Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

8 hours ago, StanfordAggie said:

First, you should take some deep breaths before you get this worked up over a stupid Internet debate. Second, the point is not that the B1G has no interest in Ga. Tech but rather that the ACC is unlikely to be poached as long as their GOR is in effect.

I think the GOR was a deterrent to poaching the ACC until the numbers that have been floated for the next SEC deal came out.  That kind of money could buy a team out of the ACC if they were to leave for the SEC or B1G.

1 hour ago, BacksThePack said:

16 team Big Pac 12.

WazzU, Boise, Oregon State, Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, BYU, Colorado

Iowa State, Kansas State, Kansas, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, TCU, Houston, Baylor

Would also be a thought. In the AAC's dreams at least. Maybe SDSU could sweet talk their way in over Boise or Houston (flip Colorado to with their old buds)

FYI: WSU is f***** if the Pac 12 dissolves. At least Oregon State is upgrading its facilities... but both schools have no real revenue streams and exist only on the sweet P5 TV deal.  They're heading straight to the the MWC West Division. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

FYI: WSU is f***** if the Pac 12 dissolves. At least Oregon State is upgrading its facilities... but both schools have no real revenue streams and exist only on the sweet P5 TV deal.  They're heading straight to the the MWC West Division. 

Yeah that's what I've realized. It seems like with conference  realignment bottom tier teams like Oregon State and Washington state are in danger of being left out. At least those two teams could finally actually compete in a conference 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gonzagafan2021 said:

Is it possible that some pac 12 leftovers join the mountain west like Washington state and Oregon state?

No. If USC managed to get in the Big 10 they would almost certainly take UCLA or Stanford. Back when the USC to big 10 rumors started it was USC and Texas going. So I doubt anyone has enough value for the Big 10 to invite USC + 1.

The only way the MWC gets a PAC 12 member is if the Big 10 goes to 16 with USC (Stanford or UCLA) and the Big 12 manages to get four, probably Colorado, Utah, and both Arizona schools. Then the ACC would have to take from the Big 12 causing the Big 12 to take more PAC schools. It's just not gonna happen.

I think the ACC is gonna go to 16 as soon as the Big 10 does. The PAC 12 is so full of themselves they probably won't expand and will stay at 10 schools. The Big 12 might expand but they are waiting on the PAC 12 deal and can't do anything else til OU and Texas leave.

16 is the perfect number from what I understand.

4 pods and you play 2 schools from the other pods giving you 9 games a year in conference. Plus teams are guaranteed to play everyone in conference in a four year period.

• Like 1

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

2 hours ago, RebelAlliance said:

I think the GOR was a deterrent to poaching the ACC until the numbers that have been floated for the next SEC deal came out.  That kind of money could buy a team out of the ACC if they were to leave for the SEC or B1G.

If that were to happen today, that buyout number would be in the neighborhood of half a billion for each team.

Even now, the buyout number is an issue for OU and Texas, and its a fraction of that.

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

2 hours ago, RebelAlliance said:

I think the ACC let the academics argument fly out the window when they took in Louisville.

If the B1G wanted Kansas, they'd have already done it.  If the B1G truly has targets, it's some combination of UNC, UVA and Ga Tech to the Southeast or 4 to 6 PAC schools.  I still like the Prestige Worldwide idea of the B1G taking the Cali schools, UO, UW and CU and forming three 7 team divisions with a two-tier playoff (division champs and one wild card).

Knoxville News Sentinel had an article talking about Clemson and Virginia Tech talking to the SEC. The GOR wouldn't matter.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SAMO said:

its the basis for your inane ramblings for starters...lol

Yes. I do meth. I go to that shit hole corner RSF's mother works at when his dad isn't smacking her around and blaming her for having useless children..

You got me.

58 minutes ago, SAMO said:

its the basis for your inane ramblings for starters...lol

You dropped the s.  Left you with 'inane'.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Reverend said:

The GOR doesn't mean anything. And he still hasn't done the world a favor ended it all. That's my problem.

Say what? Poaching a school that has a GOR in place would be completely pointless because all of their TV rights would belong to the previous conference until the GOR expires. That's why Texas and Oklahoma are staying in the Big 12 until the GOR expires. Nobody is poaching a school that still has a GOR until 2036.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanfordAggie said:

Say what? Poaching a school that has a GOR in place would be completely pointless because all of their TV rights would belong to the previous conference until the GOR expires. That's why Texas and Oklahoma are staying in the Big 12 until the GOR expires. Nobody is poaching a school that still has a GOR until 2036.

He didnt get it before.  He wont get it now.

4 hours ago, StanfordAggie said:

OU and Texas had a GOR.

Before Texas and You got poached by the SEC the SEC and Big 10 were all looking at AAC schools. Big 10 up getting Maryland and Rutgers. At the time the Big 10 couldn't get UNC to leave the ACC. The SEC was looking at NC State as well as Clemson and VA tech. It's all online.

I don't know how the GOR works with the ACC now and it doesn't matter. SEC went a different route.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Reverend said:

OU and Texas had a GOR.

Before Texas and You got poached by the SEC the SEC and Big 10 were all looking at AAC schools. Big 1pbendwd up getting Maryland and Rutgers. At the time the Big 10 couldn't get UNC to leave the ACC. The SEC was looking at NC State as well as Clemson and VA tech. It's all online.

I don't know how the GOR works with the ACC now and it doesn't matter. SEC went a different route.

Told ja...didnt get it before, doesnt now...

42 minutes ago, RSF said:

Told ja...didnt get it before, doesnt now...

White trash inbred. Worry about your crack whore trailer park mom and alcoholic abusive daddy instead of being a know it all on the web. It's no secret why you act like you do. No one likes your stupid ass so all you have is this forum. Being a piece of shit all the time has to get tiring. Are you married? I bet that dumb bitch cheats on you constantly because no one wants to be around you. Right? How about kids? Are the ignorant and useless too? You have zero value. No reason for you to exist. White trash garbage.

• OG R-Tard 1

3 hours ago, Reverend said:

OU and Texas had a GOR.

Before Texas and You got poached by the SEC the SEC and Big 10 were all looking at AAC schools. Big 1pbendwd up getting Maryland and Rutgers. At the time the Big 10 couldn't get UNC to leave the ACC. The SEC was looking at NC State as well as Clemson and VA tech. It's all online.

Wow. Do you even know what a GOR is? If not, maybe you should go research the topic before you try to participate in this thread.

Of course Oklahoma and Texas had a GOR. That's why they are not joining the SEC until 2025 after the GOR expires. If they joined before then, all of their TV rights would still belong to the Big 12, which would completely defeat the point of them joining the SEC.

There's a slight question of whether or not a GOR is legally enforceable. Nobody has ever tested this question in court. But most attorneys think it is, and I don't think any conference is going to want to risk having to pay potentially 9 figures to another conference after a GOR is breached. So I think it is very unlikely that the ACC gets raided before its GOR expires in 2036.

2 hours ago, Reverend said:

White trash inbred. Worry about your crack whore trailer park mom and alcoholic abusive daddy instead of being a know it all on the web. It's no secret why you act like you do. No one likes your stupid ass so all you have is this forum. Being a piece of shit all the time has to get tiring. Are you married? I bet that dumb bitch cheats on you constantly because no one wants to be around you. Right? How about kids? Are the ignorant and useless too? You have zero value. No reason for you to exist. White trash garbage.

Wow, you’re a very angry person.

• Like 1