Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

23 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

I kind of think Louisiana-Lafayette is going to be poached by either AAC or C-USA who may and probably will lose teams from this

If the AAC doesn't come calling, they are best to remain in the SBC if they can avoid losing a minimum 

Related image

18 minutes ago, trvitmvnz said:

If the AAC doesn't come calling, they are best to remain in the SBC if they can avoid losing a minimum 

I think it will depend if C-USA loses teams, Louisiana-Lafayette might be a serious consideration for it. But no I don't think they are actively looking to leave where they are either. 

34 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Actually word is the MWC has no desire to expand. And none of the MWC have any desire to go anywhere else. But word is Air Force and CSU may be talking to the AAC.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/aztecs/story/2021-09-17/san-diego-state-sdsu-aztecs-mountain-west-expansion-realignment-craig-thompson-air-force-colorado-state

And go ahead and count SDSU or any other school in the Pacific time zone out of Big 12 conversations. Jeff Caves (Per Dennis Dobbs) said tonight on his podcast that BSU and CSU are the only teams out west the Big 12 is interested in.

https://youtu.be/OzEu8ynYHek

https://art19.com/shows/bleav-in-boise-st-football/episodes/7a57cd6a-7350-445c-9c2e-9bdb0642c96b

I don't want to watch the link... who is Jeff Caves? (not giving you crap... I actually don't know who that is).

4 hours ago, idkk said:

This might be dumbest AAC-MWC merger proposal I have seen. Enjoy.

This thing is a joke right, UConn paid $17 million to get out of the AAC just a few years ago.  East has a California school, a Nevada school, and a Colorado school.  The West has a Florida school, a Pennsylvania school, and a Tennessee school. 

2 hours ago, Ibanez said:

I have a feeling if CSU is entertaining this then they know the Big 12 doesn't have them in the top 4. That means USF and Tulane or SMU are in the top 4 with Memphis and Boise State.

Or.. they are baiting SDSU and Boise State to come.

SMU was in the southwest conference like Houston was when they were kicked to the curb, and could see SMU back just because the schools have been together as a conference before but South Florida could be attractive mainly get a partner for Central Florida in there. IF Colorado St was ever in the mix for Big 12, actually in the mix not just putting a presentation for the hell of it thing, then with what has happened there the last few years I think would have put the cabosh on it all. You look, BYU, Houston and Cincinnati put out models for more than one sport there, with C Florida strong in football. 

2 hours ago, Ibanez said:

I have a feeling if CSU is entertaining this then they know the Big 12 doesn't have them in the top 4. That means USF and Tulane or SMU are in the top 4 with Memphis and Boise State.

Or.. they are baiting SDSU and Boise State to come.

I’m guessing if they are baiting any two it’s SDSU and UNLV.   Maybe Fresno

12 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

IF Colorado St was ever in the mix for Big 12, actually in the mix not just putting a presentation for the hell of it thing, then with what has happened there the last few years I think would have put the cabosh on it all.

CSU thought if they over leveraged themselves and built a football stadium, then hired substance abusing coaching staffs they could impress their way in.  Something is right in the world that it blew up in their faces.  Their athletic program is now one of the worst out west.  Hell Unlv gets more wins in football and hoops.  Sad. 

1 minute ago, slappy said:

CSU thought if they over leveraged themselves and built a football stadium, then hired substance abusing coaching staffs they could impress their way in.  Something is right in the world that it blew up in their faces.  Their athletic program is now one of the worst out west.  Hell Unlv gets more wins in football and hoops.  Sad. 

They did put a lot into that stadium saying that was a game changer for them, perhaps they were correct it did become a game changer in the wrong direction. But they have had a lot of issues in their athletic department as well in the last few years 

• Cheers 1

I’m guessing everything ends up going pretty straightforward. The MWC doesn’t seem like they are going to be able to poach any AAC schools, and the AAC won’t be able to poach any MWC schools. AAC will just pick the four best CUSA/SBC teams and then we will see the predictable ripples as the SBC and CUSA backfill. In the west the only wild card is wether the WCC goes back to 10 by adding Seattle, Denver, or GCU, or if they stay at 9. I think they’ll just do whatever Gonzaga wants them to do. My first thought was Gonzaga wouldn’t want a 10th member, but they probably would now that I think more about it; it would let them keep avoiding playing two of the lower rated teams twice. They probably just don’t want Seattle. 

59 minutes ago, slappy said:

What's up with CSU hate? If half of the MWC was willing to invest the resources CSU did, this conference would unequivocally be the best of the rest. Why are they getting what was coming to them because they tried and came up short? Don't we want every school to put the resources in to be better? They s*** the bed in football and have a great basketball team when they were trying to swing for the fences. Not sure why that makes them a villain. Please help me understand...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rambouche said:

What's up with CSU hate? If half of the MWC was willing to invest the resources CSU did, this conference would unequivocally be the best of the rest. Why are they getting what was coming to them because they tried and came up short? Don't we want every school to put the resources in to be better? They s*** the bed in football and have a great basketball team when they were trying to swing for the fences. Not sure why that makes them a villain. Please help me understand...

We'd rather be talking about a good CSU team, with good fan support, in a lousy stadium,  rather than a lousy CSU team, in a great stadium, with poor attendance. 

"If you build it they will come" only works in the movies.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

9 minutes ago, Rambouche said:

There is a right way to do things and a wrong way.  The state of Colorado in general chooses the wrong way.  CSU is leading the way.