Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

36 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Now if UT-Arlington is looking to leave Sun Belt, could that be a school MWC has its eyes on to possibly join the conference? I mean let's face it, Gonzaga and Wichita St aren't coming to MWC unless something unexpected happens and still wouldn't count on it until they come in but could UT-Arlington be on their radar?

Disgusted Steve Carell GIF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobo Amor said:

If we were to add some FCS schools NDSU would definitely be on the list.

But that won't happen unless SDSU, Boise and maybe another couple current schools leave the MW so lakesbison should go away until then and hope that in the meantime his team continues to win its games against FBS opponents.

NDSU won't be getting a MW invite but on the plus side for them it will get a bit easier to win the fcs with Sam Houston State and James Madison leaving.

This realignment phase just shows NDSU isn't serious about moving up. If they were serious they would be asking for an invite into the CUSA. Get their feet wet their and then hope a better conference opens up in the future. I guess they prefer to dominate the fcs and have a much more appropriate conference for non football sports. I mean I can't  blame them. I know they would hope they move up and become the next Boise BUT it is also entirely possible they move up and struggle to get must past .500 every year. That would probably hurt attendance over time. Both as they won't be winning as much and they would be playing schools they have less history with. Plus all there other sports are assured to suffer with the move. 

19 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

But that won't happen unless SDSU, Boise and maybe another couple current schools leave the MW so lakesbison should go away until then and hope that in the meantime his team continues to win its games against FBS opponents.

I don't think the MW will add unless they lose more than 4 schools..I also don't think 4 schools will leave.

James Madison to the Sun Belt has the stamp of approval from the Virginia intercollegiate athletics commission.

• Like 1

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Just now, NewGuy12 said:

MWC would probably add Gonzaga 

They would if Gonzaga was actually interested..However, I was referring to football schools..

The NDSU dudes coming around here want a football only invitation..

But..the MW originally had 8 full members.  The best version had 9.

They were happy at 10..USU and SJSU were added to get back to 10 when SDSU and Boise State left. 

Taking them back got the league to 12 kinda by accident.

I think if a couple schools leave there won't be much of an urge to get back to 12.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 11:09 AM, FresnoFacts said:

LOL, the NDSU big boosters supposedly want "only" the MW or Big 12.

But this morning lakebison is now on the AAC board pimping NDSU to that league's fans.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-934250.html

He's also begging CUSA fans for an invite after pretending to be above CUSA on here.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-934162.html

• Haha 1

0mK6pGK.png

Apparently confirmed NMSU, Liberty, SHSU and JSU to C-USA. If MTSU and WKU stay it would be a semi decent Conference:

NMSU, LT, UTEP, SHSU, Liberty, MTSU, JSU, WKU, FIU

STATES: (TX, NM, LA, TN, KY, VA, FL)

Gives them the option to add UMass or UConn as Football only but I still expect them to look at adding 1 more full member school to get to 10 to have even Divisions.

On 11/4/2021 at 8:51 AM, shizzle787 said:

As a UConn fan, I can tell you that UConn is not interested in C-USA. They called us. 

It will be interesting to see what happens to WKU and MTSU. If they stay in C-USA, the league can realistically just add one more all-sports team and call it a day. 

I'm surprised that they weren't interested in easier scheduling for football?  Is UConn looking to build a regional schedule in the NE? 

5 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

I'm surprised that they weren't interested in easier scheduling for football?  Is UConn looking to build a regional schedule in the NE? 

WKU and MTSU decision hasn't been announced.  On Monday people were saying it was close to done for moving to MAC.  UMass and UConn could both join for football only, but my guess is neither will.  As of today,  CUSA is sitting at 9 and could be at 7 if MAC expands.  I am sure 7 schools sounds a whole lot better to the 3 schools that were left.  And if needed,  there are probably plenty more FCS schools that will see dollar signs and access to FBS and bowl games and jump if given the chance.  Evidently,  NDSU isn't interested this time around.  

7 minutes ago, alum93 said:

WKU and MTSU decision hasn't been announced.  On Monday people were saying it was close to done for moving to MAC.  UMass and UConn could both join for football only, but my guess is neither will.  As of today,  CUSA is sitting at 9 and could be at 7 if MAC expands.  I am sure 7 schools sounds a whole lot better to the 3 schools that were left.  And if needed,  there are probably plenty more FCS schools that will see dollar signs and access to FBS and bowl games and jump if given the chance.

I'm thinking C-USA has other FCS schools in the pipe, they're just waiting on WKU and MTSU's decision. Minimum of 1 more add if they stay and 1-3 if they don't. Probably a conflict of deciding between ESPN deal and a more stable Conference vs Exit Fee payout and playing in a Leauge that doesn't support their recruiting/geography somewhat.

If the leave the 3 remaining will be happy, 44 million to split a few ways.

11 minutes ago, alum93 said:

Being with UTEP frees up a football and 2 basketball games.  Hope to continue to see MWC schools scheduled in both sports for OOC.  

I am also happy New Mexico State finally got into a conference. Admittedly CUSA is not much of a conference considering what they have lost however it is  a good thing for NMSU.  I have read that UMass and UConn may be interested in a football only contract with the CUSA.  That might be a disaster for them. 

7 minutes ago, 1066 said:

I am also happy New Mexico State finally got into a conference. Admittedly CUSA is not much of a conference considering what they have lost however it is  a good thing for NMSU.  I have read that UMass and UConn may be interested in a football only contract with the CUSA.  That might be a disaster for them. 

Independence has been a disaster this year for UConn football.  They were outscored something like 136-0 over 6  FBS quarters, and not to ranked teams at the time.  Actually is was Fresno, Purdue, and Army.  Fresno ended up cracking the top 25.  But i doubt they want to play a bunch of schools from the south and west.  

56 minutes ago, utgrizfan said:

I'm thinking C-USA has other FCS schools in the pipe, they're just waiting on WKU and MTSU's decision. Minimum of 1 more add if they stay and 1-3 if they don't. Probably a conflict of deciding between ESPN deal and a more stable Conference vs Exit Fee payout and playing in a Leauge that doesn't support their recruiting/geography somewhat.

If the leave the 3 remaining will be happy, 44 million to split a few ways.

It seems like one thing CUSA does not want to do is add a bunch of non-football schools just to bolster their numbers, and that’s smart IMO. Adding too many non-football schools in a football league just makes things complicated and stunts a leagues potential to grow. I like the moves the WAC has been making, but one reality that complicates things is they have 5 non-football schools. Just getting to a standard 10 school football league means they’ll have this bloated 15 school league for most other sports. If UTRGV actually starts up a football program that’ll be a good thing, but they’d still have 4 non-football members. The SBC only has two non-football members, and now they seem to think even that is two too many.