Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

24 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

I just don't see any school giving us value of anything right now, and having the schools take less money for now would be counter productive for making a move. I have seen and heard that UTSA is in the middle of a budget crunch, but their basketball arena needs a upgrade so doesn't look like a WCC school, they need a football stadium, and don't really know the rest of their facilities. I guess with North Texas would could take a chance on them as they have shown on the football field and basketball field, they can win.

But none of those schools would move the needle. There was a fight when doing the divisions before I would image there could be a bigger one adding those schools. Having SDSU, Fresno St, Boise St all in the same division so you possibly could have your best schools in one division beating up on each other while a eastern division could be really bad. 

I think the plan is to do away with divisions for just that reason,,

3 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

UNR should be in your B Block. As such, Boise is the conference's version of Joe Manchin.

On your final point, I would think that if the MW added UTEP, the Minors (correct spelling) would be in the A Block. Same result if the MW added Tulsa. UNT, Tex. State and/or UTSA, who knows.

Yea, Nevada has more history & rivalries in the West group.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

I think the plan is to do away with divisions for just that reason,,

I think the NCAA dictates divisions unless you play a round robin schedule. However does the championship game have to be division champs or can it be the best two teams?

2 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

I disagreed strongly with his hair do choice, if that helps the debate any..

I don't really care what another guy looks like. If you weren't interested in the topic why even bother? Do you know who the guy is at least? I've never heard on him but he has been on several podcast already.

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

Just now, Reverend said:

I don't really care what another guy looks like. If you weren't interested in the topic why even bother? Do you know who the guy is at least? I've never heard on him but he has been on several podcast already.

Never heard of him..I have no opinion one way or the other about what he was talking about..

33 minutes ago, Reverend said:

Saw this coming a mile away. So who fits? Gonzaga is the obvious answer but what about Kansas? Probably not Kansas but I bet Gonzaga  will get an invite.

Gonzaga would be a no brainer if they were closer.  Do they make sense being that far away from the rest of the league?  I guess it will depend on how much their next TV contract is worth but I would doubt it. 

Kansas makes zero sense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reverend said:

Worth a listen if you're a Boise fan or hater.

https://youtu.be/Vm13laCeh0o

I used to watch him on You Tube, he is a big Big 12 guy, regularly disses on other conferences, doesn't like Texas, he works or does something for Kansas St. And if you want him to answer your question during his streams you need to donate to his channel. 

6 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Gonzaga would be a no brainer if they were closer.  Do they make sense being that far away from the rest of the league?  I guess it will depend on how much their next TV contract is worth but I would doubt it. 

Kansas makes zero sense. 

The targets - should they decide to expand - will come from the A10 (multiple schools) and AAC (Wichita).  IMO

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

8 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Kansas makes zero sense. 

Yeah I know. Twitter is buzzing for Kansas right now. However, how about Temple? Temple seems to be a bit worried Bout the AAC. Not really sure of any other Catholic schools they could invite. Richmond and Dayton would be good adds for them though.

3 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Kansas makes zero sense. 

Big East had some run arounds with Gonzaga once before but location was a hinderous for the Big East. You never now thought Creighton could push for Wichita St for travel purposes. But they could look and say we are good and just stay pat

12 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

I used to watch him on You Tube, he is a big Big 12 guy, regularly disses on other conferences, doesn't like Texas, he works or does something for Kansas St. And if you want him to answer your question during his streams you need to donate to his channel. 

I know who Kurtz is. RSF disagrees with anything that comes from his channel regardless of who he has on it. Kurtz went from whining about how unfair the Big 12 was getting treated to normally bashing other conferences, especially the PAC 12. But I'm wondering about the stats guy. I see this guy everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Reverend said:

Yeah I know.  It Tsittsr is buzzing for Kansas right now. However, how about Temple? Temple seems to be a bit worried Bout the AAC. Not really sure of any other Catholic schools they could invite. Richmond and Dayton would be good adds for them though.

I think Temple is nervous because they have for many years pushed their athletics around mostly because of their football. Now would AAC for example let someone keep all their sports there while letting them play basketball in another conference? 

At this moment in time, with losing Houston and Cincinnati for basketball and with Temple having success in basketball would AAC let them go? To me the only school from AAC that would make sense is Wichita St.

1 minute ago, wolfpack1 said:

I think Temple is nervous because they have for many years pushed their athletics around mostly because of their football. Now would AAC for example let someone keep all their sports there while letting them play basketball in another conference? 

At this moment in time, with losing Houston and Cincinnati for basketball and with Temple having success in basketball would AAC let them go? To me the only school from AAC that would make sense is Wichita St.

Temple's problem going to the Big East would be Villanova.  Why would they double up in Philly?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 minute ago, Reverend said:

I know who Kurtz is. RSF disagrees with anything that comes from his channel regardless of who he has on it. Kurtz went from whining about how unfair the Big 12 was getting treated to normal bashing other conferences, especially the PAC 12. But I'm wondering about the stats guy. O see this guy everywhere.

This is my personal view on him, he is sometimes entertaining to listen to, seems more like fan than anything else, but maybe take a grain of salt with him. He does sometimes just says the same thing you see on twitter, and again from my point of view, I think his best thing is analyzing the games that happened in the Big 12 that happened that weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1