Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

On 10/15/2022 at 4:04 PM, Reverend said:

West coast bias? Even you know that's +++++ing stupid and you're making that shit up.

You don’t think there’s west coast bias? You’re calling me stupid? What exactly did any PAC team show to be ranked top 25 preseason this year? Last year? Year before? Even this year where’s the quality game play? Their ooc record? You’re better than this man.

This has been laid out extensively before with the composite trends showing the PAC fading as the season progresses.  Every year.  

• Haha 1

On 10/15/2022 at 2:49 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

You don’t think there’s west coast bias? You’re calling me stupid? What exactly did any PAC team show to be ranked top 25 preseason this year? Last year? Year before? Even this year where’s the quality game play? Their ooc record? You’re better than this man.

This has been laid out extensively before with the composite trends showing the PAC fading as the season progresses.  Every year.  

So just to be clear, there is no such thing as East Coast bias, just West Coast bias?

Congrats Woosh, you are probably the only person on earth ever to claim this. 

You continue to dazzle the football world with your knowledge.

On 10/15/2022 at 4:58 PM, utenation said:

So just to be clear, there is no such thing as East Coast bias, just West Coast bias?

Congrats Woosh, you are probably the only person on earth ever to claim this. 

You continue to dazzle the football world with your knowledge.

No, there’s definitely bias on the east coast.  Never said there wasn’t.  It’s  why Miami is always ‘back’ but still sucks and schools like NC State end up preseason top 15 without actually doing anything.  You’re in the crowd that thinks only one bias exists, like a dingus.

On 10/15/2022 at 3:23 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

No, there’s definitely bias on the east coast.  Never said there wasn’t.  It’s  why Miami is always ‘back’ but still sucks and schools like NC State end up preseason top 15 without actually doing anything.  You’re in the crowd that thinks only one bias exists, like a dingus.

You are an absolute board treasure. 

From now on, I’ll look for all the fans and teams on the East Coast/Midwest that are outraged because the rankings heavily and unethically favor the West. 

I had no idea we held all the bargaining chips. 

On 10/15/2022 at 5:41 PM, utenation said:

You are an absolute board treasure. 

From now on, I’ll look for all the fans and teams on the East Coast/Midwest that are outraged because the rankings heavily and unethically favor the West. 

I had no idea we held all the bargaining chips. 

Balance is the key, it’s not all or nothing.  You seem old enough to understand this.

I didn't call you stupid. Show me where I called you stupid.

Dumbass. 

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

On 10/15/2022 at 4:08 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Balance is the key, it’s not all or nothing.  You seem old enough to understand this.

Yes, clearly, your posts are the epitome of “balance”. 

I’m still curious how a real estate hustler like you owns millions in Western properties but knows nothing about the West and probably can’t even name what states are in the West.

I think @Jack Bauer still has a few unanswered questions about your Memphis/BSU claims. 

You are terrible at follow up Woosh. 

On 10/15/2022 at 6:33 PM, utenation said:

Yes, clearly, your posts are the epitome of “balance”. 

I’m still curious how a real estate hustler like you owns millions in Western properties but knows nothing about the West and probably can’t even name what states are in the West.

I think @Jack Bauer still has a few unanswered questions about your Memphis/BSU claims. 

You are terrible at follow up Woosh. 

So I make a statement, back it up with objective evidence.  You don’t like it.  You put words in my mouth, then I give examples of the opposite bias in play then instead of shutting up you counter with cheap platitudes that can’t hold then say I can’t follow up…ok…

• Haha 1

On 10/15/2022 at 4:53 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

So I make a statement, back it up with objective evidence.  You don’t like it.  You put words in my mouth, then I give examples of the opposite bias in play then instead of shutting up you counter with cheap platitudes that can’t hold then say I can’t follow up…ok…

Where are your properties?

On 10/15/2022 at 2:44 PM, utenation said:

I like TCU to win today btw.  Should be a good game.

Had to take some of my mother's niyrogylcerin...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 10/15/2022 at 7:05 PM, utenation said:

Sonny concerns are probably slowing down eh?  OSU came out firing. 

The AD is probably doing some quiet chest thumping at this pt.  Unforunately, no breathers in the Big 12 this year.

2nd largest crowd in school history today.  Not a Sooner or Longhorn in sight.

• Like 1

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

The whole thing with the BCS is it was only as good as the program was with what they wanted the computers to consider. Remember when they had to change formula to take head to head into consideration? I mean the BCS was just as much crap as we have now because it just as easy to change formulas for a computer to consider to get a result as you want as a committee. Just go back to where it was, if there are split champions, which there could still be, then there are split champions to frickin bad.

But going back to an earlier point I also believe they shouldn't do any preseason rankings and probably only the first ratings after the first three or four games of the season because all preseason is what a team did last year and how someone thinks they should do this year and nothing else. Oh USC got the Oklahoma coach so they should be good so rank them near the top where if you watched any of their game this year on TV, they were highly overrated, so I think this is where you could say there was some bias.

I don't remember if I mentioned this here or not but i read an article a few weeks ago that said if Big 10 invited more schools they would get less money than schools under the new contract that was signed. But I also read that only two AD's/Presidents were against further Big 10 expansion the rest were open to it

• Like 1

If not previously posted in this thread, which by now needs its own zip code or telco area code by size.....

...here is PAC dude Wilner's latest. 

The Power Five Implosion

It's a hoot, it is.  Especially this ones. 

The Big 12 could lose a team or two, as well. Kansas would be atop our list of likely departures, followed by Oklahoma State and Houston if the SEC and Big Ten end up as 24-team leagues.

• Haha 2

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

Yes, we’re calling you stupid 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

On 10/15/2022 at 12:05 PM, Pelado said:

Probably doesn't.  I just thought it was interesting.  I could be wrong - it's happened like once or twice before.

The Massey Composite index is pretty good as a consensus ranking for all teams (whereas the AP or Coaches' polls only rank the top 25).  Here's are the current rankings for the future PAC and nBig12 teams with the AP rank in parenthesis:

PAC

• 14 - Oregon (12)
  • 19 - Utah (20)
  • 34 - Washington State
  • 48 - Washington
  • 49 - Oregon State
  • 61 - California
  • 78 - Arizona State
  • 83 - Arizona
  • 90 - Stanford
  • 125 - Colorado

nBig12

• 10 - TCU (13)
  • 12 - Oklahoma State (8)
  • 17 - Kansas State (17)
  • 24 - Kansas (19)
  • 28 - UCF
  • 29 - Baylor
  • 31 - Cincinnati (21)
  • 37 - BYU
  • 39 - Iowa State
  • 41 - Texas Tech
  • 56 - Houston
  • 64 - West Virginia

Now, this is just a snapshot in time and the final rankings for the year will likely look significantly different.  But it's probably the best we have to work with so far this season.

As @NorCalCoug was saying, the nBig12 has better depth than the future PAC this season.  The bottom-barrel teams in the nBig12 aren't as terrible as the cellar-dwellers in the PAC.  There are 4 PAC teams (ASU, UA, Stanford, Colorado) rated worse than the worst nBig12 team (WV).

Additionally, the nBig12 has 9 teams (75% of the conference) in the top 40 of the rankings.  Future PAC only has 3 (30%).

The nBig12 also has the higher-ranked team in either the Massey Composite (TCU - 10) or the AP (Oklahoma State - 8).  The nBig12 has 5 teams currently ranked in the AP while the future PAC has 2.

Any objective observer can see that, so far this year, the nBig12 is better than the future PAC.  That said, there's no guarantee the nBig12's advantage will continue for the rest of this year or into future years.

Updated as of October 16:

PAC

• 14 - Utah (15)
  • 15 - Oregon (10)
  • 35 - Oregon State
  • 42 - Washington
  • 49 - Washington State
  • 76 - Stanford
  • 79 - Arizona State
  • 82 - California
  • 89 - Arizona
  • 116 - Colorado

nBig12

• 8 - TCU (8)
  • 12 - Oklahoma State (11)
  • 18 - Kansas State (17)
  • 24 - UCF
  • 27 - Cincinnati (21)
  • 29 - Kansas (19)
  • 39 - Texas Tech
  • 41 - Iowa State
  • 43 - Baylor
  • 50 - BYU
  • 54 - Houston
  • 57 - West Virginia

The future PAC continues with two AP-ranked teams (Utah and Oregon) while the remaining Big12 has 4 (TCU, OSU, KSU, Kansas) and the nBig12 adds another (Cincinnati).  The Big12 continues to have more ranked teams as well as the higher-ranked teams.

The worst-rated team in the Big12 (West Virginia) is rated better in the composite than the bottom 50% of teams in the future PAC.