Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

Utah at Oregon is gonna be a barn burner.  I really do not know how well this one is gonna turn out.  I am on the Utah side tho for what is perceived to be an upset.  I dig upsets.  Who knows, UCLA may take down Southern Cal and Oklahoma State may rip one off over Boomer. 

TCU over Baylor in Waco.  Yawn side.  A practical given in the morning time slot.  It competes with Home Depot shopping (aka Saturday Church) and my job to help stimulate the macro economy. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

On 11/13/2022 at 1:08 PM, Coog kev said:

Wilner Mailbag this week

In the past, Cal and UCLA have been loath to consider any of the CSU campuses for Pac-12 membership.

The Bruins no longer have a voice. And if Cal remains in opposition to San Diego State, the remaining schools should simply ignore Berkeley’s wishes and extend an invitation.

(Cal is not in position to make demands or squash moves that benefit the collective.)

SDSU rates higher than several Pac-12 schools in the ‘US News and World Report’ rankings and can now offer doctorates. Its academic profile has improved substantially, and the campus creates an access point to Southern California that the conference desperately needs.

Along with SMU, it’s a top candidate to join the Pac-12.

Boom Shakalaka Dance GIF - Boom Shakalaka Dance Vibing ...

On 11/13/2022 at 5:50 PM, utenation said:

Wait. Back in June you said the 4 corner schools were already gone and filling out their B12 applications? 

Why the “sudden” lack of interest in our schools wanting to go to the B12?

I never said that either.  At that time I was publishing the news re the Four Corner schools via Wilner.  At that time I thought it would be a grand idea for XII to jump to 16 given the uncertainty of B1G picking off Oregon and Washington. 

Total Moot Point re all of this until the end of the decade.  XII is locked up in its TV deal now.  PAC will be locked up in its TV deal for what it can get by about mid December.  

For now let's just see what PAC does with streaming rights Amazon and how all that shapes up.  And how is much is paid for the 4th window Saturday ball.  Both B1G and XII need to know those numbers re future matters. 

On 11/13/2022 at 8:11 PM, Reverend said:

I kinda doubt that.

Yeah...you've made posts more pathetic than that.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 11/13/2022 at 6:53 PM, Coog kev said:

TCU over Baylor in Waco.  Yawn side.  A practical given in the morning time slot.  It competes with Home Depot shopping (aka Saturday Church) and my job to help stimulate the macro economy. 

Bitterness can be so sad...

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 11/13/2022 at 5:57 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I get plenty of support.

The weekly visit from Adult Protective Services dont count here.

On 11/13/2022 at 5:57 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I get why you are the way you are though so keep it up. 

You keep asking for the abuse so it would be just rude to not oblige.

On 11/13/2022 at 7:23 PM, Coog kev said:

I never said that either.  At that time I was publishing the news re the Four Corner schools via Wilner.  At that time I thought it would be a grand idea for XII to jump to 16 given the uncertainty of B1G picking off Oregon and Washington. 

Total Moot Point re all of this until the end of the decade.  XII is locked up in its TV deal now.  PAC will be locked up in its TV deal for what it can get by about mid December.  

For now let's just see what PAC does with streaming rights Amazon and how all that shapes up.  And how is much is paid for the 4th window Saturday ball.  Both B1G and XII need to know those numbers re future matters. 

I’m watching some good football tonight. But no worries, tomorrow when I have time,  I’ll post your exact words on this numbnuts.

Like I said, I love this game. Woosh knows all too well. 

You Houston fans here are nothing but smelly sewage. 

On 11/13/2022 at 8:27 PM, RSF said:

Bitterness can be so sad...

Wait a minute there, buddy.  TCU will take Baylor in a minute.  Do not confuse things, RSF.  TCU in the CFP without qualification.  Joyfest witnessed last night on ABC at Texas.  Duggan got sacked a lot by an usually strong Texas defense and it was a baseball score 3- 0 at the half.  But, TCU found its way to win and win well.  For the CCG in Arlington it will be Kansas State, likely, and not a toss up. 

TCU to the CFP.

In the newby XII 2023, first conference game is TCU at Houston. 

p.s. where is good guy conventional masterfrog?  he is a very fine rep of TCU matters.

Are you a happy person, RSF?  You always seem so...uptight and less than happy.  Oh well, I know plenty of other TCU types local that displace things like this. 

On 11/13/2022 at 8:40 PM, utenation said:

I’m watching some good football tonight. But no worries, tomorrow when I have time I’ll remind you of what exactly you said numbnuts. 

Like I said, I love this game. Woosh knows all too well. 

You Houston fans here are nothing but smelly sewage. 

Lols.  GG coming up when we do our OOC homey/homey mid decade.  If Oregon pastes you dressed up in yellow pens, we shall do the same...only very ugly dark neon red.  Good luck in your future PAC adventures.  Thank goodness you are very far from official mouthpieces of the PAC itself. 

You seem a bit insecure about your Utah future.  Perhaps your arch-rival BYU outdid you with a better long-game deal.  Who knows. Time will tell.  It will indeed.

To RSF.  TCU did a masterful job of swiping Sonny Dykes outta SMU.  It was a bit weird seeing long-time HC Patterson on the Texas sidelines last night with his UT hat and I know why he got fired mid season last year even though there is a statue of him on the TCU campus.  He simply could not deliver, despite the statue.  Which is kinda weird.  Or is it?  A statue to a fired coach. 

I suppose that is far better than winding up with Jimbo at Texas A&M with its 6-game losing streak paying out $7m/annum re that.  The Dykes coaching tree goes a loooong way in Texas.  From Spike Dykes at Texas Tech to his son Sonny via Cal and SMU.  It is a bit opposite of the Briles tree.  Art went too far at Baylor with its mess back then,  Son Kendal is doing well-ish at Arkansas as OC.

TCU always navigates through troubled waters. The SWC long time.  Then the WAC,  Then CUSA, Then almost BE.  Then MWC.  Then XII.  Chris del Conte as your AD swiped outta Rice navigated the waters well when it really mattered most.  The elevation to XII. 

I look forward to Game One in XII gridiron competition 2023.  It is Houston and TCU right outta the gate in like week 0 or similar. 

On 11/13/2022 at 7:50 PM, Coog kev said:

Lols.  GG coming up when we do our OOC homey/homey mid decade.  If Oregon pastes you dressed up in yellow pens, we shall do the same...only very ugly dark neon red.  Good luck in your future PAC adventures.  Thank goodness you are very far from official mouthpieces of the PAC itself. 

You seem a bit insecure about your Utah future.  Perhaps your arch-rival BYU outdid you with a better long-game deal.  Who knows. Time will tell.  It will indeed.

You notice you’re the only one who brings up a home and home with Utah right? 

Our fans don’t even realize that you have an athletic department. When the time comes, Houston will just be another AAC speed bump in OOC. 52K fans will show up to RES and enjoy a great gameday experience and not even realize who Houston is.  

Sure, you’ll have a B12 name tag but you can take the tramp out of the trailer park but you can’t take the trailer park out of the tramp. 

On 11/13/2022 at 5:10 PM, Coog kev said:

I never said that.  You confuse me with Whoosh.  Again. 

Let me know if you want to see more of your sewage. There's plenty to chose from.  

On 7/2/2022 at 8:05 PM, Coog kev said:

Last summer following Boomer and Horn to SEC, there was minor babble about PAC needing to expand.  In the Texas market it was TCU and Houston as written up in the Fort Worth Star Telegram.  Yawn.

The hunted at that time, XII future +, now turns into the hunter.  Welcome in advance Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, and Utah. 

Washington and Oregon are off the table; they will go B1G one way or another. 

• Like 1