Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

3 hours ago, quickdraw said:

This move makes more sense than BS U to the B12. There must be some motivation though behind AFA and CSU to want to exit. We all know the conference has heartburn with the unequal revenue sharing and maybe even more so with how that came about. 

The 2 teams make convenient travel partners and probably make slightly better money. Combine that with leaving bad feelings behind. This one is believable.

Its the only shot they have to be competitive on FB or B-ball.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

3 hours ago, cosinama said:

CSU must be anticipating future defections. My only guess is they’re trying to get out in front of something. But they suck at everything so it might just be they suck at conference realignment as well. 

Yeah, I don't get leaving your Front Range partners and a stable Conference behind.

But then, they over-leveraged an empty edifice to dreams of non-existent Football glory. Then topped it off by throwing money at a Grifter to tell them to hire a former incompetent lackey of his.

• Like 2

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

23 minutes ago, jewelz4562000 said:

Lol why would you take CSU? Your conference just got decimated, I know lets grab the 2 to 3rd worst team in the MW!!! That will fix it.  Wouldn't like losing AF minus hoops which is good.

Location: east of the Rockies. Broadcast value: perceived Denver market. Academics and other university related metrics: above average. Facilities and AD budget: above average for mid major. CSU would be a safe pick for the AAC with little risk in everything except their performance in FB.

• Like 3

Mike Aresco just got a contract extension.  Thru July 2025.

Given the financial haircut the AAC is about to get, if it comes with a raise then its time to question the academic integrity of Tulane, Tulsa, etc....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

25 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

Location: east of the Rockies. Broadcast value: perceived Denver market. Academics and other university related metrics: above average. Facilities and AD budget: above average for mid major. CSU would be a safe pick for the AAC with little risk in everything except their performance in FB.

So they have reached the point where they are just trying to find a warm body near a large city, who will say, "yes."

• Like 1

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

So they have reached the point where they are just trying to find a warm body near a large city, who will say, "yes."

How do you think Tulane and Tulsa got in?

• Like 2

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

1) the creation of the MWC

2) leading the term sheet creation and then now bailing because of it.   

We were discussing CSU leaving which they haven't confirmed, so really, they left the WAC quite some years ago.  I wouldn't call that a history really 

34 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

Hear, hear. This is also why I'm surprised there is so much excitement from this board about them leaving as though it is neutral for the conference or a net positive. In the context of the MWC, it's well-funded, sound academically, centrally located, gets at least some attention from the Denver media market, and has great football facilities. Of course it has warts. If any school in this conference didn't, they wouldn't be in the MWC. The MWC benefits a lot from having a near monopoly on D1 football on the Front Range. I for one, would be bummed and perplexed if CSU leaves. Not sure why many on this board seem to think its a win to lose a stable, if underperforming conference member.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rambouche said:

Hear, hear. This is also why I'm surprised there is so much excitement from this board about them leaving as though it is neutral for the conference or a net positive. In the context of the MWC, it's well-funded, sound academically, centrally located, gets at least some attention from the Denver media market, and has great football facilities. Of course it has warts. If any school in this conference didn't, they wouldn't be in the MWC. The MWC benefits a lot from having a near monopoly on D1 football on the Front Range. I for one, would be bummed and perplexed if CSU leaves. Not sure why many on this board seem to think its a win to lose a stable, if underperforming conference member.  

No one really wants to see them leave.  But there is a silver lining if they do.

• Like 2

Barack Obama

2 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I bought Brown's book and it wasn't bad. However, the guy strikes me as being merely a Mormon who loves BYU football and did a lot of research to put the thing together. It doesn't contain any inside info that I'm aware of.

He likes Ohio State. I don't think he hates BYU, but I don't think he loves them either.

• Like 1

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

3 minutes ago, Rambouche said:

It matters not what members of this board think...I like CSU, but if they want to leave they are going to leave..We have no way of knowing how that will affect the MW at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWC Tex said:

Even divisions.  Beef up basketball for the conference.

We don't really need them and they will always be available if we ever do.

I'd rather hold off until it gets closer to when our media deal is up.  I'd imagine our TV partners would like a voice in regards to who we invite.

• Like 1

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

No one really wants to see them leave.  But there is a silver lining if they do.

Some silver linings :cheer:

The scintillating CSU vs Tulsa battles full of tradition 

The epic CSU vs Tulane games where winner gets Gumbo or Rocky Mountain Oysters 

The compelling CSU vs East Carolina where the road trip is 1,810 miles or 26 hours straight pedal to the metal 

The CSU vs Temple Bill Cosby Bowl which is actually 85 miles closer to FOCO than ECU at 1,725 miles 

Bill Cosby GIF

And the MUST SEE battles between CSU & South Florida which is 28 hours & 1,910 miles away!  Header Logo

• Haha 2