Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

7 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

None of those teams move the needle.  There's no way ESPN will compensate the AAC for those additions.  If anything, the media pie money per school will be smaller.  

6 minutes ago, SpaceForced said:

I meant the MWC waited too long to grab some of those Texas schools.

Or we simply decided that it wasn't worth adding a couple more mouths to feed. If this tweet is true, I'm scratching my head a bit. I find it extremely difficult to believe that ESPN wants to pay each of these 14 schools $7 million per year. So I'm thinking that this is a sign that the AAC is about to take a drastic pay cut.

If our TV partners want us to expand into Texas, great. If they don't, also great. Personally I favor doing whatever our TV partners want us to do regrading expansion. If they think that Texas is sufficiently valuable that they will give us enough additional money to at least break even, I'm okay with expansion. But I'm a hard no if it means each school has to accept a lower payout. I would assume that most university presidents feel the same way. So if the MWC is not expanding, I assume that means that it didn't make financial sense to expand. If the AAC wants to dilute their brand instead of us, I'm fine with that as well.

2 hours ago, RSF said:

I'll point out as an aside that right now the MWC has better numbers than the AAC - and that's with UCincy.

https://masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

image.png.ada45572b947f4b2343cfa8ce28312c0.png

There’s a typo in there.  You can even see it in the composites.  AAC is either 5 or 6 depending on source.  MWC is 7,8, or 9.  So something funny happened there.  

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, aztech said:

None of those teams move the needle.  There's no way ESPN will compensate the AAC for those additions.  If anything, the media pie money per school will be smaller.  

But they got the Dallas-Ft. Worth, San Antonio, and Houston metro areas covered!  LOL.

3 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

There’s a typo in there.  You can even see it in the composites.  AAC is either 5 or 6 depending on source.  MWC is 7,8, or 9.  So something funny happened there.  

You might want to actually click on the link if you are going to be that obtuse.

• Like 1

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

All 6 of those schools are in mid to large cities.  Thats all they have.  PT is desperate and trying to draw to an inside straight.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

4 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

So you post something wrong and I’m the obtuse one, ok.  

Its not wrong if you actually read it...and passed 7th grade math.

27 minutes ago, SpaceForced said:

Looks like some of the teams we wanted are applying to the AAC.  Looks like we waited toooo long.

HOW do you know we were not in contact?   From what I know about these Texas schools they tend to want to stick together.  Only TCU wanted to separate from that group to better new/build a brand.  The rest like a lot of other Texas schools around them.

Just now, Billings said:

HOW do you know we were not in contact?   From what I know about these Texas schools they tend to want to stick together.  Only TCU wanted to separate from that group to better new/build a brand.  The rest like a lot of other Texas schools around them.

There probably was contact.  I don't like that the MWC got squeezed out of Texas by Aresco.  

• Like 1

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

3 minutes ago, UNLVFan90 said:

I don’t believe SMU is happy with these additions and contrary to what people say I don’t believe they are close to the Big 12 radar with TCU there. Hair should be going hard for them ASAP.

Excellent point.

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

2 minutes ago, SpaceForced said:

There probably was contact.  I don't like that the MWC got squeezed out of Texas by Aresco.  

there is a group mentality to this though.     They do truly like to all stay together if they can.  No way we were inviting more than 2.   WAC went to 16 to keep a large group of Texas 2nd tier teams together.   Only TCU seemed to break out of that group.

18 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

The MW was ranked higher last week too.

Those typos just keep coming.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 minute ago, Billings said:

there is a group mentality to this though.     They do truly like to all stay together if they can.  No way we were inviting more than 2.   WAC went to 16 to keep a large group of Texas 2nd tier teams together.   Only TCU seemed to break out of that group.

The Texas schools split when the SWC cratered.  Houston went to CUSA.  And when the WAC split TCU left Rice and SMU.  There really isnt much of a group mentality.  And the G5 schools today are split as well.  Its every school for themselves.

2 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

The MW was ranked higher last week too.

Those typos just keep coming.

He just doesnt know what a 'mean' is.

• Like 1