Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

On 9/1/2022 at 9:54 AM, utenation said:

You shouldn’t be cheering this on. The last thing you want is Utah football in your conference.  We would whip Houston up, down and sideways every year.  Steal any good recruits you have targeted and take your women too. 

Hell, who knows, maybe the B12 saved their Houston Receipt and could return your school back to the AAC?

If those old AAC fans had to travel to SLC they would never make it out of the airport.  Altitude plus how much you have to walk in the airport means they would wheeled out on a stretcher.  

On 9/1/2022 at 3:32 PM, NorCalCoug said:

I actually think that Houston was a worse add than UCF.  Long term, I suspect UCF is going to be just fine.  They’re in a good market and recruiting hub.  They’re recruiting is already experiencing a HUGE boost.  They have an excellent coach who can get things going there.  They have a large alumni base and massive student body.  They have a lot going for them.  Houston? Yawn….

You should be nice to your soon to be conference mates either way.  

I just don't see you two guys in the same conference, again. 

On 9/1/2022 at 5:59 PM, Wyobraska said:

If those old AAC fans had to travel to SLC they would never make it out of the airport.  Altitude plus how much you have to walk in the airport means they would wheeled out on a stretcher.  

Holy smokes. Sounds like you’ve been to our new airport recently.  You have to bring  your running shoes and pack a lunch to go the 10 miles inside to get to your plane.

On 9/1/2022 at 7:59 PM, Wyobraska said:

Is that like when people say wait til they come to Florida and see what actual 90% humidity at 95 degrees feels like?

On 9/1/2022 at 6:11 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Is that like when people say wait til they come to Florida and see what actual 90% humidity at 95 degrees feels like?

The only reason people travel to Orlando is for Disney World and space shit.  There’s no real football there. 

On 9/1/2022 at 6:07 PM, utenation said:

Holy smokes. Sounds like you’ve been to our new airport recently.  You have to bring  your running shoes and pack a lunch to go the 10 miles inside to get to your plane.

I'm sitting here now waiting for a flight home. It is a journey 

On 9/1/2022 at 6:20 PM, utenation said:

They should have built an indoor shuttle train

Definitely.  And the walkways as slow as hell too.  First time flying in here and getting off the plane in B gates I kept walking and walking and wondering where the hell this journey would end.  It took forever to get to the rental car section. 

On 9/1/2022 at 7:11 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

It feels like Houston.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 9/1/2022 at 7:40 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

You’re going to have to up your game when you come over, both on the field and in your trash talk.  It’s bad.

Thats a funny one, that is...

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 9/1/2022 at 7:42 PM, utenation said:

Mark my words, I won’t ever come to your stadium. 

If you do, make sure your tetanus shot is up to date.

All the rust, you see...

On 9/1/2022 at 5:48 PM, utenation said:

So somehow this makes Wilson’s embarrassing stats better?  Utah has never been known as a QB School. Maybe we should compare number of players sent to the NFL for the last 15 years?

Btw, Tyler Huntley is a better QB as a back up free agent. I wonder if the Jets would like their money back?

Surprising that the Jets haven't traded Wilson for Huntley yet.

On 9/1/2022 at 1:16 PM, Spaztecs said:

That's a geographically tight Conference. And well balanced. Would you play 9 games ? Top two in the CCG.

My dream scenario for a conference would be 9 teams. Play everybody each season and still have four out of conference games. Won't happen, though.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 3:09 PM, AZdogFan said:

My understanding is they don't have conference-specific exit fees but they have a Grant of Media Rights agreement in place so anybody who jumps ship before that expires loses the money they'd have gotten paid out for their media buyout. 

USC/UCLA are in the clear because they're not leaving until the current one expires and definitely aren't going to be signing the new one, but anyone else who leaves after signing is going to leave a chunk of money on the table.

At this point I'm wondering if someone (or a group of someones) from the university level are sandbagging negotiations to see if an opportunity comes along.

Ding Wells GIF by YFTpodcast

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor