Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

18 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

All I've seen in regards to the remaining  AAC schools keeping the same payout, has just been speculative tweets and message board posts.  Has ESPN or Aresco confirmed the money will remain the same for those schools? 

It does make some sense that ESPN told them the dollar amount will remain unchanged if they add six schools and not raid any ESPN conference for expansion.  I just haven't seen anything official.  

I have no doubt that the incoming schools from CUSA will receive reduced distributions at first, and the current schools will benefit from that.  Pretty much SOP.  But if those schools agreed to reduced distributions for the length of the ESPN deal, then their respective boards should be cleaning house.

• Like 2

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Y'all goota think CUSA goan be in deep, deep shit very soon.

I  haven't followed that woebegone conference enough to know why they did but it surely looks like Florida Atlantic, Florida Int'l, Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky effed up badly when they left the Sun Belt for the SUCA conference nine years ago.

1 minute ago, wolfpack1 said:

Conference USA are currently in talks with Liberty and James Madison about joining CUSA which believes if they bring those two schools in, Marshall and ODU will remain with only Southern Mississippi per Dodd at CBS Sports

After trying and failing to buy their way in to a conference Liberty must be LOVING this. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Conference USA are currently in talks with Liberty and James Madison about joining CUSA which believes if they bring those two schools in, Marshall and ODU will remain with only Southern Mississippi leaving per Dodd at CBS Sports

I wonder if Southern Miss would just end up staying also? If they were to still leave for the SBC we would end up with an 11 school SBC and 9 school CUSA, which would be weird. 

1 hour ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

Marshall to the Sun Belt per sources with announcement Monday

https://twitter.com/walterkfriedman/status/1450938375494676480?s=21

Not sure he's a reliable source, but I wouldn't be surprised if Marshall does decide to make that jump.  It's the safest play for them.

On 10/19/2021 at 3:00 PM, Spaztecs said:

Back in the WAC and early MW days they were. The SL sportr journos were thrilled to leave the Jan/Feb roadie to CSU and Laramie the rear view mirror. 

But yet Wyoming and Wyoming media can somehow leave Laramie at least six times as often per season somehow.

• Haha 1

SO who is leaving CUSA besides the 6 to the AAC.  I keep hearing Marshall and So Miss are going to the sunbelt.  Then maybe not.   Watching CUSA try to survive is kind of sad.

3 hours ago, Billings said:

SO who is leaving CUSA besides the 6 to the AAC.  I keep hearing Marshall and So Miss are going to the sunbelt.  Then maybe not.   Watching CUSA try to survive is kind of sad.

Marshall, USM, and possibly ODU to the Belt. 

Take it with a grain of salt, but the MAC might extend an olive branch to WKU and MTSU:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JReecerBGDN/status/1450911710056001539?s=20

Therefore, UTEP, FIU, and LaTech could be homeless by next week. 

38 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

FIU to ASUN, UTEP and LT to Indy with oly's in WAC?

Louisiana Tech with Lamar and Grand Canyon.  Must see tv for sure