Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

56 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You are an idiot.  They get a 30% share of media revenue.  And the AAC is stuck in their deal until 2031.  Over the course of their deal a good chance they make less than the MWC, even before they lost their 3 best programs.

The college football world is laughing their ass off at the AAC.

Oh well, good for UCF.  They get to be a bottom feeder in the Big 12 year in year out.

I commend your commitment to being the smartest poster I have met, on this board or anywhere.  Don’t ever change!

WSU's AAC distribution for the 2019-20 year was 1.42 million, according to the Orlando Sentinel.  That is 26% of UCF's 5.35 million distribution for the year.

HMHB has a strange, fact-based way of acting like a know-nothing....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

11 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Their athletic budget has gone up significantly over the last few years.  They do have a good coach and have been putting things together well.  The exposure has helped immensely for them.  It’ll be interesting to see if Dykes keeps his salary (relatively) low or if he keeps syphoning it to his coaches’ pool. He’s due for a raise.

1 for 5 on the facts.  Your batting average is improving.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

5 hours ago, alum93 said:

From an NMSU standpoint,  the fact that MWC stayed at same number of teams is good news in short term.  First, I don't think we would have been invited if there was change.  For the next several years,  MWC schools are helping fill out the indy schedule.  That should continue.  As far as CUSA,  i have no idea if the losses will reach NMSU and/or the WAC.  8 schools are gone it sounds like.  The issue is are more losses still to come.  If so,  could CUSA even survive with NMSU and others?  No idea, but things will probably clear up in next couple weeks.  I think NMSU is in about as good a position as possible for being indy with solid schedules thru 2025 and a stablilized WAC that added multiple Texas schools and the 2 Utah schools.  It's actually a decent men's basketball conference and will be fun for the top 4-5 schools this year.  NMSU has been picked to win it, but we'll see.

I'm hoping everyone in the MWC understands that assisting NMSU with scheduling could be in our long term benefit. 

• Like 2

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

14 hours ago, Billings said:

You do risk missing the last life boat. If Cusa goes away there wont be many openings in the g4.  Add in if fcs schools lose A5 money games over half the fcs teams are in deep dodo

But moving up when you are not ready to do it, can have far lasting impacts

2 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

I'm hoping everyone in the MWC understands that assisting NMSU with scheduling could be in our long term benefit. 

Honestly I feel the same applies to UTEP. Scheduling both of them takes care of two OOC games a year leaving room for a $$ game

4 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Nevada just played a football game against the Raggies a couple weeks ago..Hawaii is playing them twice..

12 hours ago, utgrizfan said:

So I've been browsing the AAC, Sun Belt and C-USA forums and from what I've gathered:

-The Sun Belt has formally reach out to Southern Mississippi. Most are saying it's a done deal and they're headed to the Sun Belt.

-Marshall is waiting to see what develops. They're waiting apparently on if the C-USA will invite JMU and Liberty. If those 2 are invited along with ODU they will become the "Power Block" of the Conference which might convince them to stay. As mentioned before the Sun Belt is also rumored to be looking to add JMU, ODU along with Marshall and USM. Seems to be a race and also may hinge on what Marshall and to a smaller extent JMU wants to do.

-If Marshall stays in C-USA the Sun Belt will try to add 1 more team from WKU, MTSU, LT (Should be noted there is alot of bad blood about these 3 teams) Liberty (apparently some beef between Liberty and C-USA) and JMU. All have been mentioned.

-NMSU has been mentioned as a replacement if the C-USA loses only one more team along with USM. 

-The MAC is only rumored to be talking to MTSU and WKU. Chances are those schools would only move there if and when C-USA implodes.

Marshall is the key to CUSA right now, ODU wants another School close to them, their AD and President has said as much. Per an article from Dodd yesterday CUSA felt they could get commitments from James Madison and Liberty by the end of the month. But at the same time you need to keep the other schools together as well. If let's say Marshall and Southern Mississippi leave to Sun Belt, CUSA needs to add two schools which let's say is Liberty and James Madison decides to move up. Then everyone will see if MAC will want to expand or not so they need to fight that off. Then FIU and UTEP wouldn't be surprised if they are on the island by themselves maybe looking to get out from CUSA in a different way. They might have to end up inviting NMSU for football

These are not the droids you are looking for....

I don’t want to get into the financial details. We never do. But we can support our expansion. - PT Aresco during today's presser.

• Haha 2

So the AAC made its move. Now it works on negotiations for the timeline. While Aresco said relationships with Cincinnati, Houston and UCF have continued to be cordial, that hasn’t exactly been the case. Cincinnati cheerleaders brought out a Big 12 flag at the Sept. 11 game against Murray State, which did not go over well with the AAC (or with some people in the Cincinnati athletic department). Aresco didn’t attend Cincinnati’s game at Notre Dame a few weeks later. The AAC moved the outdoor track and field championships from Houston to Wichita. The three schools have been left out of many meetings.  Aresco hasn’t said much about Cincinnati since the Big 12 announcement. His conference has the No. 2 team in the AP poll. This was the Power 6 dream. In a normal situation, he’d be making all the media rounds and demanding the College Football Playoff committee respect the Bearcats and his conference. Instead, he’s had to deal with finding replacement teams and knowing a potential crowning moment for his league is awkward because of the pending departure.

5 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

It’s not theory, it’s reality.  No more g5 teams are moving up for a long time.  Memphis is going to have to make do.  Good thing for them Is the contract is intact and all advantages they’ve had will continue.  Same with SMU, ECU, usf.  SMU has shown what’s possible with espn backing and extra money.  It’s a sad state if you’re on the outside but the status quo has been solidified at the g5 level.  I feel bad for UTEP and LATech honestly.  The time is now for the MWC to step up and perform.  The best g5 label isn’t won just because another conference restructured, let’s make things happen.  

I would much rather be in the MW with a new contract coming in a few years than being stuck in a deal that continues until 2032 and may be reduced due to loss of advertising revenue.

Once the top teams leave, the AAC will be mostly an ESPN+ league. 

• Like 5

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

56 minutes ago, RSF said:

These are not the droids you are looking for....

I don’t want to get into the financial details. We never do. But we can support our expansion. - PT Aresco during today's presser.

Is that what he said when they signed their new contract with ESPN a year or two ago?

1 hour ago, RSF said:

WSU's AAC distribution for the 2019-20 year was 1.42 million, according to the Orlando Sentinel.  That is 26% of UCF's 5.35 million distribution for the year.

HMHB has a strange, fact-based way of acting like a know-nothing....

@halfmanhalfbronco knows his shit. If he says something I usually except it as fact unless there’s serious reason to doubt it.  He’s earned that with me. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I enjoy being zip tied while watch my wife have sex with strange men.  

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

• Haha 2

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater