Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

On 5/2/2022 at 12:32 PM, wolfpack1 said:

This summer there appears to be a potentially conference shakeups for FCS football and other sports

WAC, Southland and Atlantic Sun have had talks about potentially combining into one conference for football for AQ purposes. Another option some conference commissioners have talked about is for those teams who want to go to FBS, to have them go for football only and hold the rest of their sports in the FCS conference, which opens possibility of starting a new conference on FCS level.

Incarnate Word currently in talks about staying in Southland Conference.

CAA athletic directors reportedly have approved Howard to becoming the newest member however still need president's approval for the move to happen, Howard would not join CAA until 2023.

MEAC athletic directors reportedly have approved extending Chicago St an invitation which president's have to approved and currently may not have the votes to invite them.

America East and Northeast Conference are also still looking to expand.

If they do decide to stay could cause a ripple effect where SUU decides to remain in the Big Sky. Personally would like to see a smaller Conference then the bloated one the Big Sky currently has so hope the WAC stays functional. Personally think removing Cal Poly and UC-Davis would help as they're Football only and would fit in pretty well with the current WAC:

WAC:

Cal Poly, UC-Davis, SUU, Utah Tech, SFA, ACU, Tarleton State, UTRGV, *UIW 

(STATES: CA, UT, TX)

Wouldn't be a bad looking Conference at all, creates another Western FCS Conference we could schedule with and would allow the Big Sky to be cut down to 10 teams meaning we could play everyone every year. Rivals such as SUU/Weber State and UC-Davis and SAC State could still schedule each other. Also if Utah Valley ever gets off their ass and starts football (as they really should) would be another team to make the WAC potentially 10 Football playing members.

On 5/2/2022 at 5:27 PM, bigd said:

That was kind of expected from what was reading with questions about their academics and then their AD resigned effective immediately I think on Saturday or Sunday, there is a lot of turmoil there including dropping attendance. 

On 5/2/2022 at 7:59 PM, utgrizfan said:

If they do decide to stay could cause a ripple effect where SUU decides to remain in the Big Sky. Personally would like to see a smaller Conference then the bloated one the Big Sky currently has so hope the WAC stays functional. Personally think removing Cal Poly and UC-Davis would help as they're Football only and would fit in pretty well with the current WAC:

WAC:

Cal Poly, UC-Davis, SUU, Utah Tech, SFA, ACU, Tarleton State, UTRGV, *UIW 

(STATES: CA, UT, TX)

Wouldn't be a bad looking Conference at all, creates another Western FCS Conference we could schedule with and would allow the Big Sky to be cut down to 10 teams meaning we could play everyone every year. Rivals such as SUU/Weber State and UC-Davis and SAC State could still schedule each other. Also if Utah Valley ever gets off their ass and starts football (as they really should) would be another team to make the WAC potentially 10 Football playing members.

I think Southern Utah will stay in the WAC, they want to try to start up baseball again which they gave up when they moved to Big Sky but now its coming down to finances for schools. If SUU saves money joining the WAC that is going to be the major motivator into going for WAC. That was what had Lamar going back to Southland and one of the major reasons Incarnate Word is thinking of staying now, but there are also rumors that not all the schools were on board inviting Incarnate Word either so

On 5/3/2022 at 11:46 AM, thespywhozaggedme said:

you just made my point for me. “Impending” is the keyword. They are currently in the big 12 as much as they are currently in the SEC. Why would they put up big 12 logos now?

Yeah....sure....ok.....  🤣

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 5/3/2022 at 12:49 PM, RSF said:

Yeah....sure....ok.....  🤣

i’ll give you an example. I work in real estate, more specifically, new home construction. Occasionally I will have buyers ask me if they can start moving their things into the house before they close. I have to explain to them that, no they cannot, because until they close, it is not their house. Make sense? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Um, yeah...they've already closed on the house.  They're just waiting to move in....

71-BYIkSz7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 5/3/2022 at 12:42 PM, nvspuds said:

This isn't a real estate deal..

I didnt want to break the news to him....

On 5/3/2022 at 1:42 PM, nvspuds said:

This isn't a real estate deal..

It’s literally the exact same premise, hence my analogy. If BYU is literally putting up big 12 logos in their facilities before they have joined the big 12 it is just like a homeowner trying to move into a house that they have not closed on yet. It is the exact same thing. Tell me how it’s not.

• Facepalm 1

On 5/3/2022 at 12:01 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

It’s literally the exact same premise, hence my analogy. If BYU is literally putting up big 12 logos in their facilities before they have joined the big 12 it is just like a homeowner trying to move into a house that they have not closed on yet. It is the exact same thing. Tell me how it’s not.

Serious question, why do you care so much?  It’s seriously strange.  What is the big deal?

v0icAvfW.jpg

On 5/3/2022 at 11:01 AM, thespywhozaggedme said:

Literally?  BYU is not taking the Big 12 off the market during escrow.  The Big 12 is not worried about having to evict BYU should they become squatters.  There is no possible cloud on the title.  

On 5/3/2022 at 12:06 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

I don’t. This is a message board and found the topic interesting. Is that ok?

A school hanging up a sign for a conference they will be joining in a year is a weird ass thing to find interesting. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1