Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

On 6/23/2022 at 4:09 PM, Koji Vu said:

Who could possibly hate a team that fields so many 35 year old freshmen. :lol:

On 6/23/2022 at 4:32 PM, Aztec1984 said:

Well, they do serve on missions...

I was a freshman at BYU as both an 18-year-old and a 21-year-old.  Of course, my hairline made me look like a 35-year-old in both cases.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/24/2022 at 11:02 AM, RSF said:

Interesting, that gives them 11 all sports members, and six in football if I'm counting correctly?

So much for that Texas wing of the WAC.

If I'm the AD of Seattle, GCU or Cal Baptist I'm contacting other local leagues in earnest and figuring out what it would take to find a new home.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 10:16 AM, jdgaucho said:

So much for that Texas wing of the WAC.

If I'm the AD of Seattle, GCU or Cal Baptist I'm contacting other local leagues in earnest and figuring out what it would take to find a new home.

Did the WAC just use up its 9th life?

On 6/18/2022 at 6:07 PM, Wyobraska said:

Arizona schools leaving the PAC messes with their money though because they get so much student enrollment from CA.  It would be a terrible business and money decision.  

Dude no one cares about the students, its all about the $$$$$$$$ and if they got an offer, again not saying they would, but if they did which raises their payout for TV deal by double or triple, you bet your ass they would be gone in a second. Its all about $$$$$$$$ not else matters to the universities which is why in the next 5 years or so you are going to see another split with college athletics.

• Thanks 1

On 6/24/2022 at 11:02 AM, RSF said:

Something had to happen this month for them to change their mind like that. They were at the WAC meetings just last month I think it was coming up with plans for future scheduling and all that so something happened either at that meeting or something and wonder what it was and just a week before joining to.

On 6/24/2022 at 7:24 PM, wolfpack1 said:

Dude no one cares about the students, its all about the $$$$$$$$ and if they got an offer, again not saying they would, but if they did which raises their payout for TV deal by double or triple, you bet your ass they would be gone in a second. Its all about $$$$$$$$ not else matters to the universities which is why in the next 5 years or so you are going to see another split with college athletics.

Enrollment doesn't matter to universities?

On 6/24/2022 at 6:52 PM, Wyobraska said:

Enrollment doesn't matter to universities?

Not in this new world we are in for universities. And if Arizona moved to Big 12 I don't think a lot of their enrollment would hurt as they would still be able to get the same kind of students they do now. 

Sports are driving the bus for these univerties

On 6/24/2022 at 8:57 PM, NewGuy12 said:

lol you seem very upset about that post haha

Not upset at all.  There are two boards for a reason and he knows that.  His post about it on the other side wasn't getting any reaction so he tried over here where it doesn't belong.  

• Like 4

On 6/24/2022 at 3:39 PM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

With the recent ruling On abortion I don't think the PAC or MWC is gonna expand in Texas,  Oklahoma, Montana, anytime soon 

Montana has no abortion law and can't without changing the constitution of the State.  Post this elsewhere but at least be accurate

• Like 3