Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

Well. Hate to bring the good news but Air Force and Colorado State are gone. The exact reason for CSU is to better position themselves in case of more realignment. For Air Force is to be with more private schools and Navy.

Its a done deal. MWC is gonna stay at 10 and add basketball schools.

Didn't CSU's president come from West Virginia? Is she thinking a conference with USF and Temple is the same as the old Big East when WVU was a member?

The question for Colorado State and Air Force is which is the long term stronger conference below:

MWC w/o Boise State

SDSU, Fresno, Hawaii, Nevada, UNLV, Utah State, New Mexico, San Jose State, CSU & Air Force

OR

Amercian w/o Memphis

SMU, USF, Temple, ECU, Tulane, Tulsa, Navy, UAB, CSU & Air Force (and Wichita State basketball only)

Must also factor in ESPN as a partner for the American.

JMHO, but staying in the MWC should be a no-brainer.

4 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

The question for Colorado State and Air Force is which is the long term stronger conference below:

MWC w/o Boise State

SDSU, Fresno, Hawaii, Nevada, UNLV, Utah State, New Mexico, San Jose State, CSU & Air Force

OR

Amercian w/o Memphis

SMU, USF, Temple, ECU, Tulane, Tulsa, Navy, UAB, CSU & Air Force (and Wichita State basketball only)

Which is why I remain doubtful until we hear something official.    At best, it's a lateral move.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

17 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I'm pretty sure SDSU is R1 as is NV, UNLV,....

We wish.

• Like 1

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

23 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

MWC w/o Boise State

OR

Amercian w/o Memphis

Looking at that list, it doesn't make a lot of sense for CSU, a large land grant institution, to align themselves with mainly private and smaller schools. 

If they move for exposure, what exposure will they be getting.  No one cares about those schools for the most part and very few back East care about CSU.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Looking at that list, it doesn't make a lot of sense for CSU, a large land grant institution, to align themselves with mainly private and smaller schools. 

If they move for exposure, what exposure will they be getting.  No one cares about those schools for the most part and very few back East care about CSU.  

They’ll get the pleasure of playing ESPN+!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

In sure those are privately owned. I'm talking wild bison. I had worked with some on Antelope Island near SLC. Those poor things might as well just be cows. We took some of those and moved then to Land Between The Lakes in Tennessee (Ironically to help with inbreeding).

It sounds like you have a pretty cool job.

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

Well. Hate to bring the good news but Air Force and Colorado State are gone. The exact reason for CSU is to better position themselves in case of more realignment. For Air Force is to be with more private schools and Navy.

Its a done deal. MWC is gonna stay at 10 and add basketball schools.

Links ?

Or, are you now the ultimate link ?

interested kevin nash GIF

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, Kirbycreekpoke said:

Is the plural of Beefalo Beefalo? 

Buffalo

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

SDSU is limited in issuing PHD's.   Every PHD they issue has to be in conjuction with another University.  When CA set up the two tier systems between the UC's and CSU's, it granted UC's the power to do research and issue PHD's and the Cal States could not, which is why the Cal States do not have Medical schools or Laws schools.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

SDSU isn't R1?  Damn.  I thought you were. 

That could be a problem.

TCU, BYU, Boise State and SDSU are all R2 classified. So in the B12 it doesn't seem to matter.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ibanez said:

Forest Ranger in the Eagle Cap Wilderness in Oregon. Lots of desk work and cleaning in between the cool stuff. But when I was going to WSU I did a lot of animal tagging with radio collars, did species counts, and helped bring Mountain Goats back into Oregon. It's a cool job when you're out of the office.

No job is as cool as it looks.  But the cool stuff you sometimes get to do is way better than most jobs, especially if you like the great outdoors. 

Every kid I grew up with at Tahoe, my self included, wanted to be a forest ranger at some point in our formative years.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Barack Obama