Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

3 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

I think Temple is nervous because they have for many years pushed their athletics around mostly because of their football. Now would AAC for example let someone keep all their sports there while letting them play basketball in another conference? 

At this moment in time, with losing Houston and Cincinnati for basketball and with Temple having success in basketball would AAC let them go? To me the only school from AAC that would make sense is Wichita St.

Was adding UConn a special case because of the history with the Catholic schools or does a school not have to be a religious institution to be a member? Because if no, then you're probably right. Wichita State would be a good add. But aside from Creighton there isn't much History there.

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

2 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Butler is not a Catholic School

I know it's private. No idea it wasn't a Catholic school. Quick search says it was created by a church. The United States has all kinds of different religious groups and churches. I don't know how you fellas keep up with it all.

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

7 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Butler is not a Catholic School

Butler is private and in a big city, so its still a fit.  UConn has the history with the conference.  My guess is they would consider publics w/o football, hence Wichita State (or perhaps George Mason), but the 1st calls would probably be to Duquesne, Dayton and St Louis - all urban Catholic schools.  Ok...Dayton isnt exactly the big city.  Loyola falls into the same category as Temple - they would be doubling up in Chicago.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, Reverend said:

Was adding UConn a special case because of the history with the Catholic schools or does a school not have to be a religious institution to be a member? Because if no, then you're probably right. Wichita State would be a good add. But aside from Creighton there isn't much History there.

I think adding UConn was because the history they had with Big East conference, and after they formed, I read somewhere UConn had an open invitation if they ever considered moving form the AAC. Don't know if that was the case but it would make sense

I think the private school was key when they formed as they all had something in common. I think Wichita St is really the only choice from AAC they would look at and out of the Atlantic 10 there aren't that many choices. To me, Dayton, UMASs and St. Louis

6 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

I think the private school was key when they formed as they all had something in common. I think Wichita St is really the only choice from AAC they would look at and out of the Atlantic 10 there aren't that many choices. To me, Dayton, UMASs and St. Louis

How about St Bonaventure?

Just now, wolfpack1 said:

I was thinking about them to honestly but they haven't had a good track record though

Not so much lately but they do have some history.  They are currently playing in an excellent BB conference and they are the favorites this year..I would say their biggest drawback is they are in a small town in upstate NY.

1 hour ago, nvspuds said:

Not so much lately but they do have some history.  They are currently playing in an excellent BB conference and they are the favorites this year..I would say their biggest drawback is they are in a small town in upstate NY.

No I agree with this, I think the last couple of years they finally found the right coach and things are coming together for them. But I agree with this

Mountain West or AAC?  

A poll on the North Texas board seems to strongly prefer the MW                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             60 members have voted

1. 1. Mountain West or AAC?

9 minutes ago, wolf from 73 said:

Mountain West or AAC?  

A poll on the North Texas board seems to strongly prefer the MW                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             60 members have voted

1. 1. Mountain West or AAC?

peeple in hell want ice water 2...lol

7 hours ago, Reverend said:

Saw this coming a mile away. So who fits? Gonzaga is the obvious answer but what about Kansas? Probably not Kansas but I bet Gonzaga  will get an invite.

Could be a major blow to the A10 

Related image

18 hours ago, AztecSU said:

I recently projected that SDSU would be approaching R1 status around 2030. Then this came out, see link. Apparently the school is gearing up for R1 by 2025. The article also documents the origin of the CSU/UC dividing line. I'm guessing the 2025 target date is no accident.

https://www.eastvillagetimes.com/the-roots-of-sdsus-exclusion-from-the-pac-12/

image.png.1962203342ee2d061b947fa43d00be6d.png

I read the article yesterday as well. Interesting to note is that SDSU has Doctoral program arrangements with every School in the UC system but one.

UCLA

To me, that is further evidence SC and the Uclans will never allow the Aztecs into the Pac. They have always considered SD their backyard and don't want the competition. Hell, except for qb and wr we are out recruiting and out performing them now.

• Like 1

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

18 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

If the Mountain schools want Central Time Zone schools, how do we balance divisions?  Closest to the west in the Mountain is Boise, and I wouldn't doubt if they would like to get back with Fresno and Nevada.  Do they become the west. Or do we do a north-south that effectively doesn't really help the Mountain schools get their CT annually?  This is assuming the school(s) are in TX.  Or do we try what the ACC and even worse the Big Ten's original divisions tried?

Champions and Legends. Our Champions Division would only have four teams.

:rimshot1:

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor