Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

On 1/28/2023 at 5:59 PM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

Man BYU fans seem to insecure about the PAC-12 and expansion. The only reason why the B12 wanted BYU was due to the fact that they were desperate for another school.  @NorCalCoug

Insecure about a conference on its deathbed?  LOL, yeah right.  You’re the lowest IQ poster on this board.  We are all dumber reading your stupid takes.

v0icAvfW.jpg

On 1/28/2023 at 6:59 PM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

Man BYU fans seem to insecure about the PAC-12 and expansion. The only reason why the B12 wanted BYU was due to the fact that they were desperate for another school.  @NorCalCoug

BYU and the B12 have actually danced several times, including when the B12 ultimately invited West Virginia.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 1/28/2023 at 6:22 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

How far have we come though? No one is picking the pac over the big12 today, couldn’t have said that a year ago.  

It seems that 11 Schools are picking the PAC over the New12.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 1/29/2023 at 10:56 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Yeah and all MAC schools are picking the MAC over the big 12 too.. until an invite comes every school is happy where they’re at.

Outside of Arizona kicking the tires, I'm not seeing a PAC rush to the New12.

• Like 1

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 1/29/2023 at 10:54 AM, Spaztecs said:

Outside of Arizona kicking the tires, I'm not seeing a PAC rush to the New12.

If Brett Yarmouth or whatever his name is was as great a commissioner as some B12 folks think, he would be trying to get the B12's TV partners to agree to give SDSU the same money as everyone else in exchange for Yarmouth getting Arizona to agree to join the B12 if SDSU would also join. Getting both Arizona and SDSU to join the B12 would be a shot to the bow which might actually sink the Bad Ship Pac.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/21/2021 at 4:42 PM, alum93 said:

That would actually be a pretty cool conference with the left behind B12 schools.  I also don't see it ever happening.  

They invited three of them. Messed up and missed out by not taking the other three. Monstrous Mickey Mouse Mistake.

• Facepalm 1

On 1/29/2023 at 4:05 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

If Brett Yarmouth or whatever his name is was as great a commissioner as some B12 folks think, he would be trying to get the B12's TV partners to agree to give SDSU the same money as everyone else in exchange for Yarmouth getting Arizona to agree to join the B12 if SDSU would also join. Getting both Arizona and SDSU to join the B12 would be a shot to the bow which might actually sink the Bad Ship Pac.

Nah, George Quiefkous can have SDSU for a full share.

v0icAvfW.jpg

The Big-12 is sound. It has a contract and it is expensive for any school to leave.

It can wait and see if the SEC and B1G kills the ACC. If that happens the Big-12 could get several eastern schools. They are preferable to western schools for built-in reasons like time zone, distance, ...

Mean while, the PAC is vulnerable. The B1G could kill it any time it chooses. That will limit any contract.

On 1/30/2023 at 11:53 AM, shizzle787 said:

The real question is (assuming SDSU and SMU) go to the Pac-12, does the Mountain West stay at 11 or add UTEP? 

I don’t think SMU is quite that high on the PAC expansion list, though your question still stands.  I feel that if the MWC wanted UTEP or vice versa that it would have happened already.  Suspect the best options will be at the fcs rank.  

• Like 1

I would think the Dakotas, Montanas, Texas schools looking to move up would be interested. interesting outside the box moves might include cali schools like UC Davis and (I bet not long before) UC San Diego. Yeah I know, but major Nor-cal and so-cal universities might be better long term.  

On 1/30/2023 at 12:10 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I don’t think SMU is quite that high on the PAC expansion list, though your question still stands.  I feel that if the MWC wanted UTEP or vice versa that it would have happened already.  Suspect the best options will be at the fcs rank.  

I just don't feel like the MW will dip into FCS. It's not considered a good look (especially for a league that doesn't need to). If they are at 11 and they don't like UTEP, I don't think they will add an FCS school if they don't have to. 

The population of Missoula is 75k.  The population of Bozeman is 55k.  I just can't see why the MWC would ever invite both schools, and i have always read on this forum that Montana isn't going anywhere without Montana State.  I still think UTEP will be close to the top of any list if MWC needs to backfill.  Big city, 50k+ football stadium, good basketball history, and history with most of the current MWC schools.  Also, EP has a population of 680k in a county of 740k.