Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

On 11/14/2022 at 12:56 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

I doubt it. Much as I respect UC Berkeley, no member of the Pac has been so responsible for its demise and I can't believe the rest of the conference doesn't know that.

You will be surprised how much power they wield in the conference and have which also includes the founding members. Thing is any expansion they will want to be unanimous, and I don't see Fresno St or San Diego St getting that unless some deals are made behind the scenes. Honestly, I really don't see that much of a change in politics with Pac-12 schools maybe some movement of voting blocks but not much changes otherwise.

On 11/14/2022 at 1:24 PM, utenation said:

I’ll see your Cal and raise you CU. 

CU has to be among the dozen or so most overrated sports schools in the country.

Yeah they shared a NC one year in football but they did so by bringing in a boatload of quasi-criminals. As to hoops, the Buffaloes have won exactly two NCAA tournament games this century.

On 11/14/2022 at 3:16 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I don’t need to explain it, other than to remind you that my original statement was that Memphis basketball WILL be worth more than the entire bsu department.  And all the evidence still shows that.  You can play whatever games you want but know that you’ve been off base this entire time.  

You might need to work on conjugating your verb tenses.

On 9/28/2021 at 2:53 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Boise and Memphis didn’t even make it to the second round of discussion.  If by ‘yes’ you mean they were brought up then sure, but Boise isn’t going to the Big12 or any power conference until they become something other than a one trick pony(mediocre football).  Memphis basketball is worth more than their entire school and they didn’t even get in.  I’m not trying to be rude but you are completely delusional.

On 9/28/2021 at 3:10 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

The Big12 cares about maintaining its status on fronts sure but the point wasn’t that Memphis basketball should get them in, it’s that their basketball value is greater than Boise’s entirety and they still didn’t get in, showing how far Boise has to go. 

• Like 2

On 11/14/2022 at 6:33 PM, wolfpack1 said:

You will be surprised how much power they wield in the conference and have which also includes the founding members. Thing is any expansion they will want to be unanimous, and I don't see Fresno St or San Diego St getting that unless some deals are made behind the scenes. Honestly, I really don't see that much of a change in politics with Pac-12 schools maybe some movement of voting blocks but not much changes otherwise.

Based on the results since the PAC10 became the PAC12 they have nothing to stand on. Since 2012 (not counting the COVID year) CAL has an overall record of 50-74 in Football with only 4 winning seasons in that span where the best they did was 8-5. 

They are a poison pill, and if it can be proven that bringing in San Diego State along with another MWC school (FSU, UNLV ex.) would be a boost to the Conference then they need to be told to Pound sand.

On 11/14/2022 at 6:23 PM, utgrizfan said:

Based on the results since the PAC10 became the PAC12 they have nothing to stand on. Since 2012 (not counting the COVID year) CAL has an overall record of 50-74 in Football with only 4 winning seasons in that span where the best they did was 8-5. 

They are a poison pill, and if it can be proven that bringing in San Diego State along with another MWC school (FSU, UNLV ex.) would be a boost to the Conference then they need to be told to Pound sand.

Cal just needs to be told to pound sand.  Period.  

• Like 4

On 11/14/2022 at 9:54 PM, Someone Else said:

The guy just gets crushed on a daily basis here... he should just stop.

He didn’t quote my original post, only subsequent ones where I was doubling down.  Not the original statement where it shows what I was talking about and has appropriate ‘verb’ usage (smh you guys are so small).  It’s dishonest.  You’re definition of getting crushed is…questionable.  

• Haha 1

On 11/14/2022 at 8:54 PM, Someone Else said:

The guy just gets crushed on a daily basis here... he should just stop.

And then he likes to dig the hole deeper.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 11/15/2022 at 3:15 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

He didn’t quote my original post, only subsequent ones where I was doubling down.  Not the original statement where it shows what I was talking about and has appropriate ‘verb’ usage (smh you guys are so small).  It’s dishonest.  You’re definition of getting crushed is…questionable.  

That was the earliest mention I could find in this thread.  If there's an earlier reference, please link it.

On 11/14/2022 at 3:16 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I don’t need to explain it, other than to remind you that my original statement was that Memphis basketball WILL be worth more than the entire bsu department.  And all the evidence still shows that.  You can play whatever games you want but know that you’ve been off base this entire time.  

You really need to let this one go.  It’s shocking that you can’t see just how ridiculous this is.

• Like 2

v0icAvfW.jpg

On 11/15/2022 at 4:00 PM, Pelado said:

That was the earliest mention I could find in this thread.  If there's an earlier reference, please link it.

You nailed it. No need for more searching. A few weeks ago on another thread, I posted about 8-10 of Woosh’s posts relating to expansion and how far off he is in left field. He ran. No response. 

He just hopes people forget about all his wrong bullshit. And then just deny it again until someone posts his exact words.  Rinse and repeat. 

36 minutes ago, utenation said:

You nailed it. No need for more searching. A few weeks ago on another thread, I posted about 8-10 of Woosh’s posts relating to expansion and how far off he is in left field. He ran. No response. 

He just hopes people forget about all his wrong bullshit. And then just deny it again until someone posts his exact words.  Rinse and repeat. 

He's one of those guys that can't remember everything he has claimed and doesn't realize that other people actually can remember.  It's comical how many times you guys call him out and he still comes back for more.

On 11/14/2022 at 6:23 PM, utgrizfan said:

But honestly none of those bring anything to the conference especially money wise. However as we know Pac 12 looks at other factors and no, Cal won't be told to pound sand they still wield power in the conference behind the scenes and all they need is a couple of schools, which they probably have already, to be on their side and that is it. 

Since no one in the other thread is talking about Gonzaga, it sounds like the chance of them joining the Big 12 is increasing:

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2022/11/16/big-12-gonzaga-expressing-growing-mutual-interest-report/

I wonder if it's part of a bigger plan, or if they would stay at 13 basketball, and 12 football members.