Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

11 minutes ago, wolf from 73 said:

CT has made public statements that we are looking to get into Texas and that a number of schools have made a case for joining the Conference. It would seem that fans of these schools would inform us about their schools strengths as additions and can't resist a shot at their competition. You do what you gotta do to win the prize.

He has said they are looking at expansion candidates but just gathering info..I was making a joke about the smack talk between the Texas school..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

He has said they are looking at expansion candidates but just gathering info..I was making a joke about the smack talk between the Texas school..

I got the joke and chuckled. CT “It’s an ongoing, literally daily, conversation that we’ve had with a number of institutions that are presenting a case that they would have an interest in joining the Mountain West Conference,” 

35 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Gonzaga! Now were talking. I listened to the Pod Cast and got the sense that we might already be in talks with Gonzaga. CT's usual style if we were not would be to say that we are open to looking at that if Gonzaga showed interest. But his response seemed shocked that he was asked the question and didn't know what to say other than times up I gotta go. Last time we talked with them he let the cat out of the bag to early and got burned for it.

14 minutes ago, wolf from 73 said:

Gonzaga! Now were talking.

AF supporters and fans like myself wanted nothing to do with going to the AAC.  Those Zag fans and supporters feel the same way about the MWC.  I don't see this move happening.  

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

1 hour ago, nvspuds said:

Were the MW to add schools at this time would this change the minds of the schools who want to leave?  My guess is no..

If the MW just rolled with the members they have now, would this change the mind of the schools who want to leave..my guess is no.

If the conference contracted, would that change the mind of the schools who want to leave..Gotta go with no

If Thompson were fired this afternoon, would that change the mind of the schools who want to leave...not bloody likely..

The MW has lots of schools who just don't want to be in this conference..

I like the MW and I am not looking to see it shredded but I am not sure how many schools feel the same way..

I think for the first time in a long time, if ever, all 12 schools see the MW as their best fit unless they get promoted to P5.  That wasn't the case before.  

Hopefully more can now be done with the league but that remains to be seen. 

I don't fault any school here for trying to get into the P5 either.  

I'd like to see the MW schools work together more now, especially in regards to academics.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

I don't like the scoreboard for them though.  That is a bad team.  They need a coaching change. 

Agreed, reading their boards, they all want the coach fired. They claim to be able to drop 1.2 - 2 Million on a new coach so that's something.

Embarrassing showing for the Mean Green. Unfortunately we’ve once again fallen into the age old trap of paying for past success. This coach was actually a hire of our last AD, who didn’t have a stellar hiring reputation. SL found a diamond in the rough in Mason Fine and hasn’t been able to find a QB since. Pretty typical problem, but here’s to hoping for better luck with the next coach. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GoMeanGreen1 said:

Embarrassing showing for the Mean Green. Unfortunately we’ve once again fallen into the age old trap of paying for past success. This coach was actually a hire of our last AD, who didn’t have a stellar hiring reputation. SL found a diamond in the rough in Mason Fine and hasn’t been able to find a QB since. Pretty typical problem, but here’s to hoping for better luck with the next coach. 

If you guys get invited to the MW, I hope you grab Dino Babers if he is let go at Syracuse

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BSUFiend said:

Listening to the podcast, I don't get where the title came from.  But doing my part to get to 300

Could you provide a condensed Reader's Digest version?  I don't want to give up 20 minutes if the conclusion is it is inevitable Boise is going to the Big 12.  We have heard that prediction before..