Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

On 4/23/2022 at 10:48 PM, wolfpack1 said:

We are a California family my immediate family only moved out in 87 but 99% of our relatives and friends are still in California and its nice that you don't know anyone that wants to defund the police, meanwhile I know quite a few that do want to defund the police. Something that doesn't get discussed that much though is what does someone mean by defunding the police? For some it is abolishing the police, for others their mind is taking some money that would be going to the police and shift it to something else such as to help with mental health, to help with more housing things that would help people up and not something left up to the police. Some of my relatives down there believe in that concept of defunding the police but I do believe the sentiment has cooled down much since last summer and I think the extremes in the BLM movement kind of helped that as well.

But there are a lot of loons in California.  

No moreso than anywhere else. They're just a different tyoe of loon.

• Like 2

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 4/22/2022 at 8:05 PM, wolfpack1 said:

Thing is you have to take what you get, and in many areas, including here, we are having a terrible time getting people just to apply let alone pass all the requirements before they are even sent out on the street which can be up to or past a year after you first apply for the job.

Can’t imagine why anyone would think twice about being in law enforcement.  😂 

• Like 1

v0icAvfW.jpg

On 4/12/2022 at 2:27 PM, SalinasSpartan said:

In the post you quoted (and apparently didn’t read) I specifically talked about the desirability for the Pac-12. Believe it or not, the Pac-12 has no interest in a school in Ohio or an inland Florida school. As I noted in the post, “desirability” is irrelevant for Cincy and UCF because the B1G and SEC would have no interest in them, and the ACC would only try to add them as a reactionary move if they are raided first; the ACC isn’t going to initiate anything.

You asserted that no ACC school is leaving before 2036, so I’d get comfy in the Big 12 if I were you, because if UCF does leave the Big 12 it won’t be for a very long time. 

The Big 10 has definitive interest in Florida.  Further state of Florida realignment is certain- as is your assertion of the ACC’s circumstance.  What you miss though is that the PAC is in a similarly worse predicament.  They aren’t in a position to be too picky, no p5 team is going there anymore.  They’ll be leaving.  By the way, speaking of ‘desirability’, ask those that brought up the report the PAC studied that has Houston atop their expansion desirability list who was next on the list after Houston? What you judge to be ‘desirable’ is at best fickle.  This is all moot because I’m happy to be in the big 12 now.  It is a significantly better football conference than the ACC and better in basketball some years too.  Eventually the ACC may come calling but we’ve already made it so I’m blessed where I am.  I can’t believe I’m the one saying this but why were you talking about UCF and Cincy when the talk should be on theoretical shifting between the PAC and MWC. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 4/26/2022 at 12:22 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

They had some good basketball a few years ago.  Nice campus.  Neat part of town.

I guess they have been considering it for a couple of years now but finally got the ball rolling earlier this year on actually doing it.

This summer there appears to be a potentially conference shakeups for FCS football and other sports

WAC, Southland and Atlantic Sun have had talks about potentially combining into one conference for football for AQ purposes. Another option some conference commissioners have talked about is for those teams who want to go to FBS, to have them go for football only and hold the rest of their sports in the FCS conference, which opens possibility of starting a new conference on FCS level.

Incarnate Word currently in talks about staying in Southland Conference.

CAA athletic directors reportedly have approved Howard to becoming the newest member however still need president's approval for the move to happen, Howard would not join CAA until 2023.

MEAC athletic directors reportedly have approved extending Chicago St an invitation which president's have to approved and currently may not have the votes to invite them.

America East and Northeast Conference are also still looking to expand.

On 5/2/2022 at 11:42 AM, ph90702 said:

Is BYU joining the Big 12 for olympic sports starting this year?

No.  2023.  BYU has one more year in the WCC

On 5/2/2022 at 1:26 PM, ph90702 said:

Why are they adding the Big 12 logo then?

Getting an early head start

On 5/2/2022 at 11:42 AM, ph90702 said:

Is BYU joining the Big 12 for olympic sports starting this year?

There was some talk of BYU joining Big 12 in time for this upcoming academic season if BYU paid the $1 million buyout from WCC and then have their football team come in 2023, but Big 12 wanted all their schools to come in at the same time adn BYU thought it would be easier to move all their sports, except men's volleyball, into Big 12 at the same time as well. And have seen schools put those up before joining a conference

On 5/2/2022 at 5:27 PM, bigd said:

Yikes.  As desperate as the MEAC is to stay afloat, it says a lot that they don't want Chicago State.

On 5/2/2022 at 5:57 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

It is a legitimate question though. They are not in the big 12. Why not put up an SEC logo then. It doesn’t make sense.

The way I see it - help me out, @NorCalCoug ? - is BYU is receiving their Big 12 logos early and Billy Nixon, the director of football operations, is measuring where to put them up around their facilities. I see no harm here.

On 5/2/2022 at 7:57 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

It is a legitimate question though. They are not in the big 12. Why not put up an SEC logo then. It doesn’t make sense.

Wasnt aware of BYUs impending SEC move.

• Haha 1

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 5/2/2022 at 7:08 PM, jdgaucho said:

The way I see it - help me out, @NorCalCoug ? - is BYU is receiving their Big 12 logos early and Billy Nixon, the director of football operations, is measuring where to put them up around their facilities. I see no harm here.

I think they did it to make anonymous internet message board posters like@thespywhozaggedme cry.  

• Haha 1

v0icAvfW.jpg