Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

6 minutes ago, uteAggie said:

I think a PAC invite for SDSU and maybe even Fresno is inevitable.  I think there will be a day when USC joins an SEC type of super conference, along with Oregon and a few more.   

Probably Washington and Stanford as well. Then and only then do the PAC remnants cast a net over the MW for the better programs.

Yes, SDSU and Fresno would be nice fits even as CSU/ R2 schools. Nevada and Boise as travel partners. Some have argued for UNLV because of it's market and soon to be R1 status. 

Sadly, the MW becomes the WAC 3.0. They will be forced to invite NMSU/UTEP, NDSU and some other FCS wannabes, just to survive.

• Cheers 1

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

20 minutes ago, uteAggie said:

Yep, I think that's the message being sent here, a simple shot across the bow of the AAC 

Yeah the AAC lost its hype when the Big XII expanded and took their top talent. I believe they are now just waiting on the future developments. MWC>AAC=CUSA. It’s simple math.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RSF said:

20 people is twice as much as 10.   Thought I'd point that out.

And a search doesnt indicate a fan.  I could do a search for the Rocket City Trash Pandas.  Doesnt make me a fan.

Other than that....

Have you searched for the Rocket City Trash Pandas though? What about a consistent basis over 5 years? You have to admit people having interest in a team is a valuable thing to have. You only search if you’re interested. 

If 10 people are searching for 75% of the MWC maybe you really do need us 😉

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Bizon said:

Have you searched for the Rocket City Trash Pandas though? What about a consistent basis over 5 years? You have to admit people having interest in a team is a valuable thing to have. You only search if you’re interested. 

If 10 people are searching for 75% of the MWC maybe you really do need us 😉

No, I dont.  Because no it isnt.  LEVEL of interest is valuable.  That chart does not track level of interest.  Just the number of searches.  Someone could track ** name the team ** 10x a day just for information.  Doesnt mean anything if that's all they want.  So it is useless in that regard.

And if 20 people are searching NDSU, no they dont.

• Troll 1

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, jewelz4562000 said:

Getting bored. Need something to happen. We are on like 55 pages of arguing over North Dakota State and Montana now.

A presence in North Dakota would be worth the MWC's time, just for this.

"Squirrel stores thousands of nuts inside man's parked truck."

https://local12.com/news/offbeat/squirrel-stores-thousands-of-nuts-inside-mans-parked-truck-north-dakota-storage-bill-fischer-engine-compartment-black-walnuts-cleanup-gallons-chevy-avalanche

• Like 1

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

"particularly Boise State, which is considered by analysts the most valuable television property not currently in a Power Five league." 

https://autos.yahoo.com/autos/top-bottom-conference-realignment-gripping-100149648.html

@Did I hear a WOOSH?@Jack Bauer 

Weird they did not mention Memphis huh....

Props to @bsu_alum9 for the find.

Et tu, @Did I hear a WOOSH??

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Funny enough that kid was allegedly a complete bad ass.  There was a rumor he beat up two guys at once in a bathroom or something for making fun of him.

I wouldn’t mess with someone dressed up like that in a public bathroom on any non-Halloween day.  That’s just asking for an ass whoopin’.

• Like 1

v0icAvfW.jpg

21 minutes ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

I wonder if CSU is really having second thoughts about leaving.

Doesn't it cost them $12M to leave the MWC?

And they're up to their eyeballs in stadium debt that 'fans' aren't coming to pay for....

This may just be a money thing.   AF has our taxes and no debt....

• Like 2

I got a feeling AF and CSU are going to stay in the MWC, I understand they want to get ahead of the MWC before the big 12 poaches some schools but even the AAC is not safe either with Memphis possibly leaving next, why would they leave?

according to this article the MWC is better than the AAC this year and that's still with Cincinnati, UCF and Houston still in the conference, just shows how bad half of the AAC is.

https://www.si.com/college/2021/09/27/ranking-fbs-football-conferences-big-ten-sec

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Doesn't it cost them $12M to leave the MWC?

And they're up to their eyeballs in stadium debt that 'fans' aren't coming to pay for....

This may just be a money thing.   AF has our taxes and no debt....

AAC is offering a waiver for the entrance fees and would pay the exit fees from their P3 schools that just moved up to the B12 at $20 million a pop to exit.  So it wouldn't cost them a dime right off the bat.  BUUUUUT increased travel costs on the other hand... and when that AAC TV deal gets reworked, it won't look as good as it does now, that's for damn sure. 

• Like 2