Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, he DM'ed me in private before Jeff deputized me to take care of the sock situation.  I referred him to Happy.  I asked him not to leave but it was not fun for him and if it is not fun, than what is the point right?  This is all supposed to be fun.  It's why I decided to leave Bronco country a few nights ago, it was not fun for me anymore, the place was toxic and filled with double standards on what was allowable.  

At least he did not do a big good bye cruel board thread and wanted his exit to be drama free.  Only reason I am even bringing it up is so people know he is not avoiding the board for fear of being "wrong".  

It was too bad he took himself so serious.  People tend to be harsh but in my knowledge the harshest are the people who know the least.   In my opinion half the board is on the spectrum to some extent so no point in getting upset.  

• Haha 2

On 9/30/2021 at 12:50 PM, Texas11 said:

What do you guys think of an eastern MWC wing?

UTEP, UNT, UTSA, Rice, LaTech

I've read from a couple of articles claiming that UNT and Rice are the @1and 2 targets should we expand because I don't think SMU would move. Exit fee to much for a push on income. I think Rice is a huge mistake but would like UNT and UTSA. Along with BB only Gonzaga. Wichita St and New Mexico or Grand Canyon.

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, he DM'ed me in private before Jeff deputized me to take care of the sock situation.  I referred him to Happy.  I asked him not to leave but it was not fun for him and if it is not fun, than what is the point right?  This is all supposed to be fun.  It's why I decided to leave Bronco country a few nights ago, it was not fun for me anymore, the place was toxic and filled with double standards on what was allowable.  

At least he did not do a big good bye cruel board thread and wanted his exit to be drama free.  Only reason I am even bringing it up is so people know he is not avoiding the board for fear of being "wrong".  

Unfortunate.  I enjoyed reading his posts and thought he had some interesting insights even if I didn’t always agree with him.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Just curious what elementary school did you go to.  Did you know James Kohlar or Matt OMalley? 

No.

La Jolla Elementary and Muirlands JH. Moved to PH my junior year of HS.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

FWIW he told me who his "source" was a while back, and that individual would indeed have a better insight into the going ons of conference realignment than most.

He just took himself way to seriously and could not have fun with it all.  Oh well.  Hope he comes back at some point.  

And that is the key I think @halfmanhalfbroncoyou can't take yourself to seriously because then it could be a slippery slope. He offered some insight on things, but I think he went overboard to where it was like an insult when we started asking questions. He did try to take a step back, but then went that way. I wouldn't mind having him comeback, and just have fun with things here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

MWCboard is not for those with tender feels.  You need to be able to take some amount of shit, especially if you are going to dish it or do the "told ya so" thing.  I liked him, too.  Oh well.

That is my moto with things, if you dish it you need to be able to take it. I have people on boards I do that with, i give them shit, they give me shit and we have a good time with it because we know its all in good fun

3 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

And that is the key I think @halfmanhalfbroncoyou can't take yourself to seriously because then it could be a slippery slope. He offered some insight on things, but I think he went overboard to where it was like an insult when we started asking questions. He did try to take a step back, but then went that way. I wouldn't mind having him comeback, and just have fun with things here

Yeah, but can he have fun without the need to always be "right?"  That's his challenge...

Just now, ripple effect said:

Yeah, but can he have fun without the need to always be "right?"  That's his challenge...

And that is the key, that is why just take a few steps back and have fun with it. Sometimes just good to get a what if discussion going. You know what if, MWC extends an invite to Wichita St for their Oly sports? What if monkey's flew out of so and so's butt what would happen? You know things liek that

2 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

And that is the key, that is why just take a few steps back and have fun with it. Sometimes just good to get a what if discussion going. You know what if, MWC extends an invite to Wichita St for their Oly sports? What if monkey's flew out of so and so's butt what would happen? You know things liek that

Madonna is still working on that angle, I think... 

Aresco started to believe his own bullsh1t.  He thought he could crawl into bed with espn as anything other than a disposable pawn.  When the Hateful 8 stuck together and spurned the move to tear the conference apart solely so that OUT could get out early without a payout, he set Bowlsby on a path of destruction.  Had he stayed neutral, the B12 may very well have looked at at least one MWC school, instead they were hellbent on leaving the ACC like a soiled, deflated plastic +++++ doll.  And now Mr. P6 is more like this:

giphy.gif

23 hours ago, BSUFiend said:

Now I really am curious who MWC could potentially add with this implosion of AAC..  Tulsa/SMU?  Gonzaga/WSU?  Time to go shopping

If football success is key, FCS powerhouse North Dakota State could be a potential option for the Mountain West.    

Craig Thompson

11 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

bronco country is a cesspool and echo chamber

bsu%252520mwc%252520logo.jpg

11 hours ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

Unfortunate.  I enjoyed reading his posts and thought he had some interesting insights even if I didn’t always agree with him.

Agreed..  he seemed to get bent out of shape if not everyone agreed with him.  But it's a public forum, you're never going to have *everyone* agree with you.  Hell people troll just to see if they can get a rise out of a random internet person for poops and giggles.  I thought he had good insight.

18 minutes ago, BSUFiend said:

bronco country is a cesspool and echo chamber

I like a lot of the posters there but good god, some maniac can spout inaccuracies non stop on every thread and sneak in political conversations every other post and that's cool.  Call him out on it though and oh boy...

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I like a lot of the posters there but good god, some maniac can spout inaccuracies non stop on every thread and sneak in political conversations every other post and that's cool.  Call him out on it though and oh boy...

hate random political drops in a sports forum.  For many its an escape from that

• Like 3