddies.

And they FILMED it live before a studio audience...

😉😀

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 2/1/2023 at 6:35 PM, RSF said:

And they FILMED it live before a studio audience...

😉😀

Is that right? I never liked that show so hardly watched it. The Newhart Show was definitely filmed before a live audience which is how I found out about Scolari's juggling which he entered the audience with during breaks in the shoot.

On 1/31/2023 at 10:37 PM, FresnoStateBulldogFan said:

Also i don’t care for what the future has for sports broadcasting. these streaming services just suck money out of people’s wallets even more so than cable ever did. I have YouTube TV, paramount, apple, Netflix, prime, et Al. It +++++ing frustrating - bastards. 

You're paying for all of those subscriptions concurrently?  Why?

I have Amazon Prime (free and faster shipping) and Disney+ (for the kids) year round.

YouTube TV during football and basketball seasons. 

Netflix for one month each year to catch up on anything I want to watch there.

I have subscribed to Paramount+ (so my wife could watch some show), but have since cancelled. 

I tried subscribing to Apple a while back but it wanted me to log in on my (nonexistent) Apple device to get access on my Roku.  Stupid.

On 2/1/2023 at 1:58 PM, Spaztecs said:

Yes.

Bis ?    Fail

Academic Status ? No

AAU status ?  lol

Comparing SDSU to Rutgers is an insult to Rutgers.  Having said that, I have no idea how Rutgers generally sucks at football.

• Like 1