Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

How many more members would need to leave the AAC for them to be able to vote to dismantle the conference?  If the MW adds Memphis, SMU, Tulsa and one other that would leave them with only 4 football members.  Could the 7 vote to disband?  It would save everyone a lot of exit fees.

2 hours ago, BSUFiend said:

Now I really am curious who MWC could potentially add with this implosion of AAC..  Tulsa/SMU?  Gonzaga/WSU?  Time to go shopping

I would look at schools that I normally would give two shits about, like Tulsa, just to make the AAU weaker and for perception.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

5 minutes ago, BSUFiend said:

They don't seem to get that AFA/CSU got internal pressure from boosters and have some CBS conspiracy at play

It's enjoyable to read, when they all think they are media contract experts.  Come on man....  

22 minutes ago, BSUFiend said:

They don't seem to get that AFA/CSU got internal pressure from boosters and have some CBS conspiracy at play

I dunno...I am heavily involved in media and even have experience in sports media.

While it would need to be confirmed, I would guess that CBS wants to "keep what they bought". And they certainly don't want Boise State and SDSU to start getting wandering eyes.

While it may not mean extra cash for short term for anybody, it easily could be better exposure/time slots and maybe even a better future cash deal when things are renegotiated.

I mean, c'mon, Boise State and Utah State just played a game that started at 10AM (Mountain) to get primary CBS exposure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BacksThePack said:

Lousiana, UAB, Coastal Carolina, App State to AAC now surely.

Also maybe FAU or Marshall

Perhaps or Aresco goes to ESPN and convinces them to add a western 8.   We know ESPN is pulling the strings.   

I don’t think a full western 8 is completely off the table yet.   ESPN is going to need more western content.  Let’s assume the CSU’s are working as a Bloc:  

that gives you: SDSU, Fresno, SJSU

lets assume UNLV says yes too though UNLV and Reno could be a block.   That gives you 5 with the option to add Boise, CSU and AF still.   

It’s why if I’m the MWC I shift the term sheet to a Performance Bonus and look to push the AAC east of the Mississippi and ideally east of the Appalachians. 

CBS has the 2:30CT/1:30MT time slot opening up in a couple years.

just a reminder....

• Like 2

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

45 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

It's enjoyable to read, when they all think they are media contract experts.  Come on man....  

it doesn’t take a media expert to get that ESPN is loosing its western property in BYU (I think the Big 12 took them to F ESPN) and don’t have enough programming for the 7:00 pm time slot.  

they are likely to do something.  We shall see what their plan B is.   They are shady SOB’s.   

B12 did not take BYU to F ESPN.  They took BYU because they were the best program available.  The B12 and ESPN are still in business because that's what this is - business.

And ESPN still has the P12, and just got the NHL.  Losing 6 BYU games isnt going to leave a gaping hole in their Saturday lineup.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

22 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Perhaps or Aresco goes to ESPN and convinces them to add a western 8.   We know ESPN is pulling the strings.   

I don’t think a full western 8 is completely off the table yet.   ESPN is going to need more western content.  Let’s assume the CSU’s are working as a Bloc:  

that gives you: SDSU, Fresno, SJSU

lets assume UNLV says yes too though UNLV and Reno could be a block.   That gives you 5 with the option to add Boise, CSU and AF still.   

It’s why if I’m the MWC I shift the term sheet to a Performance Bonus and look to push the AAC east of the Mississippi and ideally east of the Appalachians. 

SDSU, SJSU, FSU, UNR, UNLV, BSU, CSU, AFA...that's just the Mountain West. If ESPN wants it, they'll bid when contracts are up.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Brew_Poke said:

SDSU, SJSU, FSU, UNR, UNLV, BSU, CSU, AFA...that's just the Mountain West. If ESPN wants it, they'll bid when contracts are up.

They may not want to wait that long.  They can just take it as a western division if they really wanted.  

though I’m guessing they would prefer: 

SDSU, Fresno, Hawaii, UNLV, Boise St., New Mexico, AF, Colorado State

4 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Lets assume UNLV says yes too though UNLV and Reno could be a block.

Especially with Sandoval now school Prez for Nevada, I absolutely believe Nevada and UNLV are a block going forward.

I also think it’s interesting that Norvell wants Boise St to be a 2nd annual rivalry game for us. I don’t disagree in the slightest.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

Now…SMU, Tulsa, UTSA, Memphis (or a 4th from Texas). Here we go. I still think we need to expand.

I wouldn’t be opposed to going SMU, UTSA, Army, Navy, either.

• Like 2

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

13 minutes ago, bornsilverandblue said:

Especially with Sandoval now school Prez for Nevada, I absolutely believe Nevada and UNLV are a block going forward.

I also think it’s interesting that Norvell wants Boise St to be a 2nd annual rivalry game for us. I don’t disagree in the slightest.

Outside of Reno and maybe Sparks Sandoval no longer controls anything. I would take that new rivalry game so you have something for an annual game. After the next western realignment UNLV may give Reno a 2 for 1 with games every other or 3rd year. Handwriting meet wall.

• Haha 2