Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

On 8/1/2022 at 2:45 PM, Headbutt said:

I think he's getting ready to invite Utah and Boise!

Or, as I said, he's got geography issues.

Utah State, obviously. 

• Like 2

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 8/1/2022 at 4:23 PM, Cleopatra said:

this guy is trashing on San Diego St. and SMU on twitter

@RebelRobert is entertaining and does know how to pimp his School.

His hate for SDSU is off the hook. Did he get denied admission or is he butt hurt that we own them in Basketball and Football ?

• Like 1

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 8/2/2022 at 9:12 AM, Spaztecs said:

@RebelRobert is entertaining and does know how to pump his School.

His hate for SDSU is off the hook. Did he get denied admission or is he butt hurt that we own them in Basketball and Football ?

Yeah, @RebelRobert is a real treasure right? 

You know your case for addition is sunk when all they have is to belittle other schools. I mean shouldn’t UNLV’s merits stand on their own without trying to bash SDSU?

The best is when Rob throws around his football stadium banter. UNLV didn’t pay a dime for that stadium. They let the Raiders, the NFL and tax payers pick up the check. Glorified renters is what they are.

That’s like the poor guy that rents a high end car for a few days, rolling with his buddies telling everyone he’s a high roller. 

Rob has passion but he’s not the brightest bulb on the tree. He’s the Donald Trump of UNLV fans.

On 8/2/2022 at 10:12 AM, Spaztecs said:

@RebelRobert is entertaining and does know how to pimp his School.

I am trying to be nice and posting all over the internet that SDSU should be allowed to come with UNLV to the PAC-12.  I have been supporting and pimping SDSU since the 1990’s as A tag along partner with UNLV, back when SDSU played in the empty Sports Arena with beer stained cushions and lost EVERY SINGLE basketball game. Back when SDSU hired a JC Football coach and were raping every girl on campus, I was still pushing for terrible SDSU to be included.  When miserable Chuck Long was the coach and SDSU was winning 2 or 3 Football games a year, it was RebelRobert sticking up for the joker school that is SDSU.

Now the time finally arrives to go to the PAC-12 and I am being nice and including SDSU in all my images pimping the Aztecs for an invite and what thanks do I get?  Some loudmouth know nothing low life Aztec fans think they are going to start badmouthing UNLV?  When I am being nice and bringing you along out of pity.

Cal State losers you will never be admitted to the PAC-12 now!

Hey_Reb.PAC12.jpg.2441fdbd89a82a3aa8e4d1bdd3afa908.jpg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/2/2022 at 11:40 AM, RebelRobert said:

I am trying to be nice and posting all over the internet that SDSU should be allowed to come with UNLV to the PAC-12.  I have been supporting and pimping SDSU since the 1990’s as A tag along partner with UNLV, back when SDSU played in the empty Sports Arena with beer stained cushions and lost EVERY SINGLE basketball game. Back when SDSU hired a JC Football coach and were raping every girl on campus, I was still pushing for terrible SDSU to be included.  When miserable Chuck Long was the coach and SDSU was winning 2 or 3 Football games a year, it was RebelRobert sticking up for the joker school that is SDSU.

Now the time finally arrives to go to the PAC-12 and I am being nice and including SDSU in all my images pimping the Aztecs for an invite and what thanks do I get?  Some loudmouth know nothing low life Aztec fans think they are going to start badmouthing UNLV?  When I am being nice and bringing you along out of pity.

It seems you've jumped from the timeline where UNLV is relevant. This is not that timeline, mysterious traveler.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 8/2/2022 at 11:40 AM, RebelRobert said:

You sure changed your tune in your tweets.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 7/8/2022 at 7:50 AM, Spaztecs said:

I think most will be okay.

They have survived this long without big tv contracts. A few will struggle without their payday games. 

The FCS, D2 & D3 has survived.

Like the Big Boys, we will probably see a reshuffling of the G5 deck chairs and will have fewer G5 Conferences.

This is the downside of unfettered Capitalism.

It’s not the system it’s the schools.  If they weren’t so greedy they would maintain tradition. They don’t have to take the money etc but they do because the system made growth and wealth possible.  Along with that comes evolutionary change. 

On 10/18/2021 at 10:02 PM, mugtang said:

What if Thompson was playing 4-D chess with Aresco. He dropped that we were looking to expand into Texas and forced the AAC to severally dilute their brand :lol:  

^^^^^^^^^ That post didn't age well.

Mike_Aresco_2016_.jpg?preset=large.story

IF Hair Thompson baited Aresco into taking UTSA, North Texas, and Rice: It's likely going to mean the MWC will be elevating a smorgasbord of FCS schools in the near future, in order to survive the inevitable Pac 12 poaching that's about to happen.

Mike Aresco is smiling wide right now. Even if the AAC loses SMU, he has North Texas covered - and the MWC is about to be severely weakened, soon, which will help solidify the AAC's historical dominance over that NY6 Bowl spot.

The MWC will finally give the Montanas and Dakotas their opening.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

On 8/30/2022 at 11:33 PM, BobcatGoldthwait said:

IF Hair Thompson baited Aresco into taking UTSA, North Texas, and Rice: It's likely going to mean the MWC will be elevating a smorgasbord of FCS schools in the near future, in order to survive the inevitable Pac 12 poaching that's about to happen.

Mike Aresco is smiling wide right now. Even if the AAC loses SMU, he has North Texas covered - and the MWC is about to be severely weakened, soon, which will help solidify the AAC's historical dominance over that NY6 Bowl spot.

maxresdefault.jpg

what was it like MCing nirvana concerts back in the day?...lol

On 8/31/2022 at 12:33 AM, BobcatGoldthwait said:

maxresdefault.jpg

After a quick check, looks like your last 5-6 posts have all had the demise of the P12 included. A bit odd for a “Texas State” fan I think. 

Lots of references to BYU and the B12 as well. 

I knew a guy named stunner that posted the exact same way.  A bitter BYU fan that went out of his way to bad mouth the conference Utah went to. Add in a pinch of MWC hating and you have a stunner soup. 

On 8/31/2022 at 2:33 AM, BobcatGoldthwait said:

maxresdefault.jpg

A new PAC 12 with the top 6-7 MWC schools in it will put a lot of pressure on the aac as it relates to the NY6.   The demise of the PAC is not good for any of the g5 conferences, it is good for the p5 however.  

And here goes the next round of realignment:

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/34492879/sources-fox-espn-open-talks-big-12-conference-next-television-deal

I guess the big question now is how fast does this move? It’ll be interesting to see how Wilner spins this one as apparently this wasn’t going to happen per his sources.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1564950031521701889?s=20&t=y0HlUQ2bP089td2DjB2r7A