Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

On 7/26/2022 at 4:51 PM, sactowndog said:

Don’t see Fresno fans complain about 7:00 pm kick-offs.   It’s the 12:00 noon kick-offs that will kill you.   

On the other hand done a couple late night Nevada games and froze my ass off.  

What about back to back 9am kicks for SDSU so big CBS could have an early lead in their SEC broadcasts ? That shit sucks.

• Cheers 1

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 7/27/2022 at 1:59 PM, Spaztecs said:

People in cold weather locales don't like night games. People in Cali love them cause it gives them more beach time.

On 7/27/2022 at 2:15 PM, sactowndog said:

Haha. In Fresno they love them because middle of the day in September is brutal. 

Early season night games are great.  Late season night games, not so much.

On 7/27/2022 at 1:05 PM, Spaztecs said:

What about back to back 9am kicks for SDSU so big CBS could have an early lead in their SEC broadcasts ? That shit sucks.

That Boise game nearly killed me. Got up at 6AM to make it to Carson by game time.  Started drinking in the parking lot with my retired, alcoholic cousin.  Had my last beer at half time of the SDSU/USC BB train wreck around 10PM in the evening.

As they say:  "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning"

• Sad 1

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 7/27/2022 at 12:59 PM, Spaztecs said:

People in cold weather locales don't like night games. People in Cali love them cause it gives them more beach time.

I wish all Nevada home games could start in the 4-6 o'clock window...perfect timing :cheer:

work or fun in the morning, plenty of tailgating time and home by 10 :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 4:59 PM, Koji Vu said:

It was all good and fun until the Big 10 decided to just grab everybody else, too. 

Edit: In all seriousness how is the Pac 12 supposed to get any TV deal done now that those four schools are back on the Big 10 board. Sucks to be the Pac 12 commish right now.

They're back on the Big 10 board?  Because McMurphy says so?  OK.

• Like 1

So if you watch Warrens address on Youtube, near the end he specifically states that the B1G is now in four time zones.  He specifically states that they are in the Mountain time zone.  Rattled?  Bad at geography?  Somebody like Utah, CU, or Boise in the discussions?

He did say it.  It's a foundation for some great rumors.  Go get 'em tigers!

14 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

So if you watch Warrens address on Youtube, near the end he specifically states that the B1G is now in four time zones.  He specifically states that they are in the Mountain time zone.  Rattled?  Bad at geography?  Somebody like Utah, CU, or Boise in the discussions?

I tried to get through that entire thing myself... it was flat out torture listening to that BS... lol. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 2:10 PM, renoskier said:

they don't "travel" now, they certainly aren't going to Indiana 

As @jdgaucho  put it, for those that do, it will be epic.

West Coast wine and cheese snobs mixing it with beer guzzlin' redneck Klan boys doing tequila shots off of their gf's belly.

What a hoot !

Americans Mayor

On 7/26/2022 at 3:59 PM, Koji Vu said:

It was all good and fun until the Big 10 decided to just grab everybody else, too. 

Edit: In all seriousness how is the Pac 12 supposed to get any TV deal done now that those four schools are back on the Big 10 board. Sucks to be the Pac 12 commish right now.

Seems to me that Kevin Warren said what he did when he did for exactly that reason. But he CAN be trusted. Like with that Alliance thing . . .

Or maybe not.

On 7/27/2022 at 11:36 AM, Headbutt said:

Part of Nebraska is in the Mountain time zone.

• Haha 1

On 7/27/2022 at 5:26 PM, HawaiiMongoose said:

Part of Nebraska is in the Mountain time zone.

😄  It sure as hell ain't Lincoln.

I think he just misspoke, but we don't have enough rumors revolving around all of this.  I thought it would be great if a few more got rolling.

While not realignment rated, UCSB hired Chris Massoletti to be their next men's golf head coach.  Was previously an assistant at UNM and Cal.  

https://ucsbgauchos.com/sports/m-golf/2022-23/releases/20220728klf8oj

Massoletti served as the assistant men's golf coach at the University of New Mexico, where he assisted in coaching the Mountain West Conference Champions in 2019. Along with this accolade, Massoletti coached an individual Mountain West Conference Champion while developing one All-American, six All-Mountain West selections, one Mountain West Freshman of the Year, and six Academic All-Americans.

During his three seasons with the Lobos, the team made it to NCAA Regionals twice. They did not just excel on the green, but the Lobos were phenomenal in the classroom.

Massoletti helped the team have the highest GPA in Division I men's golf, earning them the Academic National Championship by the Golf Coaches Association of America.

2026 is the year this will all shake out.

Notre Dames NBC contract expires in 2025.

The current CFP expires at the end of 2025. What the new model will be, (12, 16, or just the B1G/$EC) will determine final Conference Realignment.

https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/2022/07/08/if-more-realignment-doesnt-happen-this-year-dont-worry-a-lot-will-happen-in-2026/

• Like 1

Americans Mayor

On 7/27/2022 at 5:36 PM, Headbutt said:

Nebraska is in the Central and Mountain time zones.

Just saw someone else note that.

On 8/1/2022 at 3:16 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Nebraska is in the Central and Mountain time zones.

Just saw someone else note that.

Lincoln is not.  Hell, pieces of KS are in the Mtn.  Doesn't mean the B1G has a presence there.

On 8/1/2022 at 5:25 PM, Headbutt said:

Lincoln is not.  Hell, pieces of KS are in the Mtn.  Doesn't mean the B1G has a presence there.

He’s channeling his inner Aresco there a bit for sure, but it was intended to be a shot across the bow to the PAC that the media partners know the PAC won’t have the time zone cornered and aren’t going to pay the PAC for the time slot.

On 7/27/2022 at 5:36 PM, Headbutt said:

I think he's just assuming that the Mountain time zone is jacked and pumped to watch USC and UCLA in the B1G for some reason.

0mK6pGK.png

On 8/1/2022 at 3:37 PM, BoiseStateOfMind said:

I think he's just assuming that the Mountain time zone is jacked and pumped to watch USC and UCLA in the B1G for some reason.

I think he's getting ready to invite Utah and Boise!

Or, as I said, he's got geography issues.