Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

4 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

We'd rather be talking about a good CSU team, with good fan support, in a lousy stadium,  rather than a lousy CSU team, in a great stadium, with poor attendance. 

"If you build it they will come" only works in the movies.

As a CSU fan, so would I. Still not clear to me why building a stadium and having a healthy athletic budget makes them  a**h**** who are getting what was coming to them?

• Like 1

The MW will be the 6th best league if everyone stays.   The one team i could see leaving the MW is AF.  AF could go football only and move their Olympics the the Summit, Big Sky, MVC or WCC.  It would make Navy a conference game and allow them to recruit TX more.  We will see.

11 minutes ago, slappy said:

There is a right way to do things and a wrong way.  The state of Colorado in general chooses the wrong way.  CSU is leading the way. 

Well, at least a general hate for Colorado explains why you'd celebrate CSU's misfortunes and criticize them for trying. I'd rather have every school in the MWC shoot for the moon (including WYO) and see the conference as a whole get stronger, but that's just me.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Rambouche said:

Well, at least a general hate for Colorado explains why you'd celebrate CSU's misfortunes and criticize them for trying. I'd rather have every school in the MWC shoot for the moon (including WYO) and see the conference as a whole get stronger, but that's just me.

I'm surprised CSU has struggled.  It's all there if you guys can ever get it figured out.  Good town and uni to recruit to, nice stadium, decent in state talent, and a conference they should excel in.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

I'm surprised CSU has struggled.  It's all there if you guys can ever get it figured out.  Good town and uni to recruit to, nice stadium, decent in state talent, and a conference they should excel in.  

As a lifelong Ram fan, I'm no longer surprised, but agree that a lot of the key ingredients are in place for the program to be successful. If they were half as good at coaching up players as Wyoming has been over the years, they would be perennially competitive.

It would also be incredibly helpful to the conference for CSU to be relevant. At this point, I don't think anyone in the conference wins when a program is in the toilet, but it particularity hurts when major media markets could come into play for the conference IF the schools ever got their act together (see UNLV)...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aztec Since 88 said:

The MW will be the 6th best league if everyone stays.  

That is just not a sure thing. The 8 remaining AAC schools plus the four best CUSA/SBC teams will be comparable to the MWC. It will be more of a 6A and 6B situation.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rambouche said:

What's up with CSU hate? If half of the MWC was willing to invest the resources CSU did, this conference would unequivocally be the best of the rest. Why are they getting what was coming to them because they tried and came up short? Don't we want every school to put the resources in to be better? They s*** the bed in football and have a great basketball team when they were trying to swing for the fences. Not sure why that makes them a villain. Please help me understand...

I agree unequivocally.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rambouche said:

As a CSU fan, so would I. Still not clear to me why building a stadium and having a healthy athletic budget makes them  a**h**** who are getting what was coming to them?

Because they lost to a FCS team at home.

Hopefully, the win against Toledo will silence the critics.

Congrats on the much needed win. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

On 9/17/2021 at 5:13 PM, idkk said:

This might be dumbest AAC-MWC merger proposal I have seen. Enjoy.

Those are some phucked up divisions.

I Cant Modern Family GIF by HULU

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

20 hours ago, Ibanez said:

BJ Rains, Dennis Dodd, Chris Vannini on Big 12, MWC, AAC realignment. Good listen. Confirms I was right about everything.....obviously.

Seriously though. Talks CSU, UNLV among other things. More importantly, says the MWC is the new P5 and is told MWC will make better money that the correct AAC in three years.

https://youtu.be/i_ayF2dCiCg

"Boise State really does hold all the cards in this"? Really? Well, Boise is certainly holding a couple football aces. But what else?

Well, there's football.

And then there's football.

And let's not forget football.

Correct me id I'm wrong but Boise is now 1-2 on the season and the next four games are at Utah State, home to Nevada, at BYU, home to AFA whose option Boise has often had trouble defending, then a week off to prepare for terrible CSU but then a game at Fresno State which right now is the best team in the conference. What will happen if Boise merely splits those six as could easily happen? Will folks then really begin to question whether Avalos was the right guy for the job?

Seems to me that right now, what Boise is holding are two aces, a four of hearts, a three of clubs and a two of spades and there is no wild card in this game.

okie State's Mushrum to Boise State's Tromp (sic): "We're about to be offered membership to the Pac 12 but aren't sure we want to accept. A good source has told me that if we do leave for the Pac 12, the Big 12 will offer membership to Boise State to replace us. Just kicking the tires a bit here so don't consider this a formal proposal but how much of our Big 12 exit fee would Boise State be willing to pay to see us join the Pac 12?"

• Haha 2