Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

On 12/6/2022 at 2:38 PM, utenation said:

You were in good hands then. Took the Redline Trax to the stadium I'm guessing? If there is a next time, the main tailgating lot is just South East of the stadium. You could drink for free. People would welcome you to their setups.

Get us in the P12 and there will be a next time. 

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

On 12/6/2022 at 3:58 PM, Cougar/Frog said:

I am surprised that so few watched USC Utah Friday night.   It had everything going for it, including a Heisman candidate, CFP berth, revenge, blue blood in a major market, upset possibility, etc.  

Not surprised that do few watched the ACC CG.  Both teams coming off losses hurt and having no CFP impact hurt.

Honestly, since when has Friday ever been a good TV ratings day for CFB? The Friday thing was a carrot for more money on the last TV contract.  As pointed out, this year was much better than last likely because USC had tuned in folks in So Cal and I'm sure some eyeballs in Ohio.

On 12/6/2022 at 2:47 PM, utenation said:

Honestly, since when has Friday ever been a good TV ratings day for CFB? The Friday thing was a carrot for more money on the last TV contract.  As pointed out, this year was much better than last likely because USC had tuned in folks in So Cal and I'm sure some eyeballs in Ohio.

The Vegas cut scenes was awesome and the atmosphere as well 

• Like 1

Related image

On 12/6/2022 at 5:10 PM, Dirtball said:

Get us in the P12 and there will be a next time. 

I've been saying for months I like the SDSU add but I'm just slow white trash with season tickets.   

-But-

@Did I hear a WOOSH? is the insider on this board, not me. He pulls all the strings in all conferences. I heard he was the only person that wasn't an AD, President or Chancellor that has been let into the weekly meetings to advise the P12 on their upcoming TV contract. He apparently has Execs from FOX, ABC/ESPN, CBS and Apple in his back pocket.  

He was also telling @Headbutt that he has "Moles" in each TV network's HQ that leak conference contract info to guys like Woosh but it's all top secret info.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/6/2022 at 5:55 PM, trvitmvnz said:

The Vegas cut scenes was awesome and the atmosphere as well 

Vegas is a no brainer and we've packed the stadium since we moved it to Vegas from Levi's Stadium. Utah brought many many fans the last two years but I still think other teams will keep a good attendance mark going forward. 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 3:50 PM, RSF said:

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2021/12/sec-championship-ratings-season-high-georgia-alabama-big-ten-acc-cincinnati/

Big 12 was in 3rd place last year, too.  With Baylor/Okie State.  Pac 12 was 4th both years...by quite a bit.  

If George is telling the truth, we are up 18% overall on TV ratings on ABC/ESPN and Fox from 2021.  Hopefully that helps with the new contract. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/pac-12-extends-agreement-with-las-vegas-through-2023/2022/12/01/065a46dc-71ad-11ed-867c-8ec695e4afcd_story.html

Kliavkoff said viewership of Pac-12 games on ABC, ESPN and FOX was up at least 18% over last year.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 6:14 PM, utenation said:

If George is telling the truth, we are up 18% overall on TV ratings on ABC/ESPN and Fox from 2021.  Hopefully that helps with the new contract. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/pac-12-extends-agreement-with-las-vegas-through-2023/2022/12/01/065a46dc-71ad-11ed-867c-8ec695e4afcd_story.html

It helps when the Blue Bloods are all having good seasons.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/7/2022 at 10:42 AM, thespywhozaggedme said:

Tim Brando was just on national radio saying that he believes Fresno and Boise State will be in a new conference in the next 12 months. Don’t know if he’s passing along insider information or just speculating.

The WAC?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/7/2022 at 10:42 AM, thespywhozaggedme said:

Tim Brando was just on national radio saying that he believes Fresno and Boise State will be in a new conference in the next 12 months. Don’t know if he’s passing along insider information or just speculating.

I recall a claim that the PAC move would make a splash. I think adding those programs with SDSU makes a lot of sense personally. Blue collar teams/schools drive CFB. 

On 12/7/2022 at 8:14 PM, NorCalCoug said:

Man, this guy just keeps kicking ass and dropping truth bombs!!  Can’t wait for late Friday night games with Coach Prime on Amazon Prime!  😂 

Yeah, George is proving to be way out in left field these days. 

But as a BYU Fan I wouldn’t be worried what coach Prime is up to. He is worth value. Considering the slightly above .500 year in football you guys had and now your basketball squad is smelling like rotten meat, I’d be worried about taking this show to the B12.  South Dakota and Utah Valley in Provo? Really?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/7/2022 at 8:14 PM, utenation said:

But as a BYU Fan I wouldn’t be worried what coach Prime is up to. He is worth value. Considering the slightly above .500 year in football you guys had and now your basketball squad is smelling like rotten meat, I’d be worried about taking this show to the B12.  South Dakota and Utah Valley in Provo? Really?

BYU's NET ranking is in the 180's.  It's still early, but that's ugly

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 8:14 PM, utenation said:

They will get killed in the Big 12 in year one!

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 7:14 PM, NorCalCoug said:

Man, this guy just keeps kicking ass and dropping truth bombs!!  Can’t wait for late Friday night games with Coach Prime on Amazon Prime!  😂 

It's such a dumb comment. He should have just stuck with the UCLA issue as the reason the deal will be done when it's done.

• Cheers 1

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

On 12/8/2022 at 7:28 AM, ph90702 said:

They will get killed in the Big 12 in year one!

And year two.

And three.

And four.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor