Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

1 hour ago, Spaztecs said:

No, SUDS would not. The upper third of the AAC has been better than the MW since Divisional Play. The Evidence is simple, Four NY6 Bids to One. Better Revenue Bowl Games. 

I am dubious the 2015/2016 Aztecs would have won a "Western Division".

I was being facetious about the Big 12 thing..However, I do believe you would be far happier in the AAC than the MW..Boise is always pissed off so they wouldn't be happier but maybe 1 percent less pissed off..Nah, who am I kidding..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spaztecs said:

How is the AAC Board rolling with the fact that Nine of the AAC current and future members have historical losing records ? And that four of them are in the Bottom 16 ?

I don't know you should ask em...I had a football game to go attend.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

33 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

SDSU does perform better when it is in the same conference as Fresno.

1978-1991 Different Conferences - SDSU win percentage .466

1992 - 1998 Same Conference - SDSU win percentage .531

1999 - 2011 Different Conferences - SDSU win percentage .387

2012 - 2021 (games to date) Same Conference - SDSU win percentage .698

Those are compelling numbers.

They were also in the SCJCC, the CCAA, and PCAA together. SDSU FB mostly sucked until Don Coryell came along.

However, it is still coincidental.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

10 hours ago, Fowl said:

The B1G wants UVA, UNC, Duke, and GA Tech.  They are prepared to wait out the GOR.  They have no interest in Kansas or Iowa St.  I have a really good source on this,  Kansas and Iowa St will never be in the big 10 unless some radical things happen.   

Yup...pretty much an open secret that the B10 was looking South going back to when Delany was B10 Grand Poobah - they would have preferred UT but the Horns wanted to bring along OU, but there was little interest in the Sooners.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

46 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

What caused Kansas to the B1G to fall through ?

It was never going to happen.  Kansas has several things going against it and just two redeemable features (basketball and AAU).  Population, population growth, and football are huge negatives.

2 minutes ago, Fowl said:

It was never going to happen.  Kansas has several things going against it and just two redeemable features (basketball and AAU).  Population, population growth, and football are huge negatives.

This is strictly an opinion, but I think the B10 would have gone for a UT/KU pairing.  KU's biggest issue was that there wasnt anybody to pair with them that the B10 was interested in.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Just now, RSF said:

This is strictly an opinion, but I think the B10 would have gone for a UT/KU pairing.  KU's biggest issue was that there wasnt anybody to pair with them that the B10 was interested in.

I agree.  Just like they would take Duke to get UVA/UNC.  And just like they took Rutgers and MD to get those tv sets.  

8 minutes ago, Fowl said:

It was close to happening back in early August, Someone I know who donates to both Kansas and Nebraska got something from the university asking about how he felt moving to the Big 10 when I talked to him the other day. But things did ultimately break down in the long run but Duke and Virginia have to much power in ACC to move to a new conference

20 minutes ago, RSF said:

Oh yea they were after Texas a few years ago but it goes back not being able to find that second school I think as well and I think that was a major issue for pausing the Kansas move because there is no one else in the Big 12 that would come with Kansas to B10 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Oh yea they were after Texas a few years ago but it goes back not being able to find that second school I think as well and I think that was a major issue for pausing the Kansas move because there is no one else in the Big 12 that would come with Kansas to B10 

Iowa State or Oklahoma State weren't going to be considered into that pair

7 minutes ago, NewGuy12 said:

Iowa State or Oklahoma State weren't going to be considered into that pair

Nope I have heard Iowa doesn't want Iowa St in the B 10 and Oklahoma St I don't think is on their radar. The only conference I have heard them attached to has been Pac-12 and that was possibly part of the deal if Oklahoma and Texas came to P12

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Nope I have heard Iowa doesn't want Iowa St in the B 10 and Oklahoma St I don't think is on their radar. The only conference I have heard them attached to has been Pac-12 and that was possibly part of the deal if Oklahoma and Texas came to P12

Ah I see makes sense. Even speaking of realignment. 365 sports was reporting that there'll be more big 12 news this week. Maybe we'll see SMU, Memphis, Boise, and South Flordia be in the conference 

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, NewGuy12 said:

Ah I see makes sense. Even speaking of realignment. 365 sports was reporting that there'll be more big 12 news this week. Maybe we'll see SMU, Memphis, Boise, and South Flordia be in the conference 

They have been reporting that since Big 12 expanded before, they keep pushing this Chapter 2 when no one else what that is. I mean when the Big 12 commish, Baylor AD (who is head of expansion committee) and Kansas St AD all say the same thing they are not expanding in the near future but they keep hanging onto expansion. The only thing that has been up in the air is when Texas/Oklahoma are leaving and when the others are coming in

16 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

They have been reporting that since Big 12 expanded before, they keep pushing this Chapter 2 when no one else what that is. I mean when the Big 12 commish, Baylor AD (who is head of expansion committee) and Kansas St AD all say the same thing they are not expanding in the near future but they keep hanging onto expansion. The only thing that has been up in the air is when Texas/Oklahoma are leaving and when the others are coming in

Would be cool if either Big12 or B1G Ten can actually live by their name. I think the Big 12 is done expanding 

Related image

34 minutes ago, NewGuy12 said:

Maybe its Lincoln Riley leaving Oklahoma for USC