Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

On 11/14/2022 at 10:06 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Again it’s way too early in the process to be claiming victories or defeats as it relates to realignment.  It’s not done yet for this cycle.

What a terrible situation over at UVA.  Life is so fickle.  

It's never too early for you to say something stupid. It's a year round deal.

On 11/14/2022 at 10:08 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

It’s still in the Navigate study, I think 2026/27 was the inflection point where it shifts into Memphis’ favor.

In the last reported fiscal year. Boise total revenue was about $35 million.  Memphis' Basketball revenue was $6.5 million.

https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/institution/search

On 11/14/2022 at 10:06 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Again it’s way too early in the process to be claiming victories or defeats as it relates to realignment.  It’s not done yet for this cycle.

Again, more proof of your lack of intelligence.  Your Houston buddy claimed he never said the four corner schools were a done deal back in June/July. Use your good eye to read the post I quoted.

Just like a few weeks ago, I embarrassed you with the same nonsense takes. 

All you clowns said the P12 schools couldn't wait to come to the top dollar B12. And here we are in mid November and your contract doesn't include any P12 schools. I'm shocked. 

On 11/14/2022 at 12:27 PM, utenation said:

Again, more proof of your lack of intelligence.  Your Houston buddy claimed he never said the four corner schools were a done deal back in June/July. Use your good eye to read the post I quoted.

Just like a few weeks ago, I embarrassed you with the same nonsense takes. 

All you clowns said the P12 schools couldn't wait to come to the top dollar B12. And here we are in mid November and your contract doesn't include any P12 schools. I'm shocked. 

You only embarrass yourself.  Most of your ‘gotchas’ don’t make sense, seem like you’re drunk or something.  I didn’t want to say anything because I assumed you needed it more than I needed to be right.  That said, you’re living in your own created fantasy.  I hope you’re good.

On 11/14/2022 at 10:38 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

You only embarrass yourself.  Most of your ‘gotchas’ don’t make sense, seem like you’re drunk or something.  I didn’t want to say anything because I assumed you needed it more than I needed to be right.  That said, you’re living in your own created fantasy.  I hope you’re good.

So how do you explain a nearly $30 million difference between Memphis Basketball and total Boise revenue?

On 11/14/2022 at 11:44 AM, utenation said:

So how do you explain a nearly $30 million difference between Memphis Basketball and total Boise revenue?

He cant, and he wont.  Not his schtick.  He's that character from SNL, Nathan Thurm.

• Haha 2

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 11/14/2022 at 10:56 AM, RSF said:

He cant, and he wont.  Not his schtick.  He's that character from SNL, Nathan Thurm.

I’m all about TCU getting into the playoff. Nice win at Texas. TCU needs to finish the job. 

Tired of Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson, Michigan and OU. 

On 11/13/2022 at 1:08 PM, Coog kev said:

The latest from Wilner.  And yes, I would like to see both San Diego State and SMU join the PAC.  It also appears that the PAC is in good shape to reach a media rights deal on parity with XII re basic media rights.  It also appears that B1G has cooled its jets re picking off the PAC and the California Board of Regents are gonna let go of UCLA, as they should.

Wilner Mailbag this week

tidbits..

There is no question — none, zero, zip — that the decision to renew early with ESPN and Fox, and not go to the open market in 2024, was a defensive play first and foremost. Otherwise, why take a below-market price?

Within that decision, we believe, was a desire to give the continuing eight schools a sense of security and to keep two newcomers, Houston and Brigham Young, off the market.

At this point, the likelihood of the Pac-12 adding schools from the Big 12 is roughly 0.1 percent.

And if we knew they had signed the grant-of-rights deal, it would be absolute zero.

The University of California system includes Cal and UCLA. The California State University system includes San Jose State, Fresno State and San Diego State. They are separate entities, although both receive funding from the state.

In the past, Cal and UCLA have been loath to consider any of the CSU campuses for Pac-12 membership.

The Bruins no longer have a voice. And if Cal remains in opposition to San Diego State, the remaining schools should simply ignore Berkeley’s wishes and extend an invitation.

(Cal is not in position to make demands or squash moves that benefit the collective.)

SDSU rates higher than several Pac-12 schools in the ‘US News and World Report’ rankings and can now offer doctorates. Its academic profile has improved substantially, and the campus creates an access point to Southern California that the conference desperately needs.

Along with SMU, it’s a top candidate to join the Pac-12.

This guy should just stop, he is now just being obviously he is being a cheerleader and not a beat writer. California still has a big voice in Pac-12 and that is part of the problem but they would have allies in not inviting certain schools. California won't vote to invite SDSU, Arizona St will probably do whatever Cal wants, Stanford probably would go along with Stanford on that one and I don't see Washington St voting on them to come in with comments they have made in the last year. That is four no votes right there and a conference isn't going to move unless its unanimous because that would be bad press. 

On 11/14/2022 at 1:23 PM, wolfpack1 said:

This guy should just stop, he is now just being obviously he is being a cheerleader and not a beat writer. California still has a big voice in Pac-12 and that is part of the problem but they would have allies in not inviting certain schools. California won't vote to invite SDSU, Arizona St will probably do whatever Cal wants, Stanford probably would go along with Stanford on that one and I don't see Washington St voting on them to come in with comments they have made in the last year. That is four no votes right there and a conference isn't going to move unless its unanimous because that would be bad press. 

I would hope so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/14/2022 at 12:23 PM, wolfpack1 said:

I doubt it. Much as I respect UC Berkeley, no member of the Pac has been so responsible for its demise and I can't believe the rest of the conference doesn't know that.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 3:23 PM, wolfpack1 said:

He’s close to losing his job, he’s gotta do what he’s gotta do.

• Facepalm 1

http://big12sports.com/news/2022/11/12/big-12-conference-forms-business-advisory-board-comprised-of-entrepreneurial-icons-and-industry-leaders.aspx

Its nice to see the rumors of what the ‘creative’ new revenue streams would look like coming to fruition.  Lots of media and entrepreneurial opportunities coming for the student athletes in the big12.  

On 11/14/2022 at 12:44 PM, utenation said:

I don’t need to explain it, other than to remind you that my original statement was that Memphis basketball WILL be worth more than the entire bsu department.  And all the evidence still shows that.  You can play whatever games you want but know that you’ve been off base this entire time.  

• Facepalm 1

On 11/14/2022 at 4:16 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I don’t need to explain it, other than to remind you that my original statement was that Memphis basketball WILL be worth more than the entire bsu department.  And all the evidence still shows that.  You can play whatever games you want but know that you’ve been off base this entire time.  

@utenation...told ya....

• Haha 1
  • Super-Mega Idiot 1

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 11/14/2022 at 1:24 PM, utenation said:

I’ll see your Cal and raise you CU. 

Can we take them?  Hawaii and Colorado would have a new catchy rivalry called "Bows and (Buffa) 'loes."  Which can also double up as the theme of some frat parties.

Whatcha say @kalua pig? Larry's spirit wishes for 'Bows and 'Loes.

On 11/14/2022 at 2:16 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

you're most likely a narcissist and should seek help

On 11/14/2022 at 2:41 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

So someone misquotes me intentionally then hounds me for months even after I showed him multiple times the supporting metrics and I’m a narcissist? Ok.  That word doesn’t mean what you think it does.  

No one is right all the time, its ok man. 

On 11/14/2022 at 3:17 PM, RSF said:

@utenation...told ya....

Yeah, everyone in the world knows his posts and data are trash. Just for shits and giggles, I looked up Duke's, Michigan's and Kansas' basketball revenue for the last fiscal year.

Duke: About  $22 Mill

Michigan: $11.3 Mill

Kansas: $7.5 Mill.

So @Did I hear a WOOSH? claims Memphis Basketball will pass up BSU's entire school by 2026/27.  Right now, that's a $30 Mill per year gap.  And who knows how much BSU's athletic revenue will grow by then?

Poor Woosh. He's dumber than a whore in church and not good at 1st grade math apparently.